- Text Size +
“Can you believe that it’s only about six weeks left until we have our own baby girl?” Lina said as she sat in the Littrells kitchen holding baby Ella. It was the end of February and Lina was expecting her baby at the beginning of April.

“I know, and I can’t wait. You look beautiful with a baby in your arms.” Nick gave her a kiss and sat down at the table with her.

“You know, we haven’t talked about a name yet.” Lina looked up at him. “It’s about time we start discussing it.”

“Well, I definitely think she needs to have the name Lick like a middle name or something.”

“Absolutely not.” Lina laughed. “You’re crazy, why would you want to do something like that to your child?”

“It was only an idea,” he said and tried to look hurt. But he failed and started laughing. “Of course I’m just joking.”

“You never know. But seriously do you have any suggestions?”

“I don’t know really, what about you?”

“Well, I have always loved the name Linnea after my grandmother. And I would really like to give her that name as a middle name.”

“It’s beautiful. Of course we can do that. But we need a name to call her. How about Chloe?”

“I like it, or maybe Hailey, or Kayla.”

“Yeah, I like those. They sound like great names.”

“Yeah, but I don’t wanna decide anything until she’s here. I wanna wait and see what she looks like.”

“That’s fine. I need to leave now for some boring meetings but I’ll be back in a couple of hours.”

“Sure. See you later. Love you.”

“Love you too.”


Lina walked into the living room with Ella and joined Leigh and Jo in the sofa. They were watching TV and Baylee lay in one of the sofas asleep.

“I’m gonna miss being around you all day,” she said and sat down after giving Ella to Leigh.

“We're gonna miss you too. But you live only a few blocks away so I’m sure we’re gonna see each other a lot anyway.” Leigh smiled at her.

“I know. But still. I can’t believe I’m moving in with Nick tomorrow. We’re actually starting a family now.”


The rest of the day went by fast. Lina and Nick were over at their new house making sure everything was going according their plans. A lot of the furniture was already there but they had decided to move in the following day. Everything was a mess right now but they wanted to decorate the house by themselves as soon as everything was there.


Lina woke up early the following day and woke Nick up.
“Baby wake up. We’re moving today.”

“Mmm... later.”

“No, right now. Come on, get up!”

“Fine. Damn, I thought pregnant women liked to sleep.”

“We do, but not the last month. The baby kicks all night and I need to pee like twelve times an hour. I prefer being awake and up.”

“Sorry about that. Are you having a tough time?”

“A little bit. But it’s not long before it’s over now. I feel like a big fat pig but otherwise I’m fine.” She smiled and waddled out into the bathroom.


They all had breakfast together and then it was time for Lina and Nick to say goodbye. They had all their stuff packed and ready to go.

“I’m gonna miss you Jo,” Lina sniffled. Jo laughed and gave her a hug.

“I’m only five minutes away you know.”

“I know.”

“Then don’t cry. I still see you every day.”

“I’m trying...”

“Come here baby.” Nick said and pulled her close. “Don’t cry. You have me you know.”

“I know, but you’re a boy. I can’t talk to you about girl stuff.”

“I can try.”

“No I don’t want to. I want Jo,” Lina said and pouted her lips.

They couldn’t help to laugh when they saw her face.
“Don’t worry Lina, as soon as you have the baby you’re gonna be busy all day.” Leighanne comforted her.

“I guess so. Bye everyone. Thanks a million for letting me stay here...”

"Please, don't mention it. We loved having you around." Leighanne hugged her.

They got in the car that was waiting outside for them and drove off. As they drove up to the house Lina felt a lot better. Her hormones were totally up side down these days and everything and nothing could make her cry like a baby.

“We’re home baby,” Nick said and smiled.

“Yep. Can we start decorating right away?”

“We could, but we need to decide what room we want as our bedroom and where we gonna have the nursery first. Then we can start.”

“That sounds great. The baby has to be close to us.”

“Come on then.” Nick took her hand and they walked inside their new home.