- Text Size +
Lina said goodbye to Sarah and Diana. Jo had already left to say goodbye to her parents.

“Go now. Meet him. Take him back.”

“But don’t make it easy... Gotta let the man beg a bit.” Sarah smiled.

“Yes, I’m going. See you girls as soon as I can. Love you!”

“Aww, sweets. GO! NOW! We’ll talk on the phone. You have to tell us all about this.” Sarah waved as they walked out of the venue.

Lina took a deep breath, then made her way down the stairs to the fence. Poppa K was still standing there, and he grabbed her by the waist and lifted her over the fence.

“Good to see you back with us. It’s not the same without your stupid comments,” he joked, giving her a hug.

“Oh, and I’ve missed to have you around to comment on.” She smiled, and looked over behind the stage. There he was, waiting for her. She made herself walk as if she didn’t care. When she was by his side he smiled, but she was shaking so bad she couldn’t smile back at him. Then he took her hand and dragged her with him into a private room behind the stage.

'I have to say something. I have to break the ice. Ice breaker. Ice breaker,' she thought to herself, then decided to just open her mouth and let whatever came first do the job.

“Really cool to be backstage here in the Globe, considering how many times I’ve sat in the audience wondering about what it’s like back here.”

“Yeah. Dead cool. Stop rambling, I’m as nervous as you.”

“Sorry.”

There was a long silence.

“So, did you ever wonder what it’s like to be in the audience at a Backstreet Boys show?”

He just looked at her.

“Oh, you told me to stop rambling. Sorry.”

He burst out laughing. “You’re just so weird. I’ve missed that. I’ve missed you.” He was serious again.

“I’ve missed you too, even though you’re a jerk.”

“If I’m a jerk, then you’re a...”

“I know what I am to you, you made that clear in Montreal.”

“Ok, let’s stop this. Why don’t we start over? Hi, I’m Nick.” He put his hand out to shake hers, but she just stared at him.

“It’s a little bit late for introductions. You made me pregnant already, remember?”

“Oh, yeah, it’s all coming back to me now...” He looked at her for a second, then grabbed her face and kissed her.

“You just met me and already you’re kissing me?” she asked when he let her go.

“No, I didn’t just meet you, I made you pregnant, remember?”

“Oh, yeah, it’s all coming back to me now.” She broke down laughing. “I love you. Why make this any more complicated than that?”

“You can forgive me?”

“If I couldn’t, I wouldn’t have let you kiss me. I may be pregnant, but my fists are still working.”

He laughed, then kissed her again. “We good then?”

“Yes, we are. And by the way, I’m coming with you.”

“You are?”

“Yup. Someone’s gotta look after your silly ass.” She smiled.

“You’re right. I need to be looked after. Make me some food, woman.” There was a knock on the door, and Nick shouted: “It’s open!”

Brian and Leighanne came in. “You ok in here?”

“Don’t worry, Bri. We’re fine. She’s coming with us. I’ve got some good news, by the way.”

“Yeah?”

“I’m gonna be a daddy.” He smiled.

“God help us all.” Brian laughed. “Congratulations.” He gave his friend a hug, then hugged Lina, as did Leighanne.

“Felt like I should tell you myself. To show how happy I am… I know you all knew, but...”

“We understand.” Brian nodded. “Maybe you should “break the news” to the rest of the boys too?”

Nick looked at Lina, who nodded. “Let’s do it!”


They entered the lounge that was connected to their dressing room, where the boys were hanging out.

“Guys?” Nick said, catching their attention from the video game they were playing.

“Yeah?” Kevin asked.

“Behold my girlfriend’s belly. In there grows baby Lick. You get it? Lina – Nick! God, I’m funny.” He broke down into hysterical laughter on the nearest shoulder, that happened to belong to Kevin, who was on his way to give him a hug. He looked as usual after Nick’s jokes, somewhat tired but understanding, patting his younger friend on the shoulder.

“Were all so happy for you guys. And if you ever need help with this big kid just let me know and I’ll be there.” He joked and gave Lina a big smile and then hugged her.

“Thanks I think I might take you up on that,” she smiled and felt as if she never been happier.

She’d missed them all. And she knew that she and Nick were right for each other. The time they spent apart had made her realise that she had to take a chance once in a while to win. And here she was, taking a chance. Deciding to go with Nick for the tour hadn’t been an easy decision but she felt at ease with it.


“Hey, seriously. Look at that belly. Isn’t it just beautiful?” Nick wrapped his arms around her and put his hands over her belly as to protect the baby inside.

“It’s not even showing yet Nick.” She giggled and leaned her head to kiss him.

“Wait a few more months and you won’t be able to see your feet. It’s horrible” Leighanne sighed, but she smiled and looked at her own stomach. “We could sit together at home being big as a house while these two lovely men fulfill our every wish.”

“Right now I just wanna take my lovely girlfriend to my bus. You two can conspire against us some other day. Tonight she’s mine,” Nick laughed.

He and Lina said goodbye to the others and walked off to the bus. They couldn’t keep there hands off one another and as they came inside the bus they made love. They took there time to explore each other again and Lina thought her heart would burst with happiness. She felt completely safe and loved.


As they lay in each others arms Nick was talking to her belly. “Hey baby. I’m your daddy!”

“I don’t think the baby can hear you yet.” Lina giggled. But she was amused by him. She was so happy that he was reacting so good at becoming a father.

“Of course he or she could hear me. Don’t listen to mummy, she doesn’t know what she’s talking about.”

They lay like that for a while, talking about the baby and their future together until they both fell asleep.