- Text Size +
I walked after Aaron down the stairs to walk him to the door as Dad stopped me gave me an "I'll take it from here, you can go back now" kinda look.

I went back to my room to try to paint the last wall, all the while wondering why he'd wanted to walk Aaron to the door. I almost jumped as I heard a knock at the door. I looked over to see my dad standing there, leaning on the doorway.

"Thats wet paint, Dad." I told him. He stood up and saw white paint on his arm, but didn't bother trying to wipe it off.

"This is an old shirt." he replied, walking over and looking at the wall from the middle of the room. "Are you alright, honey? I thought I heard screaming and crying before."

"I'm fine, Dad, is that why you wanted to walk Aaron to the door?"

"I wanted to make sure he wasn't hurting you like J-"

"No, Dad." the only thing that could completely kill the happiness I was holding back would be to hear his name out loud. Again. "Actually, it was quite the opposite."

"You didn't-"

"No, Dad, nothing like that..." I said. I couldn't help but laugh. How could he even think that?

"Shes in love, Steve." my mom said from next to us, having walked in unnoticed.

"How can you tell?" he asked, confused.

"Its painted on her face." my mom said, beaming at me. Wow, she really did like Aaron more than J- the other guy who shall remain nameless for now. She wanted to kill me when she found out about him.

It was fine that they liked Aaron, but I didn't want them all over my love life, which was basically non-existent at the moment...

"Well honey, while we're talking about it.." Mom began.

"Before you say anything else, I just-" I started.

"We know you're a smart girl. We just want you to be careful, honey." Mom said. Why do parents always say that??

"I will be. Can we please change the subject?" I asked with a sigh.

"Why? Do you have anything to hide?" Dad quizzed.

My mouth dropped open, and I almost dropped the paint brush, too! "What could I possibly have to hide, Dad??"

"If you and Aaron just had been painting, you would be done by now." He stated.

"True..." Mom chimed.

"We were joking around! Nothing happened. Dad, I'd tell you if something happened that you would wanna know about." I exclaimed. What the hell was going on today? Was Mercury in retrograde or something?

"Well I hope so, you are always gonna be my baby girl." Dad smiled and looked like he was thinking back....

"Okay, well, it's late, and I wanna get some sleep..." I told them.
"Goodnight," Mom said after Dad said his goodnight and went downstairs.

"Goodnight, Mom." I said as I waved to her while she slowly walked out the door. I looked around my room. My not-completely-painted room. So much for sleeping in a bed tonight.

~The Next Morning~

My body was a bit stiff after a not-so-good night's sleep on the floor. I decided to finish painting right after breakfast. If I get done with the painting quickly, the paint will dry sooner, and I can get my bed sooner.

I found Mom and Dad sitting at the kitchen table when I went downstairs to make myself some cereal, jumping up as soon as I heard a knock at the door. "I'll get it!" I called from halfway down the hall. I jumped into Aaron's arms and hugged him as soon as I opened the door to find him standing there. "Hey!" I said as I hugged him. He kissed my cheek lightly. "Did my Dad say anything to you other than 'Goodnight, Aaron' last night when he walked you to the door?"

"You could put it that way, yes..." Aaron said, not looking me in the eyes.

"What did he say??" I asked demandingly. What was Dad's issue?? Doesn't he trust me??

"He asked me what happened upstairs, I told him nothing, he nodded and said 'Lets keep it that way, son' and patted me on the back before saying goodnight and closing the door."

I couldn't believe it! I gripped his hand tightly as we walked into the kitchen. I was pulled back a bit as Aaron stopped before we made it to the kitchen door.

"Are you okay?" he asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, why?"

"After last night, I was worried about you." I rubbed his hand with mine.

"Don't." I kissed him on the cheek. "I'm fine." I sighed. "I just can't believe my dad said that to you!"

He laughed. "Its alright, dads have said worse to me. And if he really had that big of an issue with us hanging out he wouldn't have let me back in your house."

Something he said made me stand up completely straight. "Aaron?"

"Yeah?" he asked.

"Are we still just 'hanging out'?" I asked. I wanted us to be more, but we'd only known each other for three days! Was that too soon? I didn't want it to be too soon.

"Would you rather we weren't?" he frowned. Did he take what I said the wrong way?

"I mean," I said, pulling him further back into the living room in the hopes that my parents weren't already listening, "I'd rather we were more."

His answer was simply to pull me close to him and press his lips to mine. I smiled as I pulled my face away from his, jumping when I heard a small laugh.

"I told you she was in love, Steve." My mother said, leaning on the wall, my father standing behind her. How much did they see? I tightened up as my dad walked over to us.

"You did, Sharon..." he said, turing his stern gaze to Aaron. Before Dad could say something that I might kill him for...

"Aaron, let's go upstaris, we got one last wall to paint..." I pulled him behind me out of the living room and up the stairs. I heard Mom's giggling from down stairs. "I'm really sorry about that!!" I said upstairs when I knew Dad and Mom could hear us.

He laughed as he re-opened a half-used paint can and poured a bit of paint into one of the trays. "Its okay, at least he didn't throw me out of your house."

I nodded, knowing he as right. I picked up a paintbrush and began helping him paint again. "You know, my mom must really like you."

"Like me?" he gave me a concerned look.

I giggled. "Not like that! I mean, she doesn't treat you the way she treated... you-know-who."

He looked a me for a moment, about to ask who "you-know-who" was supposed to be until he remembered. Then he smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

"Don't worry," he murmured against my cheek, "I won't let Lord Voldemort get you."

"Aaron!" I squealed playfully.

The rest of the morning seemed to fly past with such swiftness that I figured that it almost surpassed the fastness of light years.

"I can't believe we're done painting." Aaron sighed, walking over me with a fake limp one this leg with his hand over his heart. His heart, I smiled.

"You make it sound like we've been painting forever," I giggled, throwing my arms wide open.

"It has been forever, my love. But now we can be together!" he winked, jumping into my arms. I stumbled back against the thankfully dry door, trying to stable ourselves. Another deja vu. We ended up sprawled on the floor.

"What do you say we ditch your room and go find some lunch?" Aaron asked, hovering over me with a grin on his face.

I felt warm inside, and it wasn't because of the small space between us. Score on a date with a dreamy guy!

"Amy?"

"Yeah," I smiled, leaning up and kissing him lightly on the lips, "I'd love too."

"Great, then we should just get -"

"What's going on here?" a voice thundered from the doorway.

Oh crap.