- Text Size +
Lina sat quietly on the blanket in the backyard pulling her fingers trough Nick’s soft hair. 'He’s great' she thought to herself. 'I wonder what last night meant to him, but I don’t think I have the guts to ask him. Not now, I just wanna enjoy this moment for a while.' As if he could sense that she was thinking about him, he woke up. He looked up at her grabbed her and pulled her down so she was laying on top of him.

“Mmm... this feels good” he pulled her closer and kissed her. Her body melted against his and her heartbeat raced. As they continued to explore eachother the world faded away. Nick pulled her t-shirt aside a bit and his hands started to wander up her body...

“Nick!” They immediately let go of eachother, still breathing heavily.

“What?” Nick looked up and stared right into Kevins eyes. He wasn’t looking to happy.

"What the heck is this?" He showed them the newspaper.

Lina gasped. "That's me. It's... us. On the cover of a newspaper."

"Yeah. With a pretty little story of Nick and a mystery woman kissing and practically having sex in the middle of a dancefloor."

"We didn't... we were nowhere close..." Nick started, defensive.

"I know you weren't. Howie saw ya, well, parts of it. But what about everyone else? You know about what happens when stuff like this gets to the media. We have to have a meeting. Be in Brian's office in ten minutes."

"Yeah, I'll be there."

"I'll get the others." Kevin said and walked away.


"Oh my god... I'm on the cover of a newspaper. Shit!"

"So what do we do about this?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I've kinda laid low on the women-side of my life since... well, you know. We'd all agreed on that beeing the best, considering our tour, that we who were single would keep things that way for awhile. Well, I don't feel like that anymore. I know it's fast, but... Whatever we have, I don't want it to end before it's even started."

"I... I don't know what to say Nick." This was a bit faster than she'd expected. She'd broke it off with Dan because everything was moving too fast, and here she was, with a man she'd known for ages, through his music and pictures, but met only two days ago. A man she wasn't willing to let go.

"I'm not saying we have to get married today. We'll date, go out, have fun, get to know eachother?"

"Sure. We don't have to make this any more complicated than it is."

"So, you busy tonight? A dinner, movie type thing?"

"Nope, not busy. Dinner-movie-thing sounds great."

"Great. I'll pick you up at eight. Gotta go, sweetie." He kissed her and made his way back to the house.


"Jo" Lina thought. "Gotta find Jo and tell her I've got me a date tonight."

Jo was in her room, cleaning it up when Lina burst through the door. "Guess what? I'm on the cover of a paper." She danced around the room, then threw herself on a couch.

"I saw that. You look... Cute. Drunk, but cute."

"I had no idea there were photographers outside. Do you think everyone's mad at me now?"

"Well, first off, you were kissing a Backstreet Boy, what did you think were going to happen? And I don't think they're mad at you. As you said, you had no idea. Nick, on the other hand, should have known better."

"I know. And he doesn't seem mad. I've got at date tonight."

"With Nick?"

"No, with Alex. Yeah with Nick, you moron."


The boys were collected in Brian's office, and discussion was heated.

"I really don't see the point of this rule. We're people, not machines. If I like someone, I like someone."

"Yeah, I agree with Nick."

"We know you do, Alex, and we know why." Kevin snapped. "We're talking about our reputation here, that has to be cleaned after a few people in here made fools of themselves. Not..." He interrupted Nick that was going to defend himself. "Not that I don't understand what you both have been through, but we have to put the group above ourselves here."

"I don't know Kev... Yeah, it was clumsy of him, but we can't really blame him for liking her, can we?" Howie said, his voice calm.

"How can you know you like her? You've known her for what? Two seconds?" Kevin asked, his green eyes focused on Nick.

"I don't know, man. She... She's... you know, I can't explain it. I just do."

"I think she is in fact a nice girl. You all agreed to that over breakfast." Brian looked at Kevin and Howie, and they nodded. "Maybe we should just let that rule slip, as long..." Brian looked Nick sternly in the eyes. "as you keep things under control. No scandals."

"Ok," Kevin said. "That goes for you, too." He looked at Alex who shrugged.

"Sure man."

"Yeah. No drama with our nanny ok?" Brian laughed. "Should we consider this meeting as over? Gotta go visit the in-laws. We'll be gone most of the night, too bad we didn't know you were coming, we would have changed the plans, but now it's kind of too late. I don't doubt though, that you'll find ways to entertain yourselves."

"Yeah. Please. And don't worry." Alex said, faking an angry face.

"Hope you don't mind, Bri, but me and the missus were kind of planning to move to the Buckhead hotel, to get some alone time."

"I don't mind at all. When are you leaving?"

"I think Kristin's packing our bags as we speak."

"Cool man. Join us for brunch tomorrow."

"Yeah, we will."


Nick and Alex were the last to leave the room. "Hey, Bone?"

"Yeah?"

"How about we go find those lovely ladies?"

A smile spread across Alex's face. "Sure man."


But Lina and Jo had left to check out the shopping in Atlanta. Howie had thrown himself on the phone to make a date with the cute girl from Hiccup, and was out the door to meet her. The house was completely empty within half an hour after the meeting had ended.

"Looks like it's just the two of us, then. So what's the story with you and Jo?"

Alex told the story, and as he finished with the kiss they'd shared and how she'd ran away from him twice, he said: "I'm not gonna give up on this. I gotta have her."

"I bet you do... Alex has a crush..." Nick teased.

"It's not that. I LIKE her. And you're one to talk there, you 24 hour casanova."

"So, what are you going to do about it?"

"Wish I knew..."

"Wait. You're going to have the house all to yourselves tonight. You have to make her something romantic. A picnic! In the backyard, by the pool."

"Man, you really are growing up, aren't you? Romance? You? Guess you really like Lina huh?"

"Yup, I do. Now let's get this party started!"