- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Carro has used the song Don't Walk Away here, but no, it's not our song, so all the credit to Nicky! :)
“Lina you have to talk to him, he’s been calling all day. You two are driving me crazy. Everytime I see you you’re upset,” Linas mum yelled from the kitchen.

“I know I have to talk to him but I don’t know what to say. He kissed another girl mum. And not just any girl, but Paris. How can I ever trust him again?”

“Do you love him?”

“Yes I do but...”

“No buts. If you love him you owe yourself to talk to him and figure this out.”

“Fine then, I’ll talk to him.”

“Good. You’re meeting him tonight, he’s picking you up at eight.” Her mum smiled and continued making lunch.

“Mum! You set me up.” Lina whined. “Everytime I’m home you do this to me.”

“Well someone’s gotta help you two. You are so perfect for each other but somehow you don’t talk. And that’s what’s causing you all these problems.” Lina had no answer to that but she knew her mother was right. They needed to talk to each other more about how they were feeling.


Lina went up to her room after lunch to call Jo and get some advice but there was no answer. 'She’s probably out showing Alex around town,' she thought and decided to take a nap before getting ready. She was nervous about seeing Nick. She loved him so much but she wasn’t sure that she would be able to trust him again.


“Little baby girl, you have no idea what you’re getting yourself into,” she said and smiled as she held her hands on her belly. “But I promise that I will be there for you no matter what.” She lay down on the bed and fell asleep instantly.


“Are you sure this is gonna work?” Nick said and looked at Jo.

“I don’t know but she loves romance and you need to give her a lot of that if you’re gonna win her back.”

“Thank you so much for believing me about Paris. You know I love Lina.”

“I know that, but you two need to start talking more about your feelings and everything, or you're gonna mess this up.”

“I know, and I’m doing this to let her know that. I can’t lose her and the baby, I just can’t.” He looked around and smiled. “This is perfect.”

“Of course it’s perfect, you got some help from my beautiful lady here.” Alex said as he walked in and looked around the romantic setting.


Lina didn’t wake up until seven that evening and panicked.

"Shit, I need to take a shower,” she said to herself and jumped out of bed. Just as she finished her make up she heard Nick’s voice downstairs. Her heart skipped a beat and her stomach was instantly filled with butterflies.

'After this night I’ll know if we have a future together or not. This is it,' she thought and slowly walked downstairs. She had a pair of dark blue jeans on, and a black top that brought out her growing belly. She had her hair out falling down on her back and she had straightened it to make it look perfect.

“Wow, you look wonderful.” Nick whispered as he saw her coming down the stairs.

“Thanks,” she said without looking at him. She didn’t know if she could.

“Well have a nice evening you two,” her mother said and pushed them to the door.

“Thank you Mrs. Carlson for helping me after what I did.”

“Don’t thank me yet, wait and see if it works first,” she said, smiling.

“Bye mum,” Lina said and kissed her on the cheek.

“Bye, have fun.”


They walked out to the car without saying anything. But when they sat in the car Lina couldn’t help but ask where they were going.

“You’ll see.” Nick answered and smiled.

They pulled up to the local hockey arena and stopped right outside.

“Of all places... Why are we here?” she asked with a shake of her head.

“Just wait, will you. God you’re curious.” Nick laughed and got out of the car to open her door. “Now close your eyes Lina.”

“Fine.” She sighed and closed her eyes.

He took her hand and led her in to the arena.
“Now open them.” He whispered in her ear and she slowly did. When she looked around she couldn’t believe what she saw.

The entire arena was full of sparkling lights and flowers. The ice was covered with a dark carpet. On there stood a single table with candles, flowers and champagne.

“Nick, I can’t believe it. It’s beautiful.” She turned around and looked at him with tears in her eyes.

“You like it? There’s more. Look over there,” he said and pointed to the corner of the arena. Over there stood a huge speaker and Nick’s guitar.

“I don’t understand? What are you gonna do?”

“I wanna sing to you. I never did that. I’ve written something for you that I hope will show you how I feel about you and this situation.”

“Nick you don’t have to…”

“But I want to. Sit down over here and listen okay?” He led her over to the table and pulled out a chair. “Just listen and we can talk afterwards.”

Lina didn’t know what to say so she just sat down on the chair and waited for Nick to sing to her. He sat down with the guitar and started playing.


“There's no winners
And there's no losing
All we got is what we are
One mistake and I got you breaking
This time I think I've gone too far
Baby tell me why we don't speak
Open your heart to me, love me tonight”


Lina felt her heart racing inside her and she listened intensly to his lyrics. She didn’t wanna miss a word of it.


“Don't walk away, baby
You gotta hear me say, I'm sorry
You know I'm not afraid
To say that it's me
Don't walk away
I'm sorry, I'm sorry”


As he finished the last 'I’m sorry' she felt tears in her eyes. 'I love him so much,' she thought without taking her eyes away from Nick. All she heard was his lovely voice as he sang to her. All that existed was the two of them.


“Why's it hard to, get inside you
Is it too late to make a start
You know I need you
Because I breathe you
And with every breath I fall apart
Baby tell me what's left of me
If you’re not right next to me
Baby I'd die”


Lina was now crying and when she looked into Nick’s eyes she saw tears in them, but even though he was crying too he never stopped singing. He just continued in a slightly lower voice that was full of emotion.


“Don't walk away, baby
You gotta hear me say, I'm sorry
You know I'm not afraid
To say that it's me
Don't walk away
I'm sorry


There's no reason to cry
When you're drowning yourself
In your tears tonight
Part of me dies
And you know it's not alright, yeah
And you know it's not alright


Don't walk away, baby
You gotta hear me say, I'm sorry
You know I'm not afraid
To say that and stay
Don't walk away, baby
You gotta hear me say
I'm sorry
You know I'm not afraid
To say that it's me
Don't walk away, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.”


He stopped singing and just sat there. There was nothing more he could do now. It was all up to her. He searched her eyes for some response but all he saw was tears.

Lina couldn’t speak, the situation was too emotional. And she couldn’t find the right words to tell him how she felt. She slowly got out of her chair and walked towards him. As she came up to him she kissed him intensly and put her entire soul in that one kiss.

“I’m sorry too, baby,” she whispered as she broke loose. “I don’t ever wanna be apart from you again. We need to do this right this time.”

“I know, Lina you have no idea how happy you’re making me. I thought I’d lost you forever. I’m so sorry for hurting you. I feel like an ass for doing that to you.”

“Don’t talk about it anymore. I want us to start over. I need that. No more secrets. If we’re gonna make it we need to be honest with each other no matter what.”

“I know, and I promise to never do anything to hurt you ever again. I love you Lina.” He stroke her hair away from her face and kissed her.