- Text Size +
~An Hour Later~

"Are you sure I look okay?" I asked nervously as I smoothed down the front of my slinky black frock. The 2 and a half inch heels made me nervous as hell, and the caffeine from the soda I'd drank earlier with the girls didnt help either.

"Amazing." Julie said.

I smiled as I knocked on the front door. Nick opened the door and looked us over.

"Nick, we meet again." I said.

"Yeah, and you're not colliding with me this time." He joked. "AARON!" he yelled back into the house, stepping aside to let us in. Aaron came in from the back door and stopped dead in his tracks as he saw me.

"Who are you?" he asked teasingly.

I playfully hit him in the arm.

"Way outta your league." Nick commented, prompting a glare from Aaron.

Aaron stared at me for a moment as I stood in front of him. I cleared my throat, and he looked back up at my eyes. "Come- Come on, everyone's in the backyard."

He and Nick led us to the backyard, where everyone indeed was. At least, it seemed like there were a lot of people there.

"Whoa!" I exclaimed surprisedly. "You must be very popular!" I let my gaze flow to all the expensively clad hipsters in their late teens and mid twenties. There was even a blonde girl wearing what I expected what was Vera Wang...at a barbeque!

"Baby," Aaron whispered into my ear, obviously forgetting all the added guests in the vicinity, including my friends, and kissed my ear sensually. "I'm a popstar."

"Aaron!" I smirked, playfully giving his bottom a small smack.

"Okay fine. They're mostly my brother's friends."

Just then, a guy about Aaron's height came over, his light-brown hair spiked up as he tugged on his gray t-shirt.

"Okay," he said, looking at Aaron, "Who is she," he motioned at me, "And please tell me shes not taken."

"I wish I could, man," Aaron replied as he put his arm around me, which I gently held, "But I'd be lying to you. Tony, this is Amy. Amy, this is Tony. Hes one of my best friends."

"Nice to meet you, Tony. These are my friends Julie and Gina." I said, pulling Julie up beside me by the arm. She, in turn, pulled Gina by the arm. He turned his gaze to Julie and looked her up and down, seemingly focused on her tight red tank top. No surprise what he was looking at. Or for...

"My, my... Today might be my lucky day after all..." Tony trailed off.

"Maybe..." Julie responded.

I just hope Gina and Julie don't do something stupid... I quickly let that thought esacpe my mind and smiled as I watched Tony attempt to flirt with Julie. Something told me she wasn't gonna let him fool her for a second.

"You're not 16, are you?" Tony asked in what he probably thought was a mature voice, "Cause you look old enough for me."

What a cheesy choice of words. I looked at Aaron and tried to stop the burst of laughter that was soon coming.

"Dude, we're only 18." Aaron stated.

"And we're all 17." I told Tony once I got my laughter under control.

"And youre very cheesy," I said, poking a finger at Tony's buffed chest. He blushed, his pink cheeks clashing weirdly with his light hair.

"Cheezy? Thanks..." he said, pretending to be insulted.

I lightly punched him on the arm under Aaron's watchful gaze. "Okay, fine. Deliciously cheesy, like, Cheetos or something."

He smiled at me flirtingly and Aaron must have noticed. "Okay, Mr. Deliciously Cheezy," he laughed, "You have a new pickup line, go try and use it." As he saw Tony look at Julie and begin to speak, he added "Somewhere else, dude. We'll see you later." Tony gave him a nod.

"'Kay, dude. See you ladies later." Tony gave a wink at Julie and Gina, who merely smiled back before he turned around and set his sights on a lovely blonde whos most prominent features sat on her chest. Her most expensive ones too, I bet. I'm sure Tony would find out for all of us later.

When Tony was finally out of sight, "So, do you ladies want something to eat or drink?" Aaron looked at us all.

"Sure." We said almost at the same time.

"Is fruit punch alright?" he asked. The three of us nodded. "Okay then, punch it is." Aaron said and walked over to the cooler.

After Aaron walked away, I turned to Julie and Gina. "What do you guys think of him?"

"Aaron? Or Tony?" Gina asked, sounding a bit disgusted as she mentioned Tony's name.

"I know what you think of Aaron, you told me that..." I said. "Julie, Tony seemed to like you."

"You think so?" She said, "I didn't believe him for a second."

"Me either." Gina added. "He seemed like the type of guy I'd like to-"

"Punch?" Aaron asked, holding two glasses in each hand.

"Yeah. Sure." Gina said, taking a glass and smiling at me and Julie as she took a sip, making us giggle.

"Sorry about Tony, hes harmless, though." Aaron explained.

"Hes more of a pain in the ass than any kinda threat." Nick added, standing near the grill while one of his friends flipped burgers.

"So, wanna dance?" Aaron asked me, putting down his glass on the table next to his brother.

"Sure!" I answered. Aaron happily took my glass and put it down next to his, then led me down the stairs of his deck and into a crowd of already dancing people.

As we danced closely to a slow song, I glanced over at the house. I saw Tony, once again, talking to Julie. Gina seemed annoyed, and her hands were balled up in fists. Nick happened to look back at us, and I gave him a warning look and nodded at Tony. He apparently got the hint and walked over to Tony, talking to him as they walked away.

"You alright?" Aaron asked.

I nodded as the music began to pick up a bit more. Thank God, something you can actually move to. Aaron kept doing silly dance moves and making me laugh. Another slow song came on, and an anxious feeling seemed to be swelling in the pit of my stomach as we danced closer than we had before.

"Uh, can I use your bathroom?" I asked Aaron.

"I don't know, can you?" he joked. I laughed and hit him in the arm lightly. "Of course. Just promise me you'll hurry back."

"I promise." I kissed him on the cheek and made my way back to his house.

"Hey!" Julie said as I walked by.

"Hey..." I said, turning around.

"Nick got rid of Tony for us." Gina reported.

"I know. I saw." I answered.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it just got kinda intense over there for a sec."

"Go back! He's waiting for you!" Julie urged. I looked over and saw him watching me, smiling. How could I just leave him over there like that? Just then, I saw a girl walk over to him, trying to get him to dance with her. I held my breath as he talked to her for a sec, but was relieved when he walked away. Why was I so worried? Oh yeah, because he was walking over here.

"I thought you hadda go to the bathroom." he said.

"I forgot to ask where it was." He led me down the hall, and stopped outside of one of the door.

"Its right here." he kissed me on the cheek. "I'll see you outside." he said before walking away. I smiled as I watched him walk away before going into the bathroom. Damn. Now I really need a cooldown.

I waited to he had walked outside again before I walked down the hall and in to the living room. What was that? I heard a sound coming from upstairs, so I decided to go upstairs and see where it was coming from. Aaron had mentioned taking care of his baby brother, Kanden, to me before, but I couldn't imagine he'd leave the baby all by himself.

I heard a male voice calming the baby down as I got closer to what I assumed was Kanden's room.