- Text Size +
“I can’t believe that they are finally on their way home,” Lina said as she, Leighanne and Jo sat in the living room watching TV. It was February 10th and Leighanne were expecting her baby any day now.

“I know, but it’s about time, I need Brian here with me when this one decides to pop out.” Leighanne held her stomach and smiled.

“It’s gonna be great having them home again,” Jo agreed.

They stayed up late unable to sleep as they knew the boys were coming home early the next morning. They finally went upstairs to try to get some sleep and despite the longing for Nick to come home again Lina fell asleep right away.


“Baby, wake up.”

“Mmm... I’m sleeping here,” Lina moaned half asleep. Then she realised that it was Nick sitting on the bed looking at her. She got wide awake and threw herself around him.

“Nick, you’re home. I’ve missed you so much. Look at me, I’m big as a house now, just like I told you.”

“Stop talking baby, you’re rambling. And you look wonderful.” Nick laughed and kissed her before she got the chance to say anything more. He kissed her belly and said hello to the baby before he undressed and crawled down in bed next to her. “I missed having you close to me,” he whispered in her ear and softly kissed her. Without saying anything more they made love and then fell asleep in each other's arms. Lina woke up around 11 the following day and for a while she lay there watching him sleep.

'I love him so much,' she thought and softly kissed him, making him wake up. “Good morning honey.”

“Hey.” He looked up at her and smiled. “I can’t believe I’m finally home again.”

“Well here you are.”

“I know, and I know exactly what to do today.”

“What?”

“We are gonna look for our new home. I’ve been talking to some people while I was away and I have some houses we can look at. If you want to?”

“Of course I want to,” Lina said and jumped up and down with excitement. “When do we leave?”

Nick laughed and got out of bed. “As soon as you want to.”

“Come on then.” She quickly got dressed and headed down to the kitchen for something to eat.

No one else was home. There was a note on the table letting them know Alex and Jo was out and Brian and Leigh were at her parents' house.
They ate some late breakfast and then headed outside to go house hunting. Nick had called the realtor and they could see both of his offered houses in their chosen district today.

“Come on Nick.” Lina almost ran up the drive way to the first house that they were looking at.

“I’m coming. It’s not like the house won’t still be here if I’m not there in five seconds.” He smiled and walked after her up to the house. They came inside and they both instantly felt that this was it. It had a big kitchen, dining room, livingroom, two bedrooms and a big bathroom downstairs. Upstairs there were five bedrooms and two more bathrooms. There was a huge backyard with a pool on the back of the house. There were also a small guest house with two rooms and a bathroom.


“I love this house Nick.”

“I know what you mean. This is it huh?”

“I think so. It feels like home.”

“You want this house Lina?”

“I really want this house. I don’t think I even wanna see the other one.”

“Then we’ll get this house.” He smiled, pulled her close and kissed her. “I guess this means we have a home of our own.”

“I have to tell Jo about this.”

“You do that and I’ll go talk to Mr. Smith about the papers and all that.”

Lina instantly called Jo and she and Alex decided to come over to check it out right away.


“Wow, this house is amazing Lina. I love it.”

“I know, I love it too. I can’t believe this is my home.”

“I’m so happy for you.” Jo smiled and looked around the empty house. Nick and Alex was somewhere in the house discussing which room was most appropriate to make into a play room.

“When do you get to move in?”

“In two weeks, as soon as all the paper work is done.”

“That’s soon.”

“I know. Were going shopping sometime this week. We need furniture. Nick has some from his old house but we want some new things that we're both gonna like.”


The time passed by and before they knew it they had to go on home to Brian and Leighanne. They were all having dinner together to celebrate that the boys were home again. Brian and Leighanne were already home and had started dinner.

“Sorry we’re late.” Jo said and started to help with the preparations.

“We bought a house today,” Lina said and couldn’t help to smile. She was so happy.

“What? That’s great. Where?”

“Just a couple of blocks away from here,” Nick said. “Hope you don’t mind having us around.”

“I’m glad you’re gonna be around.” Brian said and gave them both a hug. “Congratulations, we have to see it some day.”


Lina smiled back at him as he walked out to check up on Baylee, and then turned to Leighanne to see if she needed help with something. But she wasn’t expecting to see Leighanne standing with her hands on her belly breathing heavily.

“Leighanne, what’s wrong?”

“I think I’m having the baby,” she whispered as she concentrated on breathing calmly.

“Brian, get over here now!” Lina yelled and Brian came back into the kitchen.

“What?”

“You need to get your wife to the hospital. She’s in labour. You’re being a dad again tonight.”