- Text Size +
Two crappy movies, some disgusting food and endless cans of diet coke (and a few visits to the bathroom) later the plane touched ground in Atlanta. Joanna made her way off the plane, felt an urgent need to go to the bathroom again but forced herself to stop being so nervous and get herself together. Eyeing around the arrival hall, she searched for mr. Carpenter, but there were endless numbers of men in suits. Suddenly she saw a sign with her name on it, held by a young woman. She crossed the hall and walked up to the sign.

"Hi, I'm Joanna. Like the sign!"

The woman laughed. "I'm Candy Rosenberg, with Carpenter Agencies. Mr. Carpenter was stuck at a meeting, so they sent me to pick you up. I figured you'd be looking for a man in a suit, and I didn't want you to walk right by me. So I made this. Come with me, I'll take you back to the family and make the introductions."


Jo's stomach folded into a knot and all she could say was "My luggage?"

"Don't worry. It's taken care of. Come on now! You nervous?" Jo nodded and they walked through the airport, out to the waiting car. The heat almost knocked her off her feet when they came out of the air-conditioned building. "Hot huh?" Candy laughed again. "You'll get used to it." Comforted by Candy's open and friendly mannors, Jo relaxed in the front seat of the car.


When they arrived at the Littrell's house, Jo and Candy already felt like old friends. Candy pulled up to a gate, said something into a speakerset, and the gate slid open. Jo didn't know what to say, the house was gigantic and the lawns that surrounded it an amazing emerald green. "Wow..."

"Not bad huh?" Candy stopped the car and turned off the engine. "Come on now girl!" They walked up the paved path towards the entrance. The door flew open and a blonde, curlyhaired toddler came running out. After him came his mother laughing and lifted him up into her arms.

"Baylee... Is that the way to greet your new nanny?" She walked over to them with Baylee on her hip. "Hi Candy! And you must be Joanna! It's so nice to finally meet you! I'm Leighanne." She shook Jo's hand.

"It's nice to meet you too. Please call me Jo. And this must be Baylee. He's adorable."

"Thank you. And yes, this is Baylee. Can you say hello to Jo, Bay?"

"'Ello Jo" he giggled.

"Hello Baylee"


"I'll take in your luggage, Jo."

"I'll help you." Jo said, and moved towards the trunk of the car.

They moved all of the bags into her new room, a dream in white, off-white and ivory colours, with a huge bed, a livingroom section with TV, dvd-player and sound system. There was a bathroom too, tiled with sea-ish colours and a huge jacuzzi. The others left her alone to unpack and freshen up, and she threw herself across the bed, thinking to herself "This is going to be good!"