- Text Size +

Chapter 16

Nick cried as he looked down at the coffin.

The priest prayed over it. Elena stood wearing a long black dress holding Scarlet. He was holding Tatiana's hand. All of their friends were there for him. Brian stood next to Nick and put his arm around him as he cried. Everyone quieted down as Elena got ready to talk.

"I'm sorry that Nick or I won't ever get a chance to hold our baby boy James. I know that he should be here right now, but God needed an angel to help him in heaven. I understand God's choices and am just happy that he let me survive after that accident I had 5 years ago and that I have Tatiana and Scarlet. Now to show God my praise and the love I have for my baby, I have chosen this song to be played. I chose it for the perfect ending. I chose it from one of the Touched by an Angel series. It's called 'Testify the Love.'"

Elena walked over to the player and hit play. Soon, the beautiful song began to play...

All the colors of the rainbow, all the voices of the wind.
Every dream that reaches out, that reaches out to find where love began.
Every word of every story, every star in every sky, every corner of creation, lives to testify.
For as long as I shall live, I will the love, be a witness in the silence say words are not enough.
With every breath I take, we'll give thanks to God above for as long as I shall live, I will testify the love.
From the mountains to the valley, from the rivers to the sea, every hand that reaches out, every hand that reaches out to offer peace.
Every simple act of mercy, every step to kingdom come, all the hope in every heart, will speak what love has done, for as long as I shall live, I will testify the love be a witness in the silence says words are not enough.
With every breath I take, we'll give thanks to God above. For as long as I shall live, I will testify, I will testify the love...
For as long as I shall, live I will testify the love.
Be a witness in the silence says words are not enough.
With every breath I take, I take; we'll give to thanks to God.
Testify the love.

Elena turned her head up to the heavens as everyone began to sing. She cried and sang along with everyone. She looked at Nick and hugged him. After that, all the people began to leave. Nick took her hand and led her away. Elena gave one final glance back as the song played again and her sons coffin was slowly being put into the ground. The clouds parted and the sun shone down.

She looked at Nick and knew, that no matter what happened, everything was going to be ok. She was looking forward to the life a head of her. She and Nick were going to make it and they were going to make it together.

Elena was very happy with her life and couldn't ask for more.