- Text Size +
"Just a friend?" Gina asked suspiciously. "Not many friends give each other hickeys. Unless they're more than friends." Thank God, she finished her own sentence.

"Yeah, does he have a name?" Julie added.


"It's not important." I said.

"Yes it is!" Julie argued. "You wouldn't put up this much of a fight if he was really just a friend."

Again I paused. I'm busted. Then I realized something: Julie and Gina really were nice to me before anyone even mentioned Aaron. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad to tell them. Then again, could I trust them not to tell? Oh man. Headache. Setting in.

"What's wrong?" Julie asked, frowning.

"Aaron," I mumbled incoherently.

"What?" Gina asked.

"Repeat that?" Julie requested no more than a second later.

"I said, 'Aaron.'" I repeated.

"Aaron?" Gina asked.

"Aaron's the neighbor who gave me the hickey."

"Aaron who?" Julie asked very curiously, with a big, knowing smile.

"Carter. Aaron Carter." I stated.

"Isn't that the guy Mel asked you about before?" Gina asked, and I nodded.

"Please don't go crazy and tell everyone you know... especially people at school, 'cause I don't want people being nice to me just because I'm with Aaron." I pleaded.

"Like Mel?" Julie asked. "I know you told me to give her a chance, and I will, but I don't think she would have given you the time of day if she didn't think you could introduce her to him."

"We don't care how famous he is, so you won't have to worry about us freaking out on you." Gina smiled. And I did all that worrying...

"You guys still have to swear you won't say anything. To anyone."

"Of course!" they said unamimously. Here we go with that again.

"What's he like?" Julie asked.

"Well... He's cute, funny, nice, honest, thoughtful..." I trailed off.

"Hmm... Sounds like a perfect guy!" Gina said in near-disbelief.

"Is there anyting bad about him at all?" Julie added.

"Yeah... But I think... I'm worried we might be moving too fast..." I mumbled.

"If hes going too fast for you, you should tell him." Gina advised. I nodded. But were we really going too fast? Maybe it was just love at first sight...

"It's not...going too fast. He wont rush me into anything I dont want to do, I just know it." I said uncertainly, biting my lip as I stared down at my new found friends matching purple toenail polish.

"Are you sure?" Julie ventured.

"Yeah..." I trailed off. Julie frowned and looked at Gina.

"If you're sure..." Gina said. "So, what math problem are you stuck on?"

I was thankful she decided to change the subject. "This one." I said, poking the math book with my finger.

"And that one too," I pointed to #24, "And that one..and the one on the right...um, basically the whole thing." I admitted sheepishly.

They shot me identical sympathetic looks. It scared me how alike they were.

"You didnt learn this stuff yet, huh?" Julie asked.

"Or were you just not paying attention?" Gina provided.

"Both," I laughed, triggering a chain reaction and making them laugh too.

~Later~

We'd been joking and laughing for almost two hours before my cellphone rang. Aaron. I picked it up flipped it open, looking at Gina and Julie, who sat in silence as they tried to listen in.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey!" Aaron said on the other end of the line. "Whats up?"

"Hey, Aaron," I replied as I continued to look at Julie and Gina, who seemed so intent on listening in. "Nothing, really."

The girls giggled incessantly when realization hit them.

"Doesnt sound like nothin." Aaron suggested. I imagined him smirking right now and almost dashed to my window to look across the street and check.

"Just hanging with the girls."

"The girls, huh?" Aaron asked playfully. "Can I watch?"

"Aaron!"

"What? I was kidding." He assured.

"Better be." I responded.

"So that means I'm not allowed to come over?" I could imagine him pouting at this very minute.

"I'd have to ask them if its okay."

"So ask." I put my hand over the phone and looked back at Julie and Gina.

"Do you guys mind if he comes over?" I asked. They looked at each other for a moment before looking back at me and nodding eagerly. I took my hand away from the mouthpiece. "Sure, come on over."

"I'll be right there!" he exclaimed. "Bye!"

I laughed as he hung up before I had the chance to say bye.

"Do we look okay?" Julie asked as she and Gina ran off to look into the new full length mirror that my parents had just bought me. So silver and shiny too.

"Not that we want to steal your boyfriend," Gina assured me as she ran her hand repeatedly through her gleaming hair.

"Dont worry, I know," I laughed.

DING DONG!

"I'll get it!" I shouted down the stairs before my parents even had a chance to tell him to go home. I wasn't sure if they'd like it if Aaron came over more than once each day, no matter how much they adored him. Supposedly.

We ran down the stairs and I pulled open the door. He stood there and smiled, still in the same baggy blue jeans and black t-shirt he was in before.

"Hey!" I said, jumping into his arms. I almost forgot we were being watched until Gina cleared her throat.

"Oh yeah, Aaron, this is Gino - I mean, Gina," I smiled, pointing out Gina. She smiled back. "And this is Julie," I introduced. Her eyes were wide with fascination. Okay. I had no idea Aaron was that fascinating.

"Nice to meet you..." he said, shaking hands with them.

"You too..." Julie said. She snapped out of that quick.

"So ladies," Aaron said in a low voice, shoving his hands in his pockets. "What shall we do first?" Did I detect a gleam in his eye? Naughty boy.

"Well, they were just finished helping me with my homework." I reported. "Why don't we go upstairs?" Aaron, Julie, and Gina nodded and we all headed upstairs: Gina and Julie first, me behind them, and Aaron behind me. Gee, I wonder why he offered to go up last? Then I felt a small slap on my butt. "Hey," I smiled at Aaron, who still had that malicious glint in his eye. "What was that for?"

"Oh nothing," Aaron said coyly.

My smile turned into a bit of a smirk and I continued up the stairs and walked into the room, where I saw Gina and Julie looking out at the beach from my balcony.

"You've got an amazing view!" Julie praised once she saw Aaron and I enter the room, Aaron's hand resting on my lower back. "But I'm guessing Aaron's got a better view!" she giggled.

"Mmhmm..." he trailed off. He blinked and shook his head, apparently realizing what he'd just said. "Oh, uh, I mean-"

"Save it, loverboy. That said it all." Gina said, laughing.

"No, foreals," Aaron laughed, his cheeks turning an adorable shade of red. "I was thinking of...buns. I mean, barbeques, cause I'm gonna have one and I was thinking of inviting y'all."

Quick save, but not fast enough.

Julie and Gina tried to contain their laughter as they nodded at me when I looked back at them. "Sure... why not?" I replied, giggling.

"Then we can have steaming hot, and incredibly sexy -"Aaron continued on in a delusioned, daydreamed voice. He probably doesnt even realized what he was saying, I thought amusedly.

"Hamburgers," I filled in for him.

"Hmm..." Julie said, "I don't think I've ever seen a 'sexy' hamburger before." Aaron's cheeks turned that same shade of red they were moments before.

"Hey, it sounds good to me!" Gina exclaimed.

"You know," I said smoothly, running my hair teasingly over Aaron's t-shirt adorned shoulder blades. "I wouldn't mind a sexy hamburger."

I looked at the girls and at Aaron's priceless face and burst into giggles. Seeing Gina and Julie's red faces added to the fire. No doubt my face was red from laughter too.

But not as red as Aaron's was, and he wasn't laughing.

"Uh, I better go help Nick get ready." he said, hugging my tightly for a moment. "I'll see you girls at 6?" he asked. We nodded as he backed away towards the door for the second time today, and once again hit the wall: this time on the other side of the door.

"I gotta do something about that door. It keeps moving..." I joked, making Aaron blush even more, if that was possible.

"I'll see you girls later..." he quickly walked out the door and down the stairs. Once he was safely out of earshot, we giggled so hard our faces were as red as his.

"He is just too cute!" Julie proclaimed, falling back on my bed.

"I know, Girlll, you are so lucky to have him!" Gina told me, going to sit at a wooden chair by my windowsill.

"I know..So what do you think," I asked suddenly, dropping the facetious act, just for the moment, "Do you think I should call him my boyfriend?"

They both nodded. "Girl, hes head over heels." Julie said.

"And so are you." Gina added. I smiled as I plopped down on the bed next to Julie.

"What are we gonna wear?" I asked.

"You, my friend," Gina said, getting up from the chair and walking to my closet, "Have got to wear something killer."

As she was rummaging around in my closet, Julie walked over to my drawer where I kept all my panties and suits.

"Forget that," she said, "Let's bring out the bathing suits!"

"Killer, not slutty," I laughed.

Triple laughter again.

"Hey guys," I called to attention after the fit subsided, "Do you think I should call Mel and ask her to come? I dont think Aaron would mind."

"I would." Julie said. I gave her a warning look, but she still continued. "Come on, Amy, how do we know shes not gonna try and steal him away from you?"

"Thats why we're gonna help her find an outfit to bring him to his knees." Gina said, looking back at me from the closet after hanging up a shirt she'd been looking at. "Its up to you, Amy, but I'd wait til next time. Make sure you know what shes up to."

"I dont know..." I wondered if she would really do anything to jepordize the party...or my relationship with Aaron. "I made it pretty clear that I wasn't going to be her friend if she just wanted to use me to get to Aaron."

They gave me a skeptical look.

"And you beleive her?" Julie asked.

"Well when you put it like that..." I sighed. "You're right, Gina, maybe I should wait until I know what her intentions are."

"Of course I'm right," Gina said, "I'm me!" And with that, along came the third wave of triple laughter. Hat trick!