- Text Size +
When Lina walked in to the apartment she saw the answering machine blinking.

“Yes”, she said rushing over to the machine. “Please let it be something fun.” She pushed the button and started to listen, the first one was just some annoying guy who wanted to sell her some stupid cleaning things. She instantly deleted the message. When she heard Joanna she stopped moving.

“Lina, it's me. I... I just called to say I miss you. I need you to talk to. Someone's at the door. Gotta go. Love you." Lina looked at the answering machine. 'My god what’s happening, why is she so upset?' The next message started to run and she once again heard Jo,

“Listen, if you want you can come over here, I talked to a new friend of mine and she promised you a job at Carpenter Childcare Agencies, the agency that got me this job. It's just in the reception, but anyways. Call me back, would you. I really want you to come here! Pretty, pretty please. Love you. Bye!”


"She said what?!" Lina yelled. "She actually wants me to come over? This is great news” she said to herself and started to giggle.

“Oh my god, I’m going to America.” She stopped dancing around as the news really hit her. She actually had the chance to leave her small town, Sweden behind her to go to America. 'Where did I put the note with Jo´s number?' She ran around the apartment searching desperately for the number, and when she found it she shouted and ran over to the phone.

“Ok let’s see now” she started dialling the number and once again, she panicked as the signals started. 'Shit, this is Brian’s home number! I can’t talk to the Backstreet Boys. Get a grip, won’t you... stop it you’re not 14 anymore! You are a grown woman,' she yelled at herself.


“Hello” A man answered.

“Hi... this is Lina, a friend of Jo's. She is the new nanny. For Brian and Leighannes baby boy.” She stopped talking when she realised she was just rambling on.

The man in the other end laughed. “Well, since I’m Brian, I think I do know who the new nanny is. I did hire her you know.”

Lina stopped breathing for a few seconds when she realised that she just made a fool of her self to Brian.

“God I’m sorry, I didn’t know...” 'my god, you’re stupid,' she thought.

“Its ok, so you’re the famous Lina that Jo has been taking about?”

"Has she talked about me?" Lina said surprised.

“Yes, she has, from what I’ve heard you seem nice. She says you talk a lot.”

“Well, I guess I do” she smiled and started to realise that maybe it wasn’t so embarrassing talking to Brian at all. He seemed nice.

“I guess you want to talk to Jo?”

“Yes, I would, she said on my answering machine that she had some news for me so… If you could get her for me that would be nice.”

“Wait just a second! Bye Lina, the girl who talks a lot,” he joked.

Lina waited for Brian to get Jo. She still couldn’t believe she had just talked to Brian.


“Hi Lina... Lina, why aren’t you answering?”

“Oh, hi, I'm in shock here okay, I can’t believe I’ve just talked to Brian...”

Jo laughed in the other end. “Well guess what, you just talked to Brian. And you better get used to it. Because if you’re coming over you will live her, at least until you find your own place.”

“Yes, your news, they sound great but why were you so upset? You got me a little freaked out here you know.”

“I know, I’m sorry I just got upset while I was talking to Alex about Andy. I guess I’m not over him…”

“Oh, Jo, I really feel for you… wait, did you just say Alex? Who's Alex?”

“Alex, AJ you know. He’s been here today.”

Lina sat down on the bed. “My god, you’re serious, you have just been sitting around with AJ McLean and you sound like it's nothing.”

“It’s really not that different from talking to other guys you know.”

Lina could tell Jo was smiling thinking she was crazy.

“But back to Andy, I don’t want to talk about him, not now. Please say you’ll come Lina, please! Like I told you, I got you a job.”

Lina smiled as the opportunity of moving came over her again. “Of course I want to come over. But when? I need to get a plane ticket, and I need to tell my mum, and… It’s a lot that has to be taken care of.”

“Just pack your, things, buy a ticket and let your mum know where you’re going. So when are you coming?”

Lina laughed at Jo and her rambling. “You’re not the one who is suppose to ramble, I am. And YES of course I’m coming. I’m ordering a ticket as soon as we get off the phone okay? And I send you an E-mail about when I’m coming, so you can pick me up.”

“That sounds great, I can’t wait. This is going to be so wonderful.”

Both Jo and Lina started to giggle and for a while they talked about all the things they were going to do when Lina got there. “Jo, I really need to go now. I have a lot to take care of now. But I’m coming as soon as I can”

“Okay, can’t wait for you to get here.”

They hung up, and Lina looked at herself in the mirror. “So you’re getting your adventure at last.” She looked at her reflection. She had long dark brown hair and big brown eyes that got black when she was upset about something. Right now they were glowing. She was short only 1.65m but she had a good figure. At least she was happy with it. A small waist and breast that matched the rest of the body form. Her legs were long considering her height. She knew that guys thought she was beautiful. She had a heart shaped face and her nose was small. She had a well shaped mouth with full lips. Some would say she had the mouth of Angelina Jolie. If there were something she didn’t like it was her lips. She thought they didn’t match the rest of her face. Others would say they made her look sexy, she had the good girl look but the lips made her interesting just because of the fact that they didn’t really match the rest of her face.


“I need to get a hair cut” she said to her reflection. “But not too much” she smiled when she thought about all the times she had cut her hair and she always thought it got to short. She had been saving out her hair for a long time now and she was proud of it. It made her look older she thought.


'Now, stop staring at yourself,' she said, as she walked away from the mirror, and picked up the phone to call and order a plane ticket. When she got off the phone she wrote down all the facts she had to send to Jo.


She then called her mother who got excited for her. She talked to her almost an hour and when she got off the phone she almost felt sad. She would miss her mother. She was the only parent she had. Her father had died when she was six. Since then it had been just her, her mother and her little sister.


She went to the computer and started writing the e-mail to Jo. She was excited and wanted to leave as soon as possible. She stopped writing for a second, the news hadn’t really become real to her, and she couldn’t believe all this was happening. Just last night she dreamed about starting over, and now she had just been offered that. A new chance, a new life. She smiled and continued writing her letter to Jo.


Hi Jo.
I’ve already booked a ticket. I’m coming in two days. Thursday, and my flight comes in 3.45.pm at the Atlanta Airport.
I can’t wait to see you again. Thank you so much for this! I can’t believe I’m actually going to meet the Backstreet boys! =)
When I come I want to hear everything about this Andy thing okay?
I hate when you’re upset!
Love you!
Lina


She pressed send on the computer and leaned back in her seat. 'This is really happening,' she thought. 'I’m leaving Sweden for new adventures.'