- Text Size +
As the contraction faded away the doctor started shouting out orders to the nurses and one nurse started pulling Lina’s bed out of the room.

“Wait, what’s happening?” Lina asked and reached for Jo’s hand.

“We need to get you in to a delivery room. Your baby has decided to come right now,” the nurse said and smiled. “And don’t worry, were gonna do everything we can to make sure she’ll be okay.”

“Jo, please go and find Nick. I need him.”

But Jo wasn't in the room. She had already turned on her heel and rushed away to get Nick.

Lina felt another contraction coming and tried not to scream. “This is wrong. It shouldn’t happen until next month.”

“Sorry, Lina but you’re baby wants out. But don’t worry. We’ll do everything we can,” the nurse said again and held her hand as they rolled into the delivery room.

“Nick!” Jo shouted in the cafeteria. “Lina is having the baby! They couldn’t stop it. They rolled her into the delivery right now. You need to come NOW!”

Nick jumped out of his chair. “Where is she? Show me.” He rushed down the hall following Jo. Alex was right behind them.


A nurse came to meet them and showed Nick where to change clothes. “My god, it’s really happening... i'm gonna be a dad tonight.”

“Yeah you are, now get in there.” Alex said and smiled. “We’ll be right here waiting. I’ll call the others.”

Nick took a deep breath and then went inside the delivery room.


“Nick...” Lina whispered through the contraction.

“I’m right here baby. Don’t worry. You’re doing a great job.” He stroke her hair and kissed her lightly. “We’re gonna be parents tonight baby.”

“I know,” Lina answered and smiled. “Nick?”

“Yeah?”

“Would you mind if Jo was here too? I really wanna share this with her.”

“Of course not. I can go and get her if you want to?”

“Please!”


Nick went back outside and found both Alex and Jo sitting on the other side of the door.

“Jo?” he said.

“Yeah?”

“Lina wants you to be there with her... if that’s okay with you?”

Jo smiled and jumped out of her chair. “Of course I want to. I hope you don’t mind being out here alone babe?”

“Nope. That’s fine. The others should be here soon.” Jo gave Alex a quick kiss and then followed Nick.


Nick took Jo to change clothes and then went back inside.

“Okay Lina I need you to push,” the doctor said. Nick rushed over to help her by holding her.

“Come on baby, you’re doing great,” he whispered as Lina pushed for all she was worth.

Jo came in and joined them and she took Linas hand and smiled. “Come on. Show them that you’re not afraid of pain anymore...”

“Hah, really funny Jo...”

“What?” Nick asked and look confused.

“A long story,” Jo said and laughed. “Lina will tell you later.”


Another contraction came over Lina and they focused on her.
“I can see the head!” the doctor said. “Come on. Push harder.”

“I’m trying...” Lina whispered and then screamed as she felt as she was splitting in two.

“She’s coming Lina...” Nick said with tears in his eyes.
Suddenly she was out, and started crying.

“Say hello to your baby daughter,” the doctor said and gently put her on Lina’s chest.

“Hi, baby girl,” she said with tears streaming down her face. Nick stood right next to here smiling through his tears.

“My god. It’s our daughter. Hello sweetie.”

Jo smiled and touched the baby’s head. “I’m gonna leave you three alone for a while. But she’s beautiful Lina.”


“Is she okay?” Nick asked the doctor. “The baby, is she okay?”

“You have a healthy baby girl. But she’s a bit underweight right now. So we want to keep her here until she has grown a bit more. But other than that she’s healthy,” the doctor answered.

“Did you hear that, Lina? She’s healthy,” he said and kissed her.

Lina just smiled and looked at her daughter. “She’s perfect.”