- Text Size +
“My god, Nick help me!” Lina screamed in panic as she tried to hold Jo who was laying on the floor.

Nick came out of their room and picked Jo up from the floor and carried her into their bedroom.

“If you don’t mind I think I’m gonna go over to Alex and see how he’s doing. I have a feeling he’s involved in this.”

“Do that, I’ll stay here with Jo.”

Nick gave her a kiss on the cheek and hurried over to Alex.
Jo slowly woke up and tried to sit.

“Don’t.” Lina said and pushed her back to bed. “What the hell just happen?”

Jo started crying and whispered, “It’s over. We’re over.”

“What do you mean?” Lina had a bad feeling about the situation. She figured she was talking about her and Alex, but she didn’t want it to be true.

“I broke up with Alex. He doesn’t want me now, and I can’t deal with his pain and jealousy towards Andy.”

"What on earth made you think something like that?"

“Don’t Lina. Not now. It’s breaking my heart but I can’t be with him. Not anymore.” She cried desperately as her heart literally was breaking in pieces, and Lina couldn’t do anything else then hold her and let her cry. She sat there for a long time not saying a word. She felt Jo’s sobbing fading away until she fell asleep. Lina put a blanket over her and softly stroked her face. She quietly sneaked out of the bedroom without waking her and walked over to Alex’s room.


“Can I come in?” she said in a low voice as she stood in the doorway.

Nick and Alex were sitting on the floor, not saying a word. Alex had tears running down his face.

“Sure, whatever...” Alex said and continued to stare into nothing.

She sat down next to him and let Nick know she wanted some time alone with Alex. He got up from the floor and leaned towards her face. “I’ll go over to Brian. I’ll wait for you there. God luck, he’s in a bad shape.”

“Thanks, I’ll be there in a while okay?”

“Okay, I know this is important but don’t forget that we have that interview in half an hour. It’s important that we don’t miss it.”

“I won't.” She focused her attention on Alex, who hadn’t said a word during their conversation. Nick left the room and went over to tell Brian about the bad news.


“Alex, look at me,” Lina said and turned his face up to meet hers. “I know you’re hurting right now...”

“You think? She broke up with me Lina... she thinks I’m disgusted by her. How could I ever be that? It’s Andy that disgusts me, not her. Never her.” He started crying, holding on to her so tight she thought her ribs were going to crack, and for the second time that day Lina held someone whose heart was breaking. And there was nothing she could do to ease the pain for them. She sat there for a while holding him, not saying a word. There was nothing in the world she could say to make it better. A soft knock on the door made her linger herself out of Alex’s arms to open. All the guys stood outside with their eyes full of questions.

“How is he?” Kevin asked. “We thought we’d come over and take care of him. You need to go and to that interview with Nick.”

“I know I just wanna go and see how Jo’s doing...”

“Don’t worry.” Brian interrupted. “Leigh and Kristin are in there with her. You go with Nick and we’ll let you know how they're doing when you come back. I know she’s your best friend and this is hard on you, but enjoy this. You’re about to tell the world about your baby! Be happy Lina.” He gave her a big hug. Nick stood next to him and waited for her to come and they walked of to the hotel room where they were going to do the interview.


“I don’t know what to do about this Nick,” Lina said as they walked.

“There’s nothing you can do. Besides be there and listen. Be a friend, that’s all.”

“I know, but they should be together, this is wrong.”

“Listen to me Lina. I’m not happy about this either. But this is something that's between them. And only them. You can’t decide what they should or should not do.”

“I know, but still...”

“Leave this for them to solve. You may not like what they decide. But it’s their lives.” He gave her a kiss and they walked in to the hotel room. Lina decided to leave the problems outside and just enjoy this. They were doing an interview for a magazine about their life together, and they had decided to let the world know about their baby. This should be a happy moment for both of them.


“Hello, my name is Jennifer Grey. I’m so thankful that you’re taking time out of your busy schedule to meet with me.” She shook their hands and told them to sit down. Lina felt a bit nervous. This was something totally new to her. Nick sat comfortably in his chair waiting for the interview to begin. This was just an ordinary day to him. He saw Lina’s nervous face and gave her a smile, then took her hand in his.

“So, Nick. This is your girlfriend?”

“Yes. Since about five months now.”

“Lina, that’s your name right?”

“Yes, Lina Carlson.”

“So, what’s it like to date a pop star?”

“I don’t know, he’s just Nick to me. I guess it was weird in the beginning, having to think about the press and everything. But I’m getting used to it.” She smiled and felt more relaxed.

This wasn’t so bad after all. Jennifer continued with the questioning and both Nick and Lina talked about their relationship.

The reporter thought she was getting the first interview with Nick’s girlfriend, unaware of the bomb they were dropping on her. Ever since the baby news had been spread from someone, they still didn't know who, there had been rumours circulating. But they had all denied it. Now they'd decided it was time to announce it officially.

“So I guess this was pretty much it. I have only one more question.”

Nick and Lina had been expecting the question throughout the whole interview. They looked at each other and smiled. This was it. There were no more lies.

"Are you two having a baby?"

Nick smiled and then answered the question. "Yes we are."