- Text Size +
Lina walked in to Nick’s hotel room and sat down on the bed to catch her breath. It had been a busy day at work and she was tired.

“Hi babe” Nick stood in the door and smiled at her. She jumped up off the bed and gave him a big hug.

“I’ve missed you today, it’s boring here without you...” he looked at her with a sad face.

“Well, I’ve missed you to but I gotta work you know.” She giggled when she saw his face. He looked like a child who was denied his funniest toy.

“I know, I just wanna spend time with you. It’s only two weeks left until I have to go to New York.” He started kissing her and pulled her back to bed. “I wanna make the best of the time that’s left”


They spent the rest of the day in bed, making love and talking.

“I’m hungry. I need some food.” Lina heard her stomach growling. She hadn’t eaten anything since lunch and now it was nine PM.

“Well we can order room service.” Nick reached over to the phone.

“What do you want?”

“I don’t know, it doesn’t matter. I’ll have what you’re having.”

Nick ordered some food and ten minutes later they sat in bed eating.

“Sometimes I don’t think we ever do anything but spend our time in bed.” Lina said.

“Well, that’s because we don’t. And why should we? I like having you here naked in my bed. I think you look your best then. ” He laughed and leaned over to kiss her.

“Hey, back off, I’m eating here.” She pushed him back to his place.

“Well sorry then, you’re weird, you know that huh?”

“Not weird, hungry”

“So you actually won’t kiss me because you’re eating?”

“Yep, when I’m done you can kiss me again.” She looked up at him and smiled.

“Maybe I don’t wanna kiss you then...”

“Oh you will!” she put her plate away and pushed him back so she laid on top of him.


She kissed him him and she felt how he got excited, again. He pushed away the things that was spread across the bed and started to explore her body.

“I guess I do wanna kiss you” he mumbled as he rolled over so she got under him. She let her hands wander down his body until she felt his hardness in her hand. He moaned and kissed her harder…


Rrriiing!!


“Don’t answer that” Nick mumbled.

“I have to, it could be important.” Lina grabbed for her phone and Nick rolled over to the other side of the bed with a sigh.

“Damn, woman you’re killing me here.”

“Hi this is Lina.” She pulled the cover around her as she sat up.

“Hi Lina, it’s Andy. I’m here in Atlanta. And I need your help.”

“Andy, hi... what are you doing here?” she said surprised. Nick looked at her wondering why an Andy was calling her. He thought there was something familiar with that name. But he couldn’t figure out where he had heard it before.

“I’ve just had dinner with Jo and I asked her to marry me... I kissed her and she ran off. She was talking about some guy she has met.”

“Alex.”

“Yeah, Alex. Who the hell is he? And what is she doing with him?”

Lina hesitated to answer; she didn’t know what she was going to say. She couldn’t believe that Andy had come all this way to win Jo back.

“Well... he’s Alex. He works with her boss. He’s one of the Backstreet Boys. They started dating a few weeks ago. Sorry Andy.”

“So she’s serious about this guy?”

“I think so. I’m really sorry, I know you love her. If you want we could meet and talk for a while.”

Nick still sat on the other side of the bed and he wasn’t looking to happy. He listened while Lina gave the guy directions to the hotel.


“Okay. Meet me in the lobby in thirty minutes.”

She hung up and turned to Nick.

“I’m sorry Nick but I have to go meet a friend. I’m just going downstairs so I won’t be far.”

“Yes I’ve heard. So you’re gonna help him get back with Jo?”

“What, no I’m just going to meet him and talk. He’s upset right now. He’s been in my life for seven years and I really care about him.” She looked at Nick but he looked away. She couldn’t understand why he gotten so upset.


“Tell him to go home. She’s with Alex now. I don’t wanna see him get hurt. He’s gone through to much already.”

Lina felt the anger bubbling inside her. “I don’t believe you... this is none of your business. This is up to Jo to decide. I care about Alex, I do. But I care about Andy too. And I want Jo to be with the one she feels could make her happy.”

“Well. If this Andy guy made her happy she wouldn’t be here right now isn’t that true?”

Lina didn’t answer. She got up and put her clothes on. “I’m not going to talk to you about this.”

“Fine, don’t. But I’m not supporting you meeting with this guy.” Nick said. He had gotten angry too and they stood there looking at eachother. None of them willing to look away.

“Nick... I’m not trying to mess things up for Alex. I’m only meeting him as a friend who needs comfort. He’s lost the woman he loves.” She tried to tell him. She didn’t like where this were going. She and Nick had never fought before. She didn’t know how to handle this.

“Fine, go.”

“Maybe I should go home after?” She asked him.

“You do what you want.” He answered unwilling to look at her. She couldn’t believe it. Why was he reacting like this?


“Fine, then I’ll go home.” She took her bag and walked out of the door. When she got outside she felt tears watering her eyes. 'I can’t believe it, why is he so mad at me?' she thought.


She walked down to the foyer and met with Andy. He was determined to stay. He couldn’t believe that Jo would choose not to go home with him. Lina didn’t know what to say. She always thought that Jo and Andy were perfect for eachother, but now... she wasn’t so sure. Jo was so happy with Alex. She hadn’t seen her friend like that for a long time.


“Lina you have to talk to her. Explain to her that she’s making a mistake.” Andy pleaded.

“I don’t know Andy. I can talk to her, but this is her decision to make. I don’t wanna interfere with that.”

“So you think she should stay with this Alex huh?”

“I don’t know. I want her to be happy. That’s all.”

They talked for a while and Andy returned to his hotel. He didn’t want to go home yet. He wanted to stay and give it one more try.

Lina sat in the bar for a while not sure if she should go upstairs to Nick. She didn’t know what to say to him. She couldn’t understand his reaction to all this. It wasn't like she was the one who had a boyfriend coming back for her. She was only down there to meet an old friend.


“Lina.” She turned around and looked right into Nick.

“Nick... ” she felt her heart race. She didn’t know what to say.

“I’m so sorry babe, I totally overreacted. Please stay.” He looked at her and she could see in his eyes that he was nervous.
She felt how she weakened and threw herself around his neck and started to cry.

“Sweetie, don’t cry. I’m so sorry.” Nick tried to comfort as he held her in his arms.

“I can’t help it. I was so worried. I didn’t know if you wanted to see me again.”

“Of course I want to. I overreacted. My temper sometimes gets the upper hand on me.” He turned her face so she had to look him in the eyes.

“Please forgive me... I love you...”

She stared at him and couldn’t believe what he’d just said. He never told her he loved her before.

“Nick... I love you too.”

He softly kissed her and the rest of the world faded away.


“Make up sex is great.” Nick said and looked satisfied.

“Oh you’re such a pig.” Lina giggled.

“Indeed I am, but I’m cute pig.” He joked and kissed her.


Rrriiing!!


“Oh, not again! Now what?” Nick said and sighed heavily.

“I don’t know, wait” Lina reached for the phone. It was Jo calling.