- Text Size +
Lina lay on the bed in her hotel room, refusing to go outside. Her mother, and Jo, with some help from her parents, had forced her to go to Stockholm. She was furious with them all and she’d refused to go out for dinner earlier that night.

'Like this is gonna make me talk to Nick,' she thought. 'Why can’t they just accept that I don’t wanna see him?' As she lay there feeling sorry for herself, there was a knock on the door. She froze and her heart started beating like crazy. 'My god, they couldn’t have told Nick that I’m here, could they?' She slowly opened the door, but it wasn’t Nick.

“Brian, hi.” She couldn’t help but feeling a bit disappointed.

“Hi. Good to see you, can I come in? I really need to talk to you.” He walked in and sat down on the couch.

“Sure, but I don’t know what it is you could possible say to make me change my mind about Nick. I guess that’s why you’re here, isn’t it?”

“Well, yes. And I honestly think you two could work this out. He loves you so much.”

“Well he has a funny way of showing it.”

“I know that he’s hopeless when it comes to love. But he loves you. And he’s a mess right now. He’s not the only one who made a mistake. You should have told him about the baby. He would have been there for you.”

“I know... I got scared. But he said some awful things to me. Why didn’t he trust me enough to know that I would never betray him?” she felt the tears filling her eyes again.

“Nick should never have said all those things. He reacts without thinking when he believes that someone close to him has done anything wrong. But please give him a chance to explain it to you.”

She didn’t know what to do. She wanted to see him, but she was afraid that it would only make things worse. She couldn’t see how they could possibly solve this mess.

“I don’t know...”

“Don’t say anything more.” Brian interrupted and handed her a backstage pass to the concert. “Take this. And be there tomorrow if you wanna talk to him. I’ll make sure that he leaves you alone until then.”

“Don’t tell him anything. I don’t want him to get his hopes up.” She took the pass and put it in her pocket. “I’ll think about it, but I’m not making any promises.”

“That’s all I’m asking for. Take care, and hopefully I’ll see you tomorrow.” Brian got up from the couch and walked out. Lina immediately got back into bed to keep moping.


The sun woke Lina the next morning. Someone’d pulled the curtains aside, so it had free access to her face. Groaning she pulled the covers up over her head and turned away. A second later something soft hit her across the head.

“Ouch! What the f...”

“Get up you lazy girl.”

“Jo?”

“Yup. Get up! We’re gonna hang out. Mom and dad are visiting some friends, and noone is around. Boredom is killing me. Save me, and do it now! Let’s get some breakfast.”

”What time is it?”

”Nine.”

Lina looked at Jo with disgust in her eyes. Jo looked alert and fresh, as if she’d been going since early hours. 'She probably has too,' Lina thought, feeling as if she’d like to smother her friend with a pillow.

“You’re insane. And why, on earth, did you send Brian here to talk to me?”

Jo smiled a wicked smile “I’m insane...”

“Yes, you are, and I’m not hanging with you today. I don’t wanna be here.”

“Oh, no, you wanna be at home, in your pj’s sitting on that damn couch with Sound of Music playing. You’d be happy then, huh? But guess what? You’re not at home, because I’m not letting you go over this. I didn’t last time, and fuck me if I do it this time.”

“I’d rather not...” Lina started laughing.

“I hear you. So get your fabulous ass out of bed. I’m hungry!”

”I really, truly hate you.” Lina’s smile widened.

“I hate you too. Let’s go! We’re meeting Sarah and Di in ten minutes.”


”I can’t believe you actually dragged me here. I cannot believe you. You’re such a hypocrite.”

Jo didn’t answer, she just smiled and left Lina sitting in her seat at the venue, next to Sarah and Diana. Jo’s parents were sitting on the row behind them. She could hear Lina’s muttering as she walked down the stairs and got help from one of the security guards to jump the fence. She hurried backstage to talk to Nick and give Alex a good-luck kiss. The venue was filling up. But there were still some time before the show was to start. Jo saw Nick behind one of the speakers and walked over to him. His eyes were full of questions.

“She’s here.”

”Where?”

Jo pointed to where they were sitting. They had really good seats close to the stage. “She’s wearing a green sweater.”

Nick nodded and walked over to the rest of the boys. Jo followed him and gave Alex a kiss before she returned to the others.


As the boys entered the stage, Jo looked at Lina who had a big smile on her face.

“So, not so mad at me after all?”

“I’m gonna kill you for making me sit through that opening act. Now shut up and let me listen.” She focused her attention on the stage and saw Nick. “God, he looks good.” She muttered thinking no one would hear her. By the look on Jo’s face she could tell she was wrong. After a few songs came the part where Nick usually went off the stage and into the audience. He had his eyes set on Lina. With some help from the guards he made his way to her. She didn’t realise what was going on until he stood there, right infront of her. A herd of crazy teeny boppers were swarming around him.

“Please take this.” He handed her a piece of paper and made his way back to the stage. She unfolded the paper and read what he’d scribbled on it.


Baby
I’m sorry.
Please meet me backstage after the show.
(heard something about a backstage pass… =))
Love you!


She barely finished reading it before she felt Jo hitting her in the side with her elbow.

“Give me that.” Jo read the note and passed it on to Sarah. “I told you he loves you.”

“Nice to know I have some privacy...”

“Privacy is so overrated,” Jo said with a malicious grin.


All she could think about the rest of the show was Nick. She barely noticed what songs they were playing.

“So, what are you gonna do?” Jo asked Lina as the lights went on.

“I have absolutely no idea.”