- Text Size +
The days after Nick left, Lina didn’t know what to do. She went to work and she got home. That was all. She missed Jo and wished that she hadn’t gone with them. She knew that came with Jo’s job but still. She needed someone to talk to. She wanted to go with Nick on the tour, but if she did that she would be giving up everything she worked so hard for. She enjoyed her new work and she was making some new friends. She was starting to settle in Atlanta. If she left to be with Nick all her efforts would have been for nothing.


As Lina lay on her bed and felt sorry for her self she heard the phone ringing. She got up to answer.

“Hello?”

“Hi Lina, it’s me Jo” Lina smiled when she heard her friend's voice in the other end.

“Hi Jo, I miss you! You have no idea how lonely I’m feeling right now. How’s New York?”

“It’s wonderful. We have been really busy so I haven’t had time to call. I’m sorry you’re feeling lonely. I wish there was something I could do.”

“I know. But I’ll be there tomorrow, my flight leaves tomorrow morning. I took Thursday off too so I could be there the whole weekend. I’m not going home until Sunday afternoon.”

“That’s great. I can’t wait to see you. And I have to tell you something. Alex told the press he got a girlfriend!”

She heard how happy Jo sounded and she was glad for her, she deserved that after the mess with Andy coming to Atlanta. “I’m so happy for you Jo. I want all the news when I get there okay?”

“Of course. So have you talked to Nick a lot? He misses you.”

“We talked yesterday, I miss him too and I can’t wait to be in his arms again.”

“You know, you should join us here. He would be so happy to have you here.”

“Jo don’t start you too. You know why I’m not there. You of all people should be able to understand my decision.”

“I do, but I think that you may be wrong in this. Nick isn’t Dan. He doesn’t want you to give up who you are. He wants you here because of who you are.”


They talked for a while and Lina felt how she started to feel better. When they hung up she got into bed to try to get some sleep. She had to get up early the next morning to go to the airport.


The next morning was hectic. But she got to the airport in time for her flight and as she sat on the plane she dreamed of Nick. She couldn’t believe how much she loved him already. He knew her so well, and in a way not at all. She hadn’t opened up about her depression, and even though he knew about Dan, he didn’t know all of it. She didn’t wanna think about it. But she couldn’t help it. Dan had been wonderful but he was constantly wanting more from her.


He had this fantasy about his dream woman and she could never live up to that. God knew she had tried. She tried so hard that somewhere along the way she lost herself. And they weren’t loving each other for who they were anymore. They lived in a fantasy and after a while she couldn’t do it anymore. She broke up with him and he had been devastated. She felt bad about hurting him because once she had loved him so much but she had to start thinking about herself.


'I don’t want this with Nick to be a fantasy.' she thought to herself. 'I can’t give up everything to be with him, not until I’m sure about our relationship. I need to know that he wants me for me. I can’t go through a relationship where he wants me to be something I’m not. Not again.'


They landed in New York and when she waited to get her luggage she saw Nick. He was standing there waiting for her. She ran over to him and threw herself in his open arms.

“I’ve missed you baby,” he said and kissed her. They stood there for a while looking at each other.

“I can’t believe I’m in New York. I missed you too, so much. But now I’m here for the next few days.”

“I know. Let’s make the best out of them. I’ve got a big bed in my hotel room.” He smiled and truied to look innocent.

“I bet you do, but I wanna see New York. Not your big bed... well that to but not all the time.” She laughed and felt happy. She was finally there.

Nick and Lina were escorted out to a limo by his bodyguard. There was a crowd of fans standing outside and Nick stopped for a second to write some autographs.

“Who are you?” Some girls asked Lina and she didn’t know what to say. “She is here to visit the boys.” Nicks bodyguard answered.

'What does that mean?' she thought and looked up at Nick. 'I guess we have to talk about it later.'

They jumped in the car and left for the hotel.

“So what was that?” Lina asked Nick as they drove off.

“You mean about you beeing here?”

“Well yeah, is it a secret that you’re with me?”

“I don’t want it to be, but I want to let everyone know at the right time.”

“And when is that?”

“I don’t know yet, but I want to be the one telling the press about us on my own terms not theirs. Please say you understand?" She could tell that he was worried about her reaction.

“It’s okay Nick, I don’t mind. I understand that it’s a special situation you’re in.”

He sighed in relief and kissed her gently. “I promise, I will tell them soon, I don’t wanna hide us. I love you too much to keep you a secret.”

“I love you too.”


The boys had the day off and Lina and Nick decided to meet up with the others later that night. They wanted to spend some time alone first to explore Nick’s big bed... Not that they told the others that but that was their plan.


“Lina are you ready soon?” Nick banged the bathroom door tired of waiting. He wanted to meet up with the rest and go out.

“I’m coming...” she opened the bathroom door and stepped out.

Nick saw her and got completely stunned. She was wearing a short denim skirt and a black halter top. She had her hair in a loose knot in the back and with some loose strands of hair that framed her faced. She’d put on some makeup that made her eyes sparkle and some simple shiny lip gloss.

“Wow... you look stunning.” He kept staring at her for a while.

“Thank you. You don’t look to bad yourself.” She smiled and grabbed her bag. “So are you ready to go?”

“Well I don’t know if I can let you walk out of here looking like that. Every guy here will be trying to get you to go home with them.”

“To bad for them I’m going home with you then.”

“Yeah you are, and I can’t wait.”

He pulled her close and kissed her. She felt his tongue as the kiss got more intense. She felt his hands over her body.

“Okay stop.” She pulled away and tried to breathe normally. “We have to go, they are probably waiting for us.”

“Okay, okay...” he answered reluctantly. “But if someone tries anything with you I’ll punch them. You’re mine!”

She laughed at his cute face and walked out in the corridor and to the elevators. Downstairs in the foyer the rest of the group already sat and waited for them.

“Hi Lina, I think you’re with the wrong Backstreet boy. I thought Brian was the one for you,” she heard Alex say and she turned around and gave Nick a look that said 'I wanna kill you'. “Well I see that this is going to be a fun evening. How are you Alex? Feel like getting a broken nose?”

“You already did that remember?”

“No I did not, but I could. You were the one who broke my...” She stopped as she heard laughter from the others.

“Are you two gonna fight about this forever?” Brian said and laughed. “I swear you two could be siblings or something. I’ve never seen someone with the same temper as Alex.”

“Or with the skill to confront Alex, and give him a run for his money when it comes to verbally attacking someone,” Howie filled in.

Alex and Lina looked at eachother and grunted. Like they were anything alike, Lina thought. 'I’m not the one who can’t admit of doing something wrong. He just doesn’t know when to stop talking.'


The rest of the evening was great. Everyone had a good time and enjoyed the night out, drinking and dancing. Brian and Leigh got home pretty early to get some rest. So did Kevin and Kristin.


Nick and Lina left just a while after Kevin and Kristin. They wanted to be alone together.
As they got back to the hotel Nick started kissing her in the elevator and exploring her body with his hands. As they got out on their floor she dragged him in to the room undressing him on the way into the bedroom.


She pushed him on to the bed and started to kiss his body. She pulled his boxers off him and took him in her hands. He moaned her name and got up to kiss her again. He took her top off and kissed her breasts.

'It feels so good.' She thought and forgot about anything else but her and Nick. They made love and then lay in bed and talked for hours. They didn’t fell asleep until early the next morning.


They spend the rest of the weekend with the others during the days, and making love during the nights. When Sunday arrived she felt sad to leave. But work was waiting for her. Nick went to the airport too say goodbye.

“I'll see you next weekend then.” Nick said and looked sad. He’d tried to get her to stay but she said no once again.

“Please don’t be sad. We’ll find a way to make this work. I promise.” She gave him a kiss and then grabbed her bag, so she wouldn’t forget to take it with her on the plane.

“I’m not so sure about that, were gonna be thousands of miles away from each other. But I don’t wanna talk about that right now.”

“We can talk more next Thursday, okay? We’ll find a way.”

They stood there for a while, noone of them really wanted to walk away. Finally Lina said goodbye and went on her plane.