- Text Size +
When Lina came to LA, Jo was at the airport to meet her. When they had got Lina’s luggage, they got in a rented car to go back to the hotel.

“How are you feeling?” Jo asked, keeping an eye on traffic, the other one on her friend.

“I’m mostly ok. The worst part is having to tell him about it.”

“I understand. But you are going to? Have you guys resolved the ticket-issues?”

“Well, I still think it was a crappy gift, but I’m trying not to think about it to much. I’ll blame my outburst on the hormones. So yes, I’m going to tell him. He deserves to know.”

“Yeah, you’ve got that right. And then I don’t have to be this stranger to Alex.”

“Maaan, I totally forgot about you and secrets. I’m sorry. So sorry. Really sorry. I didn’t mean to...”

“Well, apology accepted. I think I’ve seen him alone for like five minutes since I found out. He probably thinks I hate him. You know, if my relationship falls apart, I’m gonna blame it all on you.”

“Nice, girl. Really nice. But I’m sorry. I’ll talk to him if he gives you problems.”

“Yeah, but as long as you tell Nick, it’s ok.”

“And I will. I am going to tell him. Tonight.”

They arrived at the hotel, got Lina’s bags up to the room. Jo had to go take care of Baylee, Brian and Leighanne were going to do an interview together, so Lina made herself comfortable and waited for Nick to get back.


Nick came back to his room an hour later. He saw the bags and understood that Lina had arrived, though he couldn’t see her anywhere.

“Baby? You in here somewhere?” he didn’t get an answer and walked towards the bedroom to see if she was in there. As he got in there he saw Lina on the bed, asleep. He smiled and just stood there for a while looking at her. She looked so cute. He walked to the bed and sat down next to here.

“Lina, honey.” He stroke her face gently, and she slowly opened her eyes and reached her arms out, inviting him into bed.

“Hello.” She smiled, flushed from sleep and her hair a mess.

“I’ve never seen such a beautiful face before.” He smiled back at her and slid under the covers, just held her tight for awhile. “I’ve missed you.”

“I missed you too. Oh, baby, it’s so nice to be next to you again.”

“Ditto.” He laughed softly.

“What time is it?”

“Three. Need to go soon, but we have time for a little fun, if that’s what you’re looking for?”

When she didn’t answer, he looked at her, her head felt heavy on his arm. She was asleep again. He smiled to himself, kissed her gently and lay next to her feeling her breath on his neck.

“So much for my fun...” he muttered to himself, but stayed next to her until he was late for the sound check.


Jo woke Lina up in time for the concert.

“You tell him yet? I’d like to have some sex with my boyfriend tonight.”

“Sorry, but no. I slept when he came home, I slept when he left. I was awake to say hello, though. Kinda tired these days,” she laughed.

Jo sighed deeply, wich cost her more laughter.

“What, you afraid you gonna scream ‘Lina’s having a baby’ as you come?”

Jo gave Lina a look that could kill. “Get your pregnant ass out of bed.”


They went to the concert and it was great, as usual. Jo and Lina were with Leighanne and Kristin backstage as the boys ran on and off stage to change their clothes.

“So you’re awake now?” Nick smiled at her.

“Yup. Can’t sleep through life... Sadly,” she giggled.

He gave her a quick kiss. “Gotta go babe.”

She sighed and watched him as he ran towards the stage. She felt Jo’s arm around her shoulder.

“Tonight babe. You have to call me as soon as you’ve told him.”

“I promise.”


When the show was over they headed back to the hotel. Baylee was running wild on the tour bus; he’d slept through the concert and was all over the place. Lina was dozing in her seat, Nick holding her hand. Brian sat in front of them watching how Jo and Leigh tried to get the boy to stop running, with a smile on his face.

“You actually think that’s funny, man?” Nick asked him.

“Yup. He’s so kicking their asses. That’s my boy...” he giggled to himself as Baylee passed him, with the two women after him.

“I don’t think I could stand that all day every day. Having Baylee around for a couple of hours is perfect, you get the cute sides, but don’t have to deal with the bad ones. I don’t understand how you guys have the energy to deal with a kid, on top of everything else we do. I mean, sure I wanna have kids someday. But a day very, very far from today.”

Lina wasn’t sleepy anymore. She was wide awake and her insides were burning with fear and anger. Without thinking about it she lay her hands across her stomach, to keep the baby inside of her from hearing what his or her daddy was saying, pulling one of them from Nick’s firm grip. Through her almost closed eyes she could tell that he looked over at her, but she pretended to be asleep. Thoughts were running through her head. 'He’s going to leave me. He’s going to leave us. I can’t tell him now. I just can’t. This is horrible. I wish I could just die right now. He’s going to leave me. SHIT!'


When they arrived at the hotel Nick nudged her gently to wake her, and she pretended to wake up. “You sleep well?” He asked, and she nodded, unable to speak.
They went up to their hotel room, Nick hit the shower, and Lina snuck out of the suite to try and find Jo. She knocked on Alex’s door, forgetting that Jo was most unlikely to be there, and he opened.

“Lina? You ok?”

“Yeah, but I need to talk to Jo. She here?”

“No... And she hasn’t been for like a week now. I’ve barely seen her. You know what’s with her? Have I done something wrong?”

“Nope, You’ve done nothing wrong, and neither has she. It’s someone else who’s an idiot. Give her some time, Alex. She loves you, but someone’s put her in a tough spot. Gotta go.” She kissed him on the cheek and ran across the hall to knock on Brian and Leighanne’s door. Alex remained standing in the doorway until she disappeared into their room.


“Anything wrong, Lina?” Brian asked her after letting her in.

“No, just gotta find Jo. I have to talk to her.”

“Sorry, but she’s asleep. Chasing after that son of mine wiped her out. She went straight to bed when we got home. Can I help you in any way? I will if I can, you know.”

“Yeah, I know, thanks. But the only one who can help me is Jo.”

“I’ll go wake her up.”

“Nah, don’t. She deserves her sleep. I’ll just go back to Nick.”

“You sure ‘bout that?”

“Yeah. Good night.”

“Night.”


But Lina didn’t go back to Nick. She spent an hour wandering the floors of the hotel, then found herself downstairs in the bar. She ordered a coke, then sat down at a table, staring blindly in front of her. A hand on her shoulder made her jump out of her thoughts. She turned around and saw Nick standing there, looking worried.

“Anything wrong? I was worried.”

“Nah. Just needed to get away for awhile. I’m sorry.”

“It’s ok. You wanna go up and go to bed?”

“Yeah. I don’t wanna sleep though.”

He smiled. “Sleep wasn’t what I had in mind, dear.”

She smiled back at him. “Good.”

He lifted her out of her chair and carried her out of the bar to the elevator.