- Text Size +
“I don’t wanna go to freaking Canada!” Lina yelled over the phone. Her mood these past couple of weeks had been like a rollercoaster. She just couldn’t control it.

“Calm down would you. I’m not gonna force you to come. God I don’t understand you. One minute you’re all happy and sweet and the next you’re all crazy. ”

“I’m not crazy! Don’t you dare call me crazy.”

“Sorry then... I’ll call you later okay.”

“Whatever...” she hung up the phone before he could say anything else. Just as she did she regretted what she said. "I’m so tired of this, why can’t I behave like a normal person?” She muttered to herself. She went over to the TV and put in her favourite movie in the VCR. Everytime she felt down she watched Sound of music over and over again. Somehow it made her feel better. Just as she sat down on the couch the phone rang. “That better not be Nick,” she said and got to answer it.

“Hello”

“I’ve told Alex...”

“Jo?”

“Yes it’s me, and I told him.”

“You did what!?”

“Sorry... but he thought I was in love with Andy.”

“My god. He won’t tell Nick will he?”

“No he won’t, but he’s not happy about it. You have to tell him soon.”

“I can’t do that... he doesn’t want kids.”

“What? He said that?”

“Yes he said that, so now I have to break up with him and be a single mum.”

“Did he tell you that?”

“No, but I heard him talk to Brian about it.”

“What exactly did he say?”

“He couldn’t stand having kids around him all day, he just wants the cute sides.”

“What a jerk. I’m so sorry. ” Jo heard the familiar songs from Sound of Music playing in the background. “God Lina you’re not watching Sound of Music are you?”

“Yes I am, so what? I like that movie.”

“Yeah I know, I took care of you while you were depressed, remember? You made me watch it like five times a day. Please don’t go back there.”

“I won’t. I’m just gonna get used to the thought of having Nicks baby and not telling him about it. I could be one of those women who gets pregnant with a star and then comes after them ten years later to claim the child support.”

Jo started singing. “Oh, she’s a gold digger...”

“Stop it! You know I hate Kanye West.”

“I know.” Jo laughed. “But seriously, stop watching that movie and talk to Nick.”

“I can’t. I just snapped at him fifteen minutes ago.”

“You hormonal bitch. Talk to him. He deserves to know. Maybe he’ll understand more than you think. Give him some credit.”

“Maybe I should. I gotta go but I’ll talk to you later.”


She didn’t watch Sound of Music one more time that weekend. She lay on the couch for 48 hours straight. Nick tried to call her a couple of times but she didn’t answer. If she was gonna tell him she couldn’t do it over the phone. And if she talked to him without saying anything they would only end up fighting. Everything felt hopeless and she was scared to death.