- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
please review!
CHAPTER FIVE

The next day, Nick lay in his bed staring up at the ceiling of his hotel room. He felt like crying. This month had passed by way too fast. He and the rest of the guys would be leaving later on that evening back to America. He wasn't sure if he would see Elana ever again. He had told her that he loved her, and her him, but it was just too hard. She lived here in Russia and he in America.

They had agreed to write to each other but he didn't think that they could stay together. It was too hard. He sighed. He was waiting for her to come over so they could say good-bye. He shifted, trying as hard as he could to hold back the tears that he felt pricking at the back of his eyes. He couldn't let her see him like this. He had to be strong for the both of them. Then a moment later, there was a soft knock at the door. He got up, swallowed and walked over to the door. He swung it open and came face to face with his beloved.

"Hi," she greeted him with a small soft voice. She was also trying as hard as she could not to cry. She took a deep breath and entered his room behind him and shut the door. "So," she started, her voice cracking, "um, I guess this is
good-bye..."

Neither of them could hold back anymore. They both began to cry. He took her into his arms and lay back with her. "Elana, I'm so sorry," he told her, his tears streaming down his face. "I love you and I wish with all of my heart that I didn't have to go back home to America. I love you! I want to stay here!"

Elana shook her head and sniffled. "No Nick. That wouldn't be
right. America is your home. All of your family and friends are there." She kissed him. "I better be going Nick. I don't want you to be late and miss your plane."

He sighed and stood up with her. He wrapped her into one last hug and gave her one last kiss. Then he took off the ring from his finger and placed it on her finger. "Never forget me ok?" he begged her.

"I promise Nick, I will never forget you." She held onto him for a moment longer then she pulled back and walked out the door.

Elana leaned against the door and tried to regain her breath. This was it. Nick was going and she would never see him again. She began to walk down the hall, tears flowing freely down her face. She made no effort to wipe them away.

Nick leaned against the door. He struggled to breath the right way. He never expected to fall in love but he had. There had been no stopping it. And now he was going back to America and he would never see her again. He tried to wipe his tears away but more kept coming. He got up and walked over to grab his bags, looked around one last time and made his way to find the guys and leave.