- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Carro's first chapter...
Back home in Sweden Lina was all alone and she was bored. Nothing in her life had been going in the right direction lately. She recently lost her job and her relationships with Dan was so over. She didn’t miss him but she missed the feeling of having someone by her side. 'Ok Lina', she thought, 'come on now and do something with your life. You have to stop sitting around and feeling sorry for yourself. I really wish Jo was here. She would have known what to do. Maybe I could call her. She did give me her number.'


Lina got up from her bed and went to the phone. She picked it up and started dialling the number Jo had given to her last time they talked. Just as she heard the first signal going through she realised that she was actually calling the Littrells. 'My god, what if Brian answers the phone! I can’t talk to him, I love him! Get yourself together now and don’t say anything stupid', she thought while waiting for someone to pick up the phone.


“Hi, this is Joanna.”

“Jo? It’s Lina! How are you? I really need to talk to you, I’m going crazy here.”

“Okay, calm down I can’t hear a word of what you’re saying.”

“Sorry," Lina whispered and smiled to herself. She had a bad habit of talking to fast and saying to much at the same time when she was upset.
“I'll try again, I think Im going crazy here. I lost my job...”

“You what?!" Jo shouted. "Why? When?”

“Last week, they are cutting down their business and since I was the last one in... you know how it works. So now I’m just sitting around doing nothing and missing you.”

“Lina, I really feel sorry for you, I don’t know what to say...”

“You could cheer me up by telling all about your job? How is it? You do know I still hate you?”

“I love this job, Lina. I can’t believe this is happening to me. I’ve just met Brian last night and he is everything we ever imagined."

“Ahhh I don’t want to hear this, I’m so jealous!” Lina screamed. “But I’m also really happy for you, you do know that Jo, don’t you?”

“Of course I know that you silly, so have you heard anything from Andy? Is he okay?”

Lina smiled, she never wanted Jo to break up with Andy and she secretly hoped for them to get back together again. “Yes I’ve talked to him. I met him last night when I was out with the girls. He looked really messed up. I’m sorry but he did. He misses you...”

“Oh Lina, I miss him to, but I had to do this, we weren’t having a good relationship, and it had been bad for a long time. You know that, don’t you?”

“I know Jo, but I still think that you could have made it. But of course I’m not mad at you or something like that. But I do feel sorry for you guys, and I think that you’ll be together again some day.”

“Maybe someday, I don’t know... but now I really have to go. Brian and Leighanne are going away to spend the day together so I’ve have to go and take Baylee now. But I call you soon, I promise!”

“You better call me, I miss having you around, who is going to take care of my problems now? You know I can’t... I’m hopeless" Lina sighed and thinking 'I really am hopeless...'

“No you’re not, give me some time and maybe I'll have some ideas for you” Jo laughed.

“Ok, talk to you later Jo, have a good day, bye!”

“Bye Lina.” Lina hung up the phone and started to walk towards the bedroom. 'I really need to get dressed and do something,' she thought. She put on some clothes and put her hair up in a ponytail. 'Now, this will have to do,' she said to herself while looking in the mirror. She took her jacket and went out the door.