- Text Size +
”Nick!” Lina yelled down the stairs. “Get you’re butt up here, right now.”

“But baby, I’m playing.”

“I don’t care, stop playing those stupid video games and get up here, I need you’re help.”

“Fine, I’m coming.”


Nick came upstairs and pouted his lips trying to make Lina feel sorry for him.

“Don’t bother with that,” Lina said and smiled. “I’m pregnant, I get what I want, not you.”

“Oh really huh? Well just wait, you won’t be pregnant forever.”

“Nope, but then I’m gonna be a wonderful mum and have your baby so you won’t be able to be mean to me then either.” She laughed and put her arms around him. “I love you Carter.”

“I love you too...” He mumbled and kissed her. “So what do you need help with?”

“I don’t know what color to choose.”

“That’s easy. Pink! It’s a girl, pink.” Nick said and looked satisfied.

“I know, but...”

“No buts. Pink it is.” He kissed her and stopped her protesting.


They spent the afternoon decorating the nursery and enjoying each other's company. Nick had some time off before they were gonna start recording the new album and Lina was happy to have him around when the baby was coming.


“How about making a blue room too?” Nick asked and smiled.

“Haha, very funny. I don’t wanna be pregnant again for a long time.” Lina said and waddled away to a chair.

“Come on baby. I like you pregnant. You’re hot.”

“Now you’re just being mean. I know I look like a whale okay!”

“No but you are. You’re beautiful.”

“You’re just trying to score points with me now Carter,” she said and tried to look angry but she couldn’t resist smiling.

He looked at her with love written all over his face. “I don’t have to, because you adore me already,” he answered and grinned at her.

“You’re hopeless.” She sighed and reached for the paint brush to continue the work.


Rrriiinnng!


The phone rang downstairs and Nick ran down to answer it. He came back up and handed her the phone.

“It’s Jo,” he said as he gave her the phone. “Don’t talk all day now...”

Lina just smiled and took the phone.

“Hey girl.”

“Hi Lina. How are you?”

“I’m fine. Fat but fine.”

Jo giggled and continued the conversation. “Alex and I were wondering if maybe we could come by for a while. We have a surprise for you.”

“A surprise huh?” Lina said and raised her eyebrow. “Tell me, what is it?”

“Don’t even try. We’ll come by soon then. Bye,” Jo said and quickly hung up the phone. She knew Lina wouldn’t give up until she found out what it was.

“Alex and Jo will come by in a while,” she said and turned to Nick. “They have a surprise for us they said.”

“Oh, really?”

“Yeah. I wonder what it is.”

“I guess we’ll find out soon.”


Nick grabbed her hand and made her stand up and held her close to him. They softly kissed and Lina felt her heart beat race. He moaned and pulled her closer. After a while they reluctantly parted and Lina gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“You’re to hot for your own good.” Nick mumbled and looked at her. He’s blue eyes were dark from the excitement.

“I’m sorry babe. But the doctor told us to be careful. It’s only a month until the baby comes.”

“I know... I can’t wait until she’s here so I can be with her mummy again.” He laughed and gave her a quick kiss.

“Come on,” she said and took his hand. “We have to make something to eat. I’m starving.”


They went down to the kitchen and had just made a chicken salad when Alex and Jo came into the room.

“Hey guys, wow Lina you look amazing,” Alex said and kissed her on the cheek.

“Thanks, I guess,” she said and smiled. “I feel like a big whale and I have one more month to go.”

“It will go by fast.” Jo smiled at her and gave her a hug. "He's right. You're gorgeous."

“So what’s the surprise?” Lina asked and gave them a curious look.

“Well, we wanted to give you something nice for the baby,” Jo answered. “If you come with us it’s outside in the backyard.”


They all went out and on the lawn were toys and baby stuff all spread out. There were baby blankets and teddy bears and a beautiful rocking chair.


“My god, Jo. You bought an entire toy store.”

“Not really... I just couldn't help getting carried away in there... you like it?”

“Like it? We love it. Right Nick?”

“Of course we do. Thanks man,” he said and gave Alex a hug.

“No problem, it’s a backstreet baby, and a backstreet baby deserves the very best,” he said and laughed as he handed over a small pink baby suit with the words 'Backstreet Baby' written across the back in gold letters. Both Lina and Nick laughed at the outfit.
Suddenly Lina felt a sharp pain in her stomach and bent over.

“Baby what’s wrong?” Nick said and nervously sat down to hold her.

“I don’t know...” she whispered as another cramp came over her.

Jo rushed over and took her hand. “Come on Lina let’s try to get you inside.”


Nick and Alex carried her inside and put her down on the sofa.

“Are you okay honey?” Nick said and held her hand. He looked worried but Lina didn’t notice. She was in to much pain.

She squeezed his hand, and suddenly she heard Jo scream.
“My god Nick. She’s bleeding.”

Nick got up and had panic in his eyes. He reached for the phone but before he got it Alex picked it up. “Sit down with Lina. I'll call for an ambulance.”

“Thanks man. Baby, can you hear me?” he whispered as he held Lina.

“Yeah,” she said in a low voice. The pain was making her numb. She could hear both Jo and Nick around her but she didn’t have the strength to answer them.

“It’s gonna be alright,” Nick said with tears in his eyes. “It’s gonna be okay, I promise...” He looked down at Lina’s face, and his heart was full of fear. 'Am I losing them?' he thought and took a deep breath. 'I can’t lose them.'
"Alex, have you called yet?” he shouted as Alex came back in the room.

“The ambulance is on it's way.” Alex said and went over to hold Jo, who was sitting on the sofa crying. Within a few minutes the ambulance was there and carried Lina away. Nick followed in the ambulance and Alex called the others to let them know what was happening, and then took Jo with him and went to the hospital.