- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I bet I'll have to explain this... Every christmas in Sweden, they show an hour-long montage of different Disney-movies. It's always the same clips in the came order, and yeah... after awhile you kinda learn the whole thing by heart. But still, everyone has to see it, and it's always the most watched show of the year.
“Nick...” Lina whispered in his ear.

“Mmm...”

“Wake up.”

Nick yawned and tried to pull away to get some more sleep. Lina noticed it and giggled. She knew just what to do. She quietly picked up a pillow and smashed it on his face.

“What the fuck...” Nick jumped around in the bed and looked at her with surprise. “Why do you wanna kill me woman?”

“I don’t wanna kill you.” Laughing she threw herself over him and kissed him. “But it’s Christmas Eve today.”

“Yeah, so what?”

“Hey, you know what I’m talking about. In Sweden we celebrate Christmas today. I told you.”

“Aaahh I forgot. Does that mean I get presents today already?”

“Yup. But only if you’re nice.”

“I’m always nice. Come here.” He grabbed her waist and pulled her face close to his. “I love you Lina,” he whispered and kissed her. When they finally got out of bed and got downstairs everyone was up. Around the table sat Jo’s parents, Brian, Leigh, Alex, Lina’s mother and her sister Lisa.


“Hey sleepyheads,” Jo said and smiled. “Merry Christmas.” She went up to them and gave them a hug.

“Merry Christmas everyone.” Lina said and smiled. “Do you need any help?”

“Of course we do.” Tina said and gave her a smile. “But first I want the boys out of here. We’re gonna do this traditionally and that means no boys allowed. Come on. Out everyone.”

“But I haven’t gotten anything to eat,” Nick whined.

“Lina will bring you something in the livingroom. Now out,” Monica said and waved him off.


The boys all got out from the kitchen and the ladies started to prepare the food. At 2.30pm everything was ready, but before dinner they had to watch Donald Duck.


“Come on Jo.” Lina shouted and ran out to the livingroom. “Time for Donald.”

“I know, I’m coming.” Jo giggled as she went after Lina.
They all gathered in the livingroom and watched the Donald Duck show. Jo and Lina did their usual thing which meant competing in how many of the lines they could remember from last year. Nick and Alex just looked at each other and smiled.

“You’re crazy baby.” Nick whispered into her ear and smiled.

“I know, and you love me for it.” She gave him a kiss and then continued the game with Jo.

When Donald was over Tina led them all into the dining room. The table was filled with food and Lina felt happy. She had her family and friends there and she was with Nick. 'Life just can’t be any better then this,' she thought as she looked around.

“I hope you’ll like it.” Tina said. “Please sit down and eat.”

“I’m sure I’m gonna love it.” Brian said and smiled.

“You love everything that’s called food honey,” Leighanne joked and kissed him on the cheek.

“There’s nothing wrong with liking food.” Nick defended him and grabbed some potatoes. They all sat down and ate. They were all in a good mood and had a great time.
After dinner they sat down in the livingroom again.


“Okay I can’t wait anymore, I need gifts.” Lina said and jumped up from her seat. “Mum please give me gifts now!”

“It’s the same thing every year,” Jo said and laughed. “I guess this means gifts, 'cause when Lina starts to whine like this there’s no use trying to get her to wait any longer.”


“I wanna go first.” Monica said and handed Nick and Lina a huge present. “It’s not much but I wanted you two to have it.”

“I’m sure it’s perfect.” Nick said and started to open the gift. Inside was a beautiful baby crib.

“Mum...” Lina looked up with tears in her eyes. “Isn’t this the crib that great grandpa made for grandma?”

“Yes it is. I thought you two should have it for the baby. You had it when you were a baby too.”

“Thank you so much mum.” Lina got up and gave her mother a hug.

“Thank you Monica. This is so sweet,” Nick said.

“You’re welcome. I’m glad you like it.”


Everyone started handing out presents and Baylee had a great time playing with all the paper. That was more fun then the actual gifts.


Time went by fast and Lina started to feel tired. The only ones left up were Alex and Jo, Brian, Leighanne, Nick and herself.

“I need some sleep,” Lina said and yawned.

“Me too,” Leighanne agreed.

“I’ll come with you,” Nick said and took Lina’s hand. Brian got up to help Leighanne.

“We need to get these mothers-to-be in bed I think. Right Nick?” he said and smiled.

“Guess so.”

“We’ll stay here for a while.” Alex said and kissed Jo. “I want some alone time.”


Lina and Nick went into their bedroom and crawled down into bed.

“I love you Nick.”

“I love you too sweetie. And daddy loves you,” he said as he kissed her belly. He started singing a lullaby and Lina couldn’t help to laugh.

“This girl is gonna love to sing.”

“You think?”

“Absolutely. How could she not with you as a father?”


They lay there for a while talking to each other and the baby until they finally fell asleep. They had an early morning the next day as they were gonna celebrate christmas all over again.