- Text Size +

Chapter 7

Nick was busy working on his new song for their new album when there was a knock on the door. "Come in!" he called out.

The door swung open and in walked Brian with Kevin. "Hey bro. Whatcha doing?" Kevin asked with a smile.

"Nothing really, just trying to work on a new song here." Nick answered him not looking up from his guitar. He strung a few notes, the shook his head not happy with the way they wounded.

"Well they guys and I were wondering if you would like to come out with us..." Brian said studding his expression.

"Huh?" Nick grumbled blankly. "Oh, yeah, sure. Give me 15." He hit a few more notes then wrote something down.

Brian smiled at Kevin. They agreed and left the room.

15 minutes later all of the guys headed over to Nicks room. Howie pounded on the door.

"Are you ready?" Howie yelled.

Nick opened the door and sighed. "I guess." He closed his door behind him and followed them to his car.

"I'll drive." Brian said taking the keys from Nick.

"Whatever." he shrugged. Nick began to daydream about Elena.

After about 20 minutes the car finally stopped. "Well here we are!" AJ chirped as they all jumped out of the car.

Nick looked at the building and sighed.

"Well let's get on with it." He began to walk into the building when he saw the sign. He whipped around to face the guys.

"YOU BROUGHT ME TO A ROCK'N'ROLL GYMNASTICS COMPITITION?!!!!!!!!!" He yelled.

"Oh is that what it is?" Brian asked innocently as he dragged Nick into the building.

Nick tried to protest but it was no use against Brian and the other guys. He finally stopped struggling and just went along with it even though his heart felt heavy. He sat down in the front with the others and slouched in his seat with his arms crossed.

Soon the competition began. The first one up for the woman's side was Dominique Moceanu performing to Ricky Martin. He tried to sit back and relax but he couldn't because on the other side of the floor were the gymnasts and he couldn't see if Elena was there because of the lighting. He glanced around trying to see if there was anything that would show him if Elena was there, but there was nothing.

Soon Dominique finished and the first competitors for the men’s side came on. For the Men’s side were the twins Morgan and Paul Hamm. After they finished on came Shannon Miller. Nick tried to settle down. Maybe Elena wasn't here at all. The announcer went through a few more names. Nick shrugged. Oh well I guess she isn't here.

But as soon as he began to relax, the announcer announced the next gymnast. Nick almost didn't hear her name. But from the look Kevin gave him, Nick knew the announcer had announced Elena Produnova.

Nicks eyes fell on the floor. There she was, dressed in a black out fit. They said she was performing to Zoro. He recognized her routine as her Olympic routine. She was just as great as always. But this time she looked different. Now she had blond hair. He wondered what else was different.

She finished her routine, waved to the crowd and ran off the floor. Nicks heart beat so fast; it felt like it was going to pound its way right out of his chest. Quietly, he snuck his way over to where the gymnasts were. He saw Svetlana and Aleksei sitting with Elena. He made his way over to her. She looked up and saw him coming. Her eyes grew wide and showed pure shock. Her small hand flew to her mouth.

Aleksei gazed at her concerned. He put his hand on her shoulder the looked up. That was when he saw Nick. He jumped up and ran over to him and gave him a hug.

"Nick, it's great to see you again!" Aleksei gushed.

"Yeah man. It's great to see you too," Nick said, happy that Aleksei hadn't changed at all. He was just as fun loving as he always had been and his smile was just as bright.

"So I take it you want to see Elena?" Aleksei asked with a smile.

Nick blushed. "Yeah actually I do. That is if I am allowed."

"Don't worry," Aleksei told him. He grabbed his arm and led him over.

Elena played with her now short blond hair. Nick couldn't take his eyes off of her as he walked the few feet to her.

"Elena." He said when he got to her.

"Nick," she responded.

They looked at each other for a few long moments before Nick reached out and pulled her into his arms.

"Oh Elena, it has been too long." He breathed into her hair.

"Nick?"

"Yes?" He looked down at her, unable to believe that she was with him again.

"Is is it possible that after all this time that, um, maybe you can still love me?"

He looked down into her eyes.

"It is more than possible, Elena, for ever since I left, I have never stopped loving you. Not even for one single moment."

She cast a bright smile up at him and he brought his lips down to hers for a welcome back kiss. They didn't want to pull away, but she had to because it was time for her to get ready for the second part of the competition.

She changed into some black pants and a white jersey that said on the back Produnova 10. Her song was the woman’s version of "Who Let the Dogs Out".

(Authors note: the reason I changed her hair color and later on you will see the few other changes is because this chapter was kinda based on the actual rock'n'roll competition a few months after the Olympics. Elena had cut her hair dyed it blond and went through a few other changes while in America. some facts I have used here were from the actual competition)

After the competition was over, Elena came out with Svetlana and Aleksei and walked over to Nick who was waiting for her with the rest of the guys.

"LET'S GO CLUBBING!" A.J. shouted.

They all laughed at him, agreed, and made their way out.