- Text Size +
Lina lay in one of the couches at the Littrells house and she was bored. She was now five months pregnant and it was really starting to show. She felt fat and she didn’t like it at all. Leighanne, who now was eight months pregnant and really big, lay in the couch opposite to Lina.


“I hate being fat.” Lina whined and looked at Leighanne.

“You’re no one to talk, look at me. This is being fat. You just wait.”

“I think I’m fat enough as it is.”

“Well it’s only gonna get worse. I can’t wait to pop this one out of me. My back is killing me.”

“Yeah mine too, and I have four more months to go.”


Jo who ran around the house chasing a playful Baylee heard them whining in the living room and sighed.

“You two need to stop this whining. You are having a baby, be exited.”

“I am,” they both said at the same time.

“But we’re fat,” Lina said and smiled at Leigh. “We can have a fat camp in this room.”

“You two are nuts.” Jo sighed again and prevented Baylee from falling down from the table he had managed to climb onto as no one watched him for a second. “Why don’t you two take a walk for a while, and stop bugging me.”

“Hey we're just laying here,” Lina defended them.

“That’s just it. All you two do is lay on these couches and whine all day. Now get out. And don’t come back for an hour or so.”

“I can’t believe you’re throwing me out of my own house.” Leigh said and pouted her lips. “You’re a mean nanny.”

“No I’m not, it won’t kill you to take a walk. Now go,” Jo smiled and pushed them out into the hallway.


“Come on Lina let’s go.” Leigh said and sighed. They walked outside and Jo sat down for a moment. She loved them both but they were driving her crazy.
The boys were in Australia on tour and Leigh and Lina shouldn’t travel that much when they were pregnant, and someone needed to take care of Baylee, which was Jo’s job, so she couldn’t go either.


“I miss Nick,” Lina said as she and Leighanne walked down the street.

“I know, I miss Brian too. But you just have to get used to it. It’s hard sometimes but you’ll get trough it.”

“I guess so, but I feel lonely. And he’s missing out on seeing the belly grow.”

“Yeah but he gets to know about it though. I can’t believe that he’s actually calling twice a day to check up on you.”

“I know, it’s sweet but a little weird.” Lina giggled. “But it wouldn’t be Nick if it wasn’t weird.”

“Definitely not.” Leighanne agreed and laughed.


After the walk they were both in a better mood and just as they finished there dinner Nick called.

“Lina it’s for you.” Jo said and reached her the phone with a smile. “Guess who?”


“Nick? Hi.”

“How are you doing?”

“I’m fine. Jo made me and Leighanne take a walk today. She’s mean.”

“Well you just tell Jo that I’ll come and kick her butt if she’s mean to you again,” Nick laughed.

“Hey, you’re not taking this seriously.”

“Of course I am sweetie. Now how is the baby? She’s kicking a lot?”

“Sometimes. And growing everyday I think.”

“I miss you Lina.”

“I miss you too.”

“I want to be around and share all this with you.”

“I know, but you won’t be gone forever. Just a week more and then you’re home again.”

“Yup, and as soon as I get home we’re gonna find a house.”

“That sounds great to me.”

“I need to go now but I’ll call you tomorrow. I love you.”

“Love you too.”

She hung up the phone and turned around to the others.
“We’re gonna buy a house when he gets home.”

“That sounds like fun,” Jo said. “You two seem to be happy these days.”

“We are. Everything has been great since we came back from Sweden.”

“I’m glad you two worked everything out,” Leighanne said and smiled.

“Yeah I am too.”


Lina really felt happy and she was more confident then ever that she and Nick belonged together. Everything was just perfect. She felt like nothing could go wrong in her life as long as she was with Nick.

She looked over at Jo and noticed that she looked troubled. “What’s wrong Jo?”

“Oh, nothing. I’m just tired.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah I’m sure.” Jo got up and started to clean up the kitchen. Lina could tell that something bothered her but she didn’t wanna pressure her, she obviously didn’t wanna talk about whatever it was that bothered her.
'If she wanna talk she’s gonna do it when she’s ready I guess,' Lina thought to herself and went upstairs to take a nap.