- Text Size +
Nick lay in bed looking at Lina as she was sleeping. 'I can’t believe what happened the other night. She can never find out. I’ll loose her forever,' Nick thought to himself.

“Hey baby,” she said and looked up at him.

“Hey,” he whispered and gave her a soft kiss.

“I’m hungry.” Lina jumped out of bed and put on her robe.

“But it’s only 6AM.”

“I know but the baby needs food... I’ll be right back.” She walked out into the hallway and made her way into the kitchen. When she'd made a sandwich she decided to go outside and get the morning paper. As she picked up the paper she saw the headlines:


"Paris and Nick back at it!!!"


Under it was a huge picture of Paris and Nick kissing. Lina froze as she saw the picture.
'This has to be a mistake,' she tried to convince herself. But she recognized the t-shirt Nick was wearing. She’d bought it for him. Without thinking she ran upstairs and she flung the door open.

“What the hell is this?” She threw the paper on Nick. He looked at the paper and when he saw the headline his face turned pale. “Answer me!”

“Baby, I don’t know what to say...”

“What the hell happened?”

“I ran into her at a bar and...”

“And you kissed her," she interrupted him. “God you’re such a pig.”

“I didn’t kiss her, she kissed me.”

“Yeah you sure look like you’re not kissing her.”

“Please, you have to believe me, I was drunk and before I knew it she kissed me.”

“Whatever, I don’t wanna hear it. I don’t even wanna look at you,” she said and walked out of the room. For a while she just stood in the hallway without knowing what to do. She felt like her heart had been ripped out of her body and she had tears burning in the back of her eyes. Then she saw Jo’s door and went over to knock on it. Without waiting for an answer she stepped inside.

“Jo, wake up.”

“I am awake, and you are just walking in here, god, I’m naked, get out of here!”

“Nick kissed Paris.”

“Alex wake up, get out of here, now. Get dressed first though, we got company.”

“Huh?”

“You heard me, get out.”


Lina broke down into tears and sat down on the couch. Alex got out of bed with only a sheet around him. He grabbed his clothes on his way out but stopped next to Lina and asked her what was going on.

“Nick kissed Paris.”

“Now?”

Jo felt her temper rising. “Of course now, why would she upset about him kissing Paris ages ago?”

“I’ll talk to him.” Alex said and walked out of the door and into Nick’s room.

As Alex left the room Jo sat down next to Lina and held her as she cried.

“I trusted him Jo, how could he do this to me?”

“I don’t know... and I’m so sorry.”

“I don’t wanna see him ever again.”

“Don’t say that, you have to talk to him. You two are so good together”

“What is there to talk about? We’re obviously not that good. He kissed her!”


Alex walked into Nick’s room without knocking.

“What the hell man, why are you screwing this up? Lina is the best thing that ever happened to you and you go out cheating on her with Paris?” he asked and stared at Nick. Nick just sat there with his head in his hands.

“I swear man she kissed me before I had the chance to react. I was drunk, I had a fight with Lina and I got out having some beers that’s all.”

“Doesn’t look like that’s all.”

“God I need to talk to her and make her understand.”

“I don’t think she wanna talk to you. She’s with Jo crying right now.”

“I can’t lose her.”

“I wish I could say that you aren’t but I can’t. You really messed up this time.”


Lina spent the rest of the day in Jo’s room refusing to talk to Nick. All she could think about was the picture of him kissing Paris. 'Why did he do this to me?' she thought. 'I thought we were perfect together.'


She heard a soft knock on the door and she saw Brian standing in the doorway.

“Can I come in?”

“Sure.”

“How are you feeling?”

“I feel like shit...” she said and broke down in tears again. “How could he?”

“I don’t know Lina, all I know is that he loves you and he’s feeling so bad about this. Are you sure you won’t talk to him?”

“I don’t wanna talk to him, okay!?”

“I understand. I just thought I would try. I understand how you’re feeling. To be honest I don’t know what I would do if Leighanne did something like this.” He gave her a hug and slowly left the room.


The following two days felt like two years. All she wanted was to go home with Jo and be alone. She knew Nick was in the same house as her but she kept on refusing to see him and when it was time to leave for Sweden she got in the car without even looking at him.


“Lina wait!” Before she had closed the door Nick came up to her.

“I know you don’t wanna talk to me, but I need you to know that I love you.” He looked at her with tears in his eyes and she almost melted until she saw the picture infront of her again as she looked into his eyes.

“You have a funny way of showing it.”

“I’ll do anything to get you back.”

“Then let me go, I need time Nick. I don’t know if we have a future anymore, I can’t trust you.” Without another word she closed the door and waited for Jo to join her so they could get to the airport.