- Text Size +
Jo had spent a few days in the Littrell's home with Leighanne and Baylee, just getting used to life the Littrell way. She hadn't seen Brian yet, he was out on a promotional mini-tour with the boys, but was expected home any day now. Everything had went surprisingly smooth, Baylee had turned out to be a true darling, and so had Leighanne. They spent hours every day out in the sun, by the pool or playing on the lawn. They had gotten to know eachother, talked about everything except the hard topic of Andy.


Leigh had asked if she had a boyfriend, but Jo had just shook her head, not quite willing to talk about Andy. It still hurt to much, and at night when they'd said goodnight, Jo spent hours listening to music and crying curled up in bed. Their music. Their memories. His proposal played over and over in her head, a worn out picture of the two of them, happy, laughing with eyes for noone else in her hand. A knock on the door woke her up from her thoughts. Who could it be at this hour? She opened and was surprised to find Leighanne outside.

"I'm sorry. Is the music too loud?"

"I heard the music, but it didn't disturb me. Your crying did. Are you ok, Jo? Feeling homesick?"

"Well, both yes and no. Long story."

"I've got all night and a babymonitor. Wanna talk it through? Sometimes that helps. Oh I love this song!"

"Well, I do to." Jo smiled. She had been playing Show Me The Meaning on repeat every night since arriving in Atlanta. The song that reminded the most of the good days with Andy. Leigh sat comfortably snuggled up in the corner of the couch.

"Sit down and tell me now!" She patted on the seat next to her, and Jo sat down and told her the story of her failed relationship with Andy. Leigh was mostly quiet, nodded understanding, and at one point she got off the couch, disappeared for a few minutes, then came back with a bottle of wine and two glasses. They drank the wine, talked about Andy and eventually fell asleep on either side of the couch.


"Hello? Leigh? Baby where are you?"
The male voice echoed through the quiet house and eventually made its way into Jo's sweet sleep. She fumbled for her cell phone to see what time it was. 3.14. Who was in the house in the middle of the night calling for Leigh? It could only be one person. Jo carefully nudged Leigh who was still sound asleep.

"Wake up Leigh! I think your husband's home!"

"What?"

"Brian. I think he's home!"

The male voice called again, closer this time, and Leighanne sat up on the couch, her hair a mess but still very pretty. "I'm in here baby!"

"Leigh, what are you doing in the... Oh, hello!" He'd come to a stop in the doorway staring at the two women that had obviously been asleep on the couch, with Show Me The Meaning still on repeat and an empty bottle of wine on the table. "Girltalk huh? I can tell all the way from here." He smiled and stepped into the room.

Jo got to her feet, her hand stretched out to introduce herself. "Hi, I'm Jo."

"Nice to meet you, Jo. I'm Brian, but you'd probably guessed that already." Big smile. Jo found herself at a loss of words, just looking at his smile. 'Gosh' she thought to herself, 'No wonder I spent so many hours daydreaming about this man. No, get yourself together girl!'

"It's really nice to meet you too."

"So, how are you liking Atlanta, and our place?"

"I love it. It's really nice."

"I'm glad you think so. Now, how about I take my beautiful wife away from your room so you can get some more sleep? Come on, doll!"

Leigh gave him a hug and a kiss, said a quick goodnight to Jo, and closed the door on her way out. Jo stretched out her sore neck and crawled into bed.