- Text Size +
“Hey, guys! Come on out here.” Nick banged on Brians bus as he talked to Howie on the phone. Kevin heard the noise outside and they all came out of their buses. They were already sleeping so they looked confused as they stood outside waiting to get to know what was going on.

“What? Don’t tell me you and Lina are...” Kevin sighed but got interrupted by Nick.

“No, but I have some really bad news. Alex is at the hospital with Jo right now, she’s been raped, by Andy.”

“What?!” Howie said in chock. They all started mumbling.

“I don’t know when he's coming back.”

Leighanne and Kristin came out to find out what was going on. Nick told them about Jo and they both got really upset.

“I can’t believe he’d do that to her. What kind of sick man is he?” Leigh said in disgust.

Brian put his arms around her to comfort her, as did Kevin with Kristin who was in tears.

“I hate to bring this up but...” Kevin said quietly. “But what about the show in Norway? Is Alex gonna be there?”

“I don’t know, but I can’t imagine Jo wanting him to cancel. But he knows about us leaving tonight and that’s okay with him.” They all just stood there for a while, trying to understand how something that horrible could have happened. They decided to leave for Norway, not waiting for Alex. None of them knew if he was even gonna be there in time for the show. But they decided to deal with that in Norway. Alex needed to be with Jo right now and they didn’t wanna invade on them with questions about work.


Nick said he’d call Lina to find out what was happening and get back to the rest of them when he knew what Alex was going to do. He knew he would have to leave without Lina and he was a bit nervous. He was afraid that all of this would make her change her mind about the tour.

'I can’t believe I’m thinking about that now, I’m so selfish. Jo’s been raped and all I can think about is Lina,' he thought as he walked onto his own bus. But he couldn’t help it. He’d just gotten her back and he was scared to death about the thought of losing her once again.

He flipped his cellphone open to call her and let her know they were leaving. There were a few signals before she answered it with a sad voice.

“Hello.”

“Hi, baby, it’s me. How are you?”

“I...” her voice faded away and he only heard her sobbing.

“Lina honey, please stop crying. God I wish I was there with you.” He felt frustrated and wanted to say to hell to the Norway concert.

“I’m trying,” she whispered. “It’s killing me to see her like this. But I’m gonna be strong for her, she needs me.”

“Baby, I’m calling to let you know that were leaving for Norway. Is Alex coming with us?”

“Yes he is. He’s on his way to his bus right now. Jo wouldn’t let him stay. But I’m staying here with her.”

“I understand that and I wish I could stay here with you, but you’re both coming with us later huh?” he asked nervously.

“Of course we're coming, I’m not letting go of you again.”

“I was so afraid that this would make you change your mind or something.”

“Absolutely not! I love you Nick and I wanna be with you.”

“I love you too. You’re my life you know... you and the baby.”

Despite the horrible feeling inside her for what happened to Jo, she felt her heart beat with happiness. “Just go, and I’ll come to you as soon as Jo is okay. I promise.”

They finished the conversation and Lina went back to Jo’s hospital room. She took a deep breath before she entered. For the first time in their relationship she had to be the strong one. She had to help her friend through this.


Jo’s parents had gone to the police station to find out what was going to happen next. They had caught Andy in the apartment and he’d been taken to the station. Just before she entered the room her phone called again. It was Jo’s parents, letting her know that Jo would have to come to the station the next day to testify. They asked her to talk to Jo about it. She hung up the phone and went in the room. Jo lay on the bed staring out the window.

“Jo, how are you doing?” she sat down on the side of the bed and took Jo’s hand in hers.

“I don’t know... it feels so surreal.”

"I’m here for you whenever you wanna talk you know that right?"

“Thanks. I feel so dirty. How am I ever gonna be able to feel safe again?” Jo’s eyes filled with tears. “Alex must be feeling disgusted by me...”

“Stop that, right now! Alex loves you.” Lina said in a sharp tone. “Don’t you dare blame this on yourself.”

“I know that, but I can’t help to feel otherwise.” Jo started crying and Lina crawled down into her bed to hold her.

“It’s gonna be okay, Jo. I promise. We could watch Sound of Music that always cheers me up.”

Jo couldn’t help to start laughing through her tears.
“I should have seen that one coming. But no thanks I don’t think that would do it for me.”

They joked around for a while over Lina’s obsession with Sound of Music. It helped to keep their minds off the horrible things that happened earlier that evening. Lina didn’t know how to tell Jo about the call from her parents, but she decided it was best to just say it as it was.


“I’ve talked to your parents right before I came here. You need to go to the station tomorrow and testify.” Lina saw how Jo’s body froze and she got a scared look on her face. She didn’t wanna be the one to give her the news about that but she had to.

“I don’t know if I can do that. I don’t think I could stand to see him ever again.”

“I know it will be hard on you, but please you have to do it. He deserves to go to jail for this.” Lina felt the anger bubbling inside of her. She still couldn’t believe that Andy could do something like this.

“Okay I’ll try.” Jo said with a worried look on her face. “You’ll come with me right?”

“Of course I will. I’m not leaving your side.”

“I feel horrible. You should be with Nick. Did you guys solve everything?”

“Yes we did.” Lina couldn’t help to smile when she thought of Nick talking to the baby. “And I’m coming with you for the rest of the tour.”

“I’m so happy for you. I’m sorry about keeping you away from him...”

“Hey, don’t say another word. You’re my best friend. I’m not leaving you. I have all the time in the world to be with Nick. Try to get some sleep now. It’s gonna be a tough day tomorrow.”


Lina sat next to Jo until she fell asleep and then got out to get some coffee. Jo’s parents had retuned from the police station and they came with her for coffee. None of them were leaving the hospital. They got some big chairs and blankets into Jo’s room and they curled up in them to try to get some sleep. They all knew they had to stay strong for Jo and help her through the next day. None of them were willing to let Andy get away, so they had to support Jo, so she could testify and put the bastard in jail where he belonged.