- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here comes trouble! :D
Lina stepped into her apartment and threw her bag on the floor. She went in to the living room and lay down on the bed. It was Wednesday and she knew Nick would call her soon to try to convince her to come visit him during the weekend. She felt her stomach turning again and she felt sick. The last week she’d been feeling really strange, tired and nauseous. Everything made her feel sick.
'But tomorrow I’ll find out what’s wrong with me,' she thought, and looked at the note by the bed. She’d written down the name of the doctor and what time she was supposed to be there.


Just as she was drifting off to sleep the phone rang.
She reached for it and answered.

“Hi honey!” she heard Nicks voice and smiled.

“Hi, I was almost asleep...”

“Sorry, but why are you sleeping already, something wrong?” Nicks voice sounded worried.

”Nope!” She said quickly. She didn’t wanna worry Nick since it was probably nothing wrong. She just had a cold. Some days in bed and she would be fine again.

“Okay, so are you coming to see me this weekend?”

“I can’t Nick, I already told you, it’s getting too expensive.”

“But, baby you know I’ll pay.”

“I know, and that’s very sweet of you, but I'm not coming this weekend. I'm gonna miss you though.”

“I’m gonna miss you too, I wouldn't have to though, if you weren’t so damn stubborn...”

“But if I weren’t I wouldn’t be the woman you love, right?”

“That’s true, but still,” he laughed.

“I love you Nick, trust me I wanna see you, but this weekend I just wanna be at home and try to catch up with everything. But next weekend nothing can keep me away...”


They talked for a long time and when she hung up the phone she got straight to bed. The clock was only eight PM but she fell asleep and didn’t wake up until ten the next morning. As she woke up she felt the nausea hitting her and she ran into the bathroom.

'Why does this have to happen to me? I hate feeling this way,' she whined to herself as she sat on the bathroom floor. If it was something she couldn’t stand it was pain. All her life she had desperately tried to avoid situations that could be a risk of getting hurt. And when she was sick she drove her mother crazy by constantly whining and feeling sorry for herself.

“The doctor better figure out what’s wrong and fix it.” She got up from the bathroom floor when she started to feel better, and took a shower.

As she walked into the doctor’s office she felt a bit nervous. She didn’t know why, but she did.

“So, Lina Carlson right?”

“Yes that’s me.”

“You’ve been feeling ill and tired you say.”

“Yes, I’ve been felling like this the last couple of days now.”

“I would like to run some tests on you if that’s okay?”

“Sure, do what you think is necessary.”


The doctor did some tests and recommended that she’d stay in bed resting until she got the test results. He told her that the nurse would call her with the results the next day and she went home to get some rest.
She got home and saw the answering machine blinking. She had a message from Nick.


“Hi sweetie! Hope you got a good night's sleep yesterday. Wish you would come here, but I'm not gonna nag about it. Just called to say I love you. But I wish I could tell you that to your face instead on a machine... talk to you later. Bye.”

“Man, why did I have to miss that call,” she said and felt how much she missed him.
The rest of the day went by slow. She was bored out of her mind. She’d tried to call Jo but there was no answer. She was probably taking care of Baylee or doing something with Alex.


That night she had a hard time falling asleep. She missed Nick and she wished she’d gone to see him. But it was to late now. She had to get the test results tomorrow.


Rrriiing!

As she heard the phone ring she jumped off the couch and got to answer it. She had been at home all day waiting for the nurse to call. She didn’t feel any better and hoped that the tests would have come up with the answer to what was wrong with her.

“Hi this is Lina”

"Hi Lina, this is nurse Kincaid, I’m calling about your results from yesterday.

“Yes I know, I’ve been waiting.”

“Sorry that I haven’t called earlier today but it’s been a busy day.”

“Oh that’s okay. So what did the results say? What’s wrong with me?”

“Well, I don’t know if I would say that there is something wrong. You’re pregnant Lina.”

“What!” Lina sat down and wrapped her arm around her belly. “That can’t be right...”

“That’s what the results say. You’re experiencing morning sickness, that’s why you’ve been feeling ill the last week. We need to schedule a new appointment where we can do an ultrasound and determine how far along you are in the pregnancy.”

“Okay...” Lina felt completely lost. This couldn’t be happening.
They booked an appointment and she hung up the phone.

“My God, what am I gonna do? How do I tell Nick about this?”