- Text Size +
After Jo had got off the phone with Lina she was worried. She and Leighanne were cleaning up in the kitchen, preparing for another sunny day outside, Leigh with Brian and Jo with Baylee.

"Are you feeling better today? You've been a bit quiet."

"I'm feeling much better, thank you so much for that talk yesterday. It really helped. No, I got a call from a friend back home in Sweden. She's lost her job, and her relationship's a mess, and I'm so worried about her. She's suffered from depressions before, and I don't want that happening again, especially not right now when I'm not home."

"Oh, Jo. I'm so sorry. Who's your friend, and what does she do for a living?"

"It's Lina, I've told you about her, right?"

"That brunette with the beatiuful eyes? There's a picture of her in your room?"

"Yup, that's Lina. She used to work at a home for drug-abusing teens, and she was really good at it too. But now they're cutting down on their staff, and it's the teens that suffer. I'm just so mad!"

"Why don't you call Candy and see if they have any openings? If she would want to come here, that is?" Leigh finished her wiping of the kitchen table and looked at her watch. "Oops, gotta run, we're leaving in half an hour. Have fun today! My number, you know it right?"

"Don't worry Leigh! Go, have fun, enjoy being just the two of you again! And yes, I know the number, and if I don't remember it, i have it programmed into my cell phone, and if I don't have my cell phone, you've written it right next to the phone. It's ok. Leave now, and have a wonderful day!"

Leigh laughed. "You're right. I'll have fun. Bye then!"

"Bye!"


An hour later the house was empty. Jo had gotten into her bikini, and sat out by the pool watching Baylee play in it. She was starting to get a really nice tan from all the time they spent outside. A loud coughing sound drew her attention to the patio door. A man was standing there, wearing jeans and a wifebeater, sunglasses and a trucker-cap. His arms were full of tattoos, and he was smiling, that smile that had made her weak to the knees a million times before, everytime she'd watched a Backstreet Boys video on MTV. It was AJ. The man she used to joke about wanting to marry. Now he was standing there. Smiling at her. Yup. She could have married him right then and there. God, what a gorgeous man. Then Baylee saw him, and ran out of the pool towards him.

"Uncl' Alex! Uncl' Alex!" He ran towards the man, who picked him up into his arms and gave the child a hug. "Do you have presents for me?"

"Of course I do. We'll get them later. Who's this?" He asked with a look at Jo.

"Nanny Jo!"

He walked over to her, Baylee still on his hip.
"Hello, I'm Alex." He smiled, and the english that had felt so natural for the last days just flew out of Jo's head.

"Hej. Ehhh. Hi. I'm Jo, Baylee's nanny"

"Nice to meet you. Not from here? Thoght I heard a "hej"... now what country could that be? Sweden? Norway?" Still smiling.

Jo felt dizzy. 'come on Jo, don't make a fool of yourself.' she thought.

"Good guess. Sweden." She smiled back at him.

"Yey! Bri or Leigh somewhere around?"

"Nope, sorry. They left for a day together a while ago."

"I see. Well... I was sorta hoping that I could stay here for a couple of days. Kinda got thrown out of my own house back home, so..."

"What happened? If you don't mind my asking?"

"I don't." He said, putting Baylee down so that he could get in the pool again. "I got home from a hard couple of weeks on the road, and there is my girlfriend saying that she never wants to see me again. Apparently she was sick of my being away all the time, so she threw me out." He shrugged.

"Yeah, 'cause that'll keep you 'round more." Jo giggled.

He smiled. "Absolutely!"

"You want something to eat? It's almost lunchtime for us."

"That'd be nice."

"Baylee, come out of the pool, it's almost lunchtime."

"Yeah, come here buddy, we'll go see what's inside my suitcase."

"Yey! Presents!"

They went into the house, Jo into the kitchen, and the other two disappeared to wherever AJ had put his suitcase. Jo started preparing the pasta they were going to have for lunch, and chopped some veggies to make a salad. She'd set the table for three when she heard the boys coming.

"Oh, this smells really nice. What is it?"

"Nothing special, just good ol' spaghetti bolognese."

"Yumm!"

"You haven't tasted it yet." she smiled at him.

"Look, Jojo! I got a teddy! And a truck!" Baylee ran up to her, showing her the cute teddy bear and his new truck.

"Those are really nice. Want some lunch?"

"Hungry!"

They ate, talking to each other and listening to Baylees chattering about everything and nothing.'This is what I want. Someone to talk to. Children' Jo thought to herself.