- Text Size +
As Lina hung up the phone, she turned around and saw the curiosity in Nick’s eyes.

“What was that all about?”

“Nothing.” Lina quickly answered and blushed. She didn’t want Nick to know about her teenage crush on his band member and best friend.

“Come on, tell me, what about Brian?” he grabbed her and started tickle her.

“Stop it!” Lina laughed.

“Nope not until you tell me what that was about.” He continued tickling her.

“Okay, okay, I give up.” she cried. She hated when people tickled her, she couldn’t stand it.

“So tell me then.”

“Well... oh this is so embarrassing! When I was like fifteen I had this huge crush on Brian…”

Nick started laughing and Lina looked like she wanted to die.

“So you were in love with Brian huh?” he said and couldn’t stop laughing. “For how long?”

“Until about a month ago...” she said quietly and looked up.

“Wait, so you’re saying that you’d still had a crush on him when you got here?”

“Yes! But when I got here I realized that it was a crush on a fantasy guy okay?!”

“Man, do I have to tell the others about this!” Nick teased her and giggled.

“No please don’t, it was just a silly crush...” she begged him.

“Well you know I’m no good in keeping secrets.” He kept teasing her. “So tell me what was it about him that made you fall in love?”

“Stop it okay! I don’t wanna talk about it anymore... besides, I didn’t think you would wanna know about my feelings for your friend.”

“Oh but this is so much fun... and I know you love me, cause I’m wonderful!”


He bent over and kissed her.

“I’m not so sure about that wonderful part...” she said and pushed him so he fell down off the bed. He looked up from the floor a bit surprised.

“Hey, why are you trying to kill me?”

He jumped up on the bed again and lay down next to her.
He teased her a little bit more and then they started to talk about the trip to New York. Lina couldn’t go with them for two weeks because of her job but they decided that she would fly there for the weekends. They fell asleep in each others arms and slept late the next morning. It was Saturday and Lina didn’t work weekends so they decided to spend the day together and do some sightseeing.


They strolled down a street looking for a nice place to eat as she saw a for rent sign in a window.

“Nick, look” she pointed at the sign. “Can we look? I think that this might be a perfect place for me to live”

"Hey, what’s wrong with my hotel room?” he said and looked offended.

“Nothing, stupid, I like being there with you. But I can’t stay there forever. You’re leaving soon and living there would be to expensive for me”

“You know I would pay for it if you need it.”

“Thanks but I couldn’t let you do that. I need my own place here. If I’m gonna create a life here for me I can’t live in a hotel room.”


They went inside to talk to the owner. He let them into the apartment and Lina loved it. It was perfect. It was only one big room but with a lovely small kitchen and a big bathroom. She didn’t hesitate to take the apartment and she signed the papers right there and then. She was able to move in instantly so she decided to move the next day.
The apartment was partly furnished with a bed a sofa and a bookcase in the living room and a small table in the kitchen. So she could move in without having to buy new furniture instantly.


Nick spent the rest of the day not saying much. But Lina was to excited to notice. She kept talking about her new home and making plans for how to decorate it. She bought a lot of new things for her new place and she was overloaded with bags when they got back to the hotel.


Lina got in to the hotel room and threw her bags in one of the chairs.

“I can’t believe it, its like a shopping paradise here. I think I’ve just spend my entire paycheck for this month on new clothes and things for the apartment.” She laughed and went in to the bedroom to change clothes. Nick followed her with a troubled look on his face.

“Lina I need to talk to you about this apartment thing.”

“What about it?”

“I don’t want you to take it.”

“What why not, it’s perfect for me, you know that. I told you I can’t afford living in a hotel.”

“I know that, but that’s not what this is about. I want you to come with me on this tour.”

She stood there in shock for a while. She didn’t see that coming and she didn’t know how to respond to that. She was flattered but she didn’t wanna give up her life. She almost did that once with Dan and she nearly forgot who she was without a partner always standing next to her. She was only Lina as in Lina and Dan.


“Nick... I’m so happy you feel that way, but I can’t. I'm not ready for that. I need a place that is only mine. And I need something that’s only for me. This job and new place is important to me.”

“So you don’t want to be with me?” he looked hurt and his voice shivered a bit.

“Yes I wanna be with you. And I’ll come visit as often I can. But I don’t wanna give this up. I told you about Dan and how he wanted me to be only what he wanted. I spent years trying to please others and trying to erase my own wishes.”

“I’m not asking you to give up who you are, I just want you with me on this tour. Its not forever you know.”

She could tell that he was disappointed in her but she couldn’t help it. She couldn’t go with him. “Please Nick don’t be mad at me.” She tried to pull him close to her but he turned away.

“I’m not mad I guess, but I’m not happy about your decision either. I’m tired of having girlfriends that I don’t get to see more often than maybe once in two months. When I leave for Europe I’m gone for several months you know.”

“I know...” they stood there not knowing what to say.
Was their relationship gonna survive that? None of them knew.


The remaining two weeks went by and Lina and Nick desperately tried to make the days go by slower. Lina moved in to her apartment and bought some things so it would look more comfy. They spent the last days before Nick had to leave by themselves at her place. As the day came for Nick to leave for rehearsal in New York Lina went with them to say goodbye at the airport.


She said goodbye to Jo and the rest of the guys and they left so she and Nick could be alone.

“So I guess I see you this weekend.” Nick said and leaned his head against hers.

“You know it, I’m gonna miss you!”

“I’m gonna miss you too, I wish you would come with me.”

“Nick, please don’t start his again, I don’t wanna fight with you right before you have to leave.”

“I’m sorry, I don’t wanna fight either... I have to go, but I love you, remember that.”

“I know, and I love you. I’ll see you in a couple of days okay?”

“Sure, I can’t wait.”

They stood there for a while just holding each other. Finally they called out for the passengers to go onboard.

“Bye Nick!” she hugged him harder and gave him a long, soft kiss. She turned around not letting him see her tears and walked away. Was she really doing the right thing by not going with him, she asked herself.