- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it's been so long. I lost my muse when Kevin announced he was leaving. All hope for me was lost, then suddenly, my muse slapped me on the face and this came flying outta my fingers. WOOO!! Yeah me! Anyway, I hope you like it! Chapter 5 is already written too, so that one won't be far behind. Please review so I know I still have a reader or two out there. THANKS!

Jenn
Chapter 4

Why do people celebrate a two month anniversary? That was the question on Sara’s mind as Brian guided his car down the busy streets. Wasn’t that something that High Schoolers celebrated. Then her thought’s went to why it would be Brian wanting to celebrate it and not her, suddenly she let out a laugh.

“What’s so funny over there?” Brian asked as he looked over at her with a grin.

Sara licked her lips trying to calm her laughs, “I just suddenly realized that you seem to be the girl in this relationship.”

Brian’s jaw dropped a little, “Excuse me…what?”

This only caused Sara to laugh out a little more, “I’m beginning to think that you’re more girly than I am. I mean, WHO celebrates a freakin two month anniversary.”

Brian pasted a fake frown on his face, “Maybe someone who just loves anniversaries…is that so wrong??”

Sara’s face dropped a little thinking that maybe she had actually hurt his feelings, but as she glanced at his face she could see the corner of his mouth beginning to twitch into a smile. “You are a BAD liar.” She leaned over between the seats and gave him a light kiss on the cheek. “And maybe I love you for your girly side.”

“I do NOT have a girly side.” Brian practically whined, he made a funny face as he turned his head to the side a little at hearing the sound of his voice, “Maybe I do…”

The rest of the ride was spent with Sara guessing where Brian was taking her, then when she saw the building in front of her she let out a happy gasp, “Where we first met!” She nearly squealed as she grabbed his hand once he put the car in park.

“I figured it would be a good idea, and I think I remember you really liking the Strawberry Daiquiri’s they served here.” Brian said while raising an eyebrow.

Sara licked her lips as she smiled, “I don’t think it’s just here…I’m just a sucker for Strawberry anything”

Soon the two had finished their dinners and were just getting their deserts. The evening had been going wonderfully and the two couldn’t have seemed happier.

“I’m so happy I met you.” Sara said as she kissed Brian on the lips.

“Me too, actually I guess I have to thank Kevin for bumping into your sister that night.” Brian leaned over and dug his fork into Sara’s ice cream.

“HEY, that’s mine…you have your own!” Sara said with a laugh as she pulled her dish away from his reach.

Brian pouted, “But yours looks sooooo much better.”

“Then order another…this one is mine.” She stuck her tongue out at him.

“Gimme..” Brian quickly reached over and grasped her shoulders and pulled her lightly towards him. “Give it up.”

The sound of Sara’s dish overturning and breaking on the table filled the room as she suddenly gasped out. She shook her head trying to shake away what she felt coming, but it was too late. She saw the room spinning as she struggled to get in a breath.

Brian’s eyes went wide, this hadn’t been the first time, but he still freaked out every time it happened, “Sara, come on. Take a deep breath.”

When Brian’s words reached her ears all she heard was garbles. Then suddenly words began to come in clear to her…

“That’s right, just give it up bitch!” The voice echoed in her head.

“No…NO!” Sara cried out both in her mind and out loud.

By this time a crowd had formed near the booth that the two had been occupying. Brian had laid her down across the seat as he tried to get her to snap out of it. “Fight it Sara, please.” Brian nearly found himself crying out.

“Sir is she ok? Should I call for an ambulance?” The manager asked as he too now approached the table.

Brian bit his lip as he looked up, he wasn’t too sure if he should or not. She had done this before, but usually she had snapped out of it by now. “Just give us a few more minutes, if she’s still out of it…then you can call for help.”

“Go ahead, call for help all you want. It’s not gonna help you.” The evil laugh that followed caused Sara to shiver.

“Please, please don’t do this.” Tears flowed freely down her face.

“Goodbye Sweet Sara…”

BANG!

Sara quickly sat up screaming, wide eyed and shaking as Brian quickly pulled her into his grasp. “Shh…Shhh. Calm down, I have you, you’re safe.” Brian soothed as he rubbed her back.

Sara let out a choked sob as she slowly looked around seeing all the worried faces staring at her. “G…Get me out…of here.” She whispered into his ear as she grasped tightly to him.

Brian quickly reached into his back pocket throwing more then enough money onto the table as he helped Sara up. “Can you walk?”

Sara let out a shaky nod as she leaned heavily against him as they made they’re way out of the restaurant.

***

Jenn quickly came to the door as she heard the frantic knock and Sara’s cries coming from the other side of the door. Whipping it open she came face to face with a very scared looking Brian and a sobbing Sara.

“What happened??!” Jenn nearly yelled as she helped Brian bring Sara inside.

Brian helped to lay Sara down before he answered Jenn, “We were just eating…then…then she just dropped. She didn’t do anything but cry on the way home either. I…I thought you’d know what to do.” He bit his lip as he looked down and watched as Jenn tried to soothe her sister.

After a few moments Jenn finally stood up next to Brian, “I think you should go now.” She was gesturing towards the door.

Brian hesitated, “Is she gonna be ok?”

Jenn sighed, “She will be…fine. I’ve got her now, you just go home.”

“Can I at least say goodbye to her?” Brian asked as he was pushed towards the door.

“No, you just need to leave, now.” Jenn said as she continued to push him towards the door.

“But, I…I don’t understand. I wanna stay.”

Jenn stopped her pushing once they reached the door. “You will never understand Brian, in fact, you should just forget all about her and just leave for good.”

Brian blinked at that statement, “No, why…why would I wanna do something like that?”

Jenn crossed her arms blocking him from seeing Sara, “Because Brian, you have no idea what this is all about, and you don’t need to.”

Brian frowned at her as he tried to figure out what was going on, “I’m not going to leave her Jenn.”

A sob coming from Sara broke through their conversation. Jenn quickly turned back to her in worry. “Fine, stay for now…but sit over there or something.” Jenn pointed to a nearby chair and went back over to her sister. She had hoped seeing Sara like this would’ve scared him away, but she had been wrong.

Sara’s hand quickly reached for Jenn’s once she was next to her again. “He…he was going to…going to…”

“Shhh…honey its ok…its ok…he didn’t…remember.” Jenn soothed as she brushed Sara’s hair away from her face with her free hand.

“I…I don’t wanna die…I don’t….”

“You’re not gonna die, its ok now. I need you to calm down for me, please. You’re upsetting Brian.” She shot Brian a look when he made a noise to argue.

Brian just sadly watched as one sister tried to calm the other, wondering what in the world had happened to cause Sara to be like this.

***

It was nearly a month later, all of Jenn’s efforts to keep Sara away from Brian failed, and all of her efforts to keep Kevin away had also failed. As much as she had enjoyed that one night with Kevin in the apartment, she quickly realized she just wasn’t ready for all of this. She hated pushing him away, but she didn’t have any other choice. Now she was stuck going out on another double date, and as much as she wanted to hate it, she didn‘t.

Kevin scooted a bit closer to her in the booth, “Glad you made it again.” He smiled.

Jenn shifted, “Um yeah. You know, nothing better to do.”

“Well, I’ll make sure you have a good time.”

Jenn actually smiled back, as much as she wanted to hate him, something was always drawing her closer to him. He had this sweetness to him that she had never seen in a man of his stature before. God she wanted to kiss him again.

She shook the idea out of her head. Why would a man like him actually want to kiss her? Sure they’re first kiss was wonderful, but they had been drinking. How sad that to get a kiss the guy had to be drunk to do it. She almost laughed out loud to herself, yeah that wouldn’t have made her look insane.

“Are you alright?” Kevin suddenly asked causing her to jump a bit.

“Oh, yeah…sorry. Guess I just got lost in thought for a moment.” She shrugged.

Kevin put his arm around her, “Thinking about anything I should know about?” He winked.

Jenn actually blushed, “Umm, no. Just silly stuff.” She laughed a bit then went back to her dinner. She kept the conversation minimal as the night wore on. All too quickly they were arriving back at the girls apartment.

“I had a great time tonight Jenn.” Kevin said as he walked her up to her apartment.

“Yeah, me too I guess.”

Kevin raised an eyebrow, “You guess?”

Jenn shifted a bit, “I mean, yeah, I did too. Sorry, I’ve never been good at this kinda thing.”

“That’s ok. I just wanted to be sure you enjoyed yourself.” He smiled and stopped with her at her door putting his hands around her waist.

Jenn swallowed a bit, “Well I did, thank you for a great night.” When she smiled she suddenly felt him leaning in to kiss her. She started to panic but held it in then quickly pulled him closer for just a hug.

Kevin was a bit taken back by the action but just went along with it. Maybe she just wasn’t ready for the goodnight kiss. But they had kissed before, so why was it such an issue now. He held back a sigh, he hated taking steps backwards in a relationship.

And as they parted ways, and Sara and Brian were pulled apart, everyone said goodbye one last time before the girls went in.

“You looked like you had a good time Jenn.” Sara said to her as she headed to the bathroom to remove her makeup.

“Yeah, I did. As much as I hate it, I think I’m starting to like him.”

Sara let out a gasp, “You’re shittin me! That’s great! Soon you two will be all over each other.”

“Oh no no, none of that now. Not everyone are rabbits like you and Brain are.” Jenn went to her room and started to get changed.

“The world would only be so lucky,” Sara let out a big laugh.

Jenn just rolled her eyes, “You two are just too much, but I’m happy for you. You deserve to be happy.”

Sara poked her head out of the bathroom, “Did I just hear you saying that you approved of us being together?”

“Yeah, so what if I did, maybe I had too much to drink.” Jenn had changed into her PJ’s and headed into the bathroom with Sara to wash her makeup off too.

“I’m so happy to see you not being all…all…”

“Are you sure you wanna finish that sentence??” Jenn asked as she finished getting her face washed off.

Sara just turned to her and smiled, “I’m just happy to see you happy.” She hugged Jenn for a moment then let go, “Keep it up, ok?”

“We’ll see what happens, I…I kinda like this being happy thing.” Jenn laughed as she headed to her bedroom. “You get to sleep, I’m sure we have something to do tomorrow.”

“Yeah yeah yeah…” Sara said as she climbed into her bed. “Goodnight.”

Jenn crawled into her bed wrapping the covers tight, “Goodnight.” Turning off her light she closed her eyes and went to sleep.

Everything was getting better. Too bad things didn’t always stay that way.