- Text Size +
“It feels so good to finally be able to take our baby home,” Lina said and smiled. She looked at the baby and felt her heart pouring over with love.

“I know. But we still haven’t decided on a name,” Nick reminded.

“I have been thinking about it for a while, and you know all those names we have been talking about?”

“Yeah, Kayla and Chloe. I like them both.”

“Me too...”

“Then you decide which one. To me they’re both beautiful. Just like our girl here,” he said and stroked her cheek.

“I like Chloe.”

“Then Chloe it is. Hey Chloe sweetie. Yep. She’s definitely a Chloe.”

Lina laughed as they drove up the driveway. “Finally home.”


Lina carried the baby inside with Nick right behind her.

“She’s sleeping like a rock,” she said and kissed the baby. “I’m gonna put her in her bed. I’ll be right back.” She walked upstairs and put Chloe in her new crib. “I love you Chloe,” she whispered and just stood there for a while watching her sleep.


“Hey.” Nick whispered and entered the room. He wrapped his arms around Lina and for a while they were completely quiet as they both watched Chloe sleeping.

“I love you Lina.” Nick said and kissed her neck. “And I love our daughter. I promise that I will do everything in my power to make you both happy. Forever.”

“I love you too.” Lina said with tears in her eyes. She turned around and gave him a long deep kiss.


Diiing dooong!


“I’ll get that,” Nick said and started walking downstairs.

“Wait, I’ll come with you. I can’t just stand here all day. I won’t get anything done like that.”

They both opened the door and in front of them stood all the guys and Leigh, Jo and Kristin. All of them holding a cake, balloons and presents.


“Welcome home!” Jo said and gave Lina a big hug.

“Hey everyone,” Lina said and smiled. “Come on in. It’s a mess here but come in.”

“Congratulations,” Kristin said in a low voice.

“Thank you,” Lina said and hugged her. “You wanna see her?”

“I’d love to.”

“Come with me then. Nick, I’ll be right back. I’m just gonna show her to Kristin.”

“Sure. I’ll just take care of all these people here then,” he said and laughed.


They walked upstairs and carefully opened the nursery door.

“She’s still sleeping,” Lina whispered and walked up to the crib with Kristin right behind her.

“She’s lovely...” Kristin said and her eyes filled with tears. “Sorry, I just can’t help it.”

“It’s okay.” Lina put her arms around her trying to comfort her.

“Can I hold her?”

“Of course. Just try not to wake her.”

“I’ll try,” Kristin said and carefully picked the baby up. “Have you given her a name yet?”

“Yeah we have. Like five minutes ago,” Lina said and giggled. “This is Chloe Linnea Carter.”

“Linnea is Swedish, right? Chloe Linnea... That’s a beautiful name. Hey Chloe.” Kristin said and softly kissed her on the cheek.

"Yeah, it's my grandmother's name."

"It's beautiful."


There was a soft knock on the door and Jo sneaked into the room. “I got bored downstairs. To much male conversation.”

“Well come in here then. Say hello to Chloe. We finally decided on a name,” Lina said.

“Wow, that’s the perfect name. She really is a Chloe,” Jo said. “Do you mind if I’ll take her?” she asked Kristin.

“Nope, here you go.”

“She really is lovely Lina,” Kristin said and again got tears in her eyes.

“Please don’t cry,” Lina said. “I’m sure you and Kevin will have your own family one day.”

“I hope so. We’re thinking about adoption.”

“That’s great.” Jo said.

The baby started crying so Jo gave her to Lina.

“I think she’s hungry,” Lina said. “I’m gonna feed her, but please go downstairs and get something to eat. I’ll be right there.” She sat down in the rocking chair and started feeding Chloe.

“You look beautiful Lina,” Jo said and smiled. “Just like a mum.”

“I AM a mum, now get out!” Lina said and laughed.


Lina fed Chloe and then rocked her to sleep again before she got downstairs, where everyone had gathered in the living room.

“Hey, you’re back,” Brian said and smiled. “So what’s the beauty’s name? Decided yet?”

“I thought Nick would have told you by now. Chloe.”

“I like it,” Kevin said. Everyone agreed.

“I think Chloe and Ella are gonna be good friends as they grow up,” Leigh said. “At least I hope so,” she continued and smiled.

“Me too,” Lina answered.

“I hope they’ll be just like Brian and me.” Nick laughed.

“Let’s hope not.” Howie interrupted with a laugh.

“I agree with Howie.” Alex said. “Those two drive me crazy. But I think these girls are gonna be just like there mothers. At least I really hope so. For their sake...” Everyone laughed as Nick and Brian tried to defend themselves.

Everyone stayed for a couple of more hours and when they all left Lina and Nick went to bed.


“I guess we're not gonna get much sleep from now on,” Nick said and yawned.

“I guess not. But for now she’s sleeping. I’m guessing she’ll wake up soon again though.”

“Probably. But for now I’m gonna enjoy having you here with me,” he said and softly kissed her. As he deepened the kiss he moaned and caressed her body. Then he reluctantly stopped and gave her another, lighter kiss. “I’m gonna go crazy not being able to be with you for another of couple of weeks,” he sighed.

“I know. But it’s the doctors order,” she said and gave him a soft kiss. A sound on the baby monitor made her let go of him. “I think Chloe is awake.”

Lina went in to change her and feed her again. As she sat there her mind wandered. She started thinking about Jo and how she had been very quiet all night. 'I wonder what‘s going on with Jo. There’s definitely something going on that she’s not telling me.'