- Text Size +
"Tell me, or I swear I wont kiss you for a week!"

"They want me back for at least two more albums," he said with a huge grin.

"OH MY G-D!!!" I yelled practically jumping into his arms.

...Which I would have done, but my arm still hurt and I still had tubes in it. "Thats great, baby!" I exclaimed.

"That's all I get? A 'that's great baby'? I thought I was more important than that!" Aaron joked playfully.

"You got an 'Oh my God', too, ya know..." I pointed out.

"I think we should 'celebrate' when you get better," he said with a wink.

"Just make sure you give us a heads up, so we can get the hell out of the house," Nick teased.

"Don't worry, Nick," I said, "We can't anyway. I'll be on antibiotics for a while to clear up the gonhorrea." If Jack values his life, not to mention his limbs, he'll stay away from all of us. Now I want a piece of the ass-kicking action.

"Right," Nick said, the smile wiping from his face, "Sorry, Amy."

I kept smiling, even though I still kinda felt like crying. "Its okay."

"Its okay, but you guys can all go home and do whatever you need to do, cause I've got a date with a check up from the doctor." I tried to keep my voice optimistic, but I couldn't help but envy how they were all able to walk around and do stuff, and not be tied down to a hospital bed.

"You sure?" Aaron asked. I nodded. He kissed me on the cheek, and he, Nick, and Angel waved goodbye as they filed out of the room.

"Mom, Dad, you guys don't have to stay here all day, either." I assured them, noticing that they were staring at me with glassy expressions. "I mean, I don't all of us to starve cause we don't have any money cause nobody goes to work anymore."

My dad grinned feebly. Good ol' dad.

My mother came forward and sat in one of the chairs beside the bed, crossing her legs as she looked at me.

Oh crap. I recognize that look. The Talk is coming.

"Honey. Let's talk about Aaron."

"Do we have to?" I asked sheepishly.

"Yes, Amy," Mom answered, "I don't want you getting hurt like this again."

"Aaron wouldn't do that!"

"I know you think so now, honey, but-"

"Amy, we just don't want to see you end up in a complicated situation like you did with Jack. We don't want to see you being pressured to do something you don't want to do yet." Dad explained.

"I know this already," I said, pausing to calm myself down, "And I trust Aaron, more than I ever could have trusted Jack. He wouldn't hurt me the way Jack has, and he doesn't seem like hes gonna be rushing me into anything I don't wanna do anytime soon." I sighed. "Listen, I'm 17. I know whats right and whats wrong. I'll be careful, okay?"

My parents nodded, and my mom kissed my forehead before getting up from the chair. Dad leaned over and kissed my forehead, too. "We'll be back later." Dad reported. I gave him a nod and he and mom said goodbye and left.

My head fell back onto the pillow, the soft and glorious pillow. Finally, peace and quiet! And at least my mom hadn't given me the... sex talk. I shuddered just thinking about it.

Hearing that conversation once in my lifetime is enough for me. I yawned as my eyelids felt heavy again and I drifted off into blissful, glorious sleep...




"Time to rise and shine, honey!" a cheerful voice called out after what seemed like just minutes of sublime sleep. The sounds of curtains scratching against the top railing reached my ears, and I stupidly opened my eyes. Bad choice. Instant blindness.

"Agh!" I exclaimed, putting my hand to my eyes.

"Sorry," the light-haired nurse said, "Let me fix that for you." She pulled the blinds on the window shut. "Better?"

"Much. Thanks."

"The doctor's waiting outside to check up on you, I'll send him in."

"Okay." I replied.

The doctor walked in and he had a smile on his face. "Good morning Amy," he said holding out a hand to shake.

"Good morning, Doctor." I repiled, shaking his hand.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Not bad," I said. "My head hurts a bit, but I can't complain."

"That's good," he said. "Well I have some good news. You're all set to go home anytime your ready."

"Really!?" I said excitedly. "That's great!"

"Just make sure you get a parent to sign you out at the front desk," he took out a pen and notepad and began to scribble something down. "This is your prescription for the antibiotic you need," he tore off a piece of small, blue paper and handed it to me, I couldn't make heads or tails of what it said. "Take two tablets a day for six days, after breakfast and before bed. Just make sure that you don't take it on an empty stomach."

He shook my hand again and walked out the door.

As soon as he left, I reached for the phone and called my Dad.

"Hello?" my dad answered.

"Hey dad!" I said in a happier voice than usual.

"Hey sweetie, how are you?"

"I'm good, I just talked to the doctor and he said I could go home today!"

"That's great!" he said. "Do you need me to come pick you up?"

"Yeah, you need to sign me out, then we need to go get my perscription filled."

"Okay, I'll be there in ten minutes," he said. "Love you, honey. Bye."

"Bye Daddy," I said, then hung up.

I was about to call Aaron, but decided I'd surprise him instead.

~Forty-five minutes later~

I couldn't believe how long it takes to fill a prescription! But, we were finally on the way home, and I couldn't wait to surprise Aaron. We finally reached our block, and as we pulled up to our house I tried to see if Aaron was home.

My smile grew larger as I saw his car in the driveway. I almostm opened the door before the car even stopped, but not wanting to go back to the hospital, I waited til Dad's keys were out of the ignition before running across the street and knocking on Aaron's door.

"JUST A MINUTE!" Aaron called. Then, the sound of a lock unlocking, and finally the doorknob turning. "AMY!" He screamed, hugging me so tightly he lifted me off the ground.

"They let me go this morning..." I said.

"Look whos back." I heard someone say. Looking up, I saw Nick standing in the living room, leaning on the doorway.

"Hey, Nick." I replied. He walked over and gave me a one-armed hug.

"Amy! You're back!" Angel exclaimed from the top of the stairs, running down to give me a hug. Geez, this family hugs as much as they smirk.

"We would have come to get you, why didn't you call?" Aaron asked, coming from behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I needed a parent to sign me out." I explained. "Besides, I wanted to surprise you." I turned back and kissed him on the cheek.

"I love my surprise." he whispered in my ear, making me giggle.

"Okay, lovebirds, save it til next week." Nick said, sounding damn near paternal.

"Well, for at least six days. Thats how long I'm on the antibiotics." I corrected.

"Six days!!" Aaron exclaimed, "Good Lord, what will I do with myself?"

"Oh please, I think you'll survive," Angel said, rolling her eyes.

"Hardly," he mumbled, half under his breath.

"I have to go see my mom, then I want to go lay down for a bit," I said to Aaron more than the other two. "You can come if you want."

"Uh... sure, I just gotta' finish doing something and I'll be over okay?"

"Yep, see you soon." I went up on tip toe to give him a kiss on the cheek. Then I started across the street to my house.

"Hey mom," I said when I walked into the living room, where she was laying on the couch, coffee in hand.

"Hi sweetie!" she half squealed. "I'm so glad you're home!"

"I was only gone for a day and a half," I said with a smile.

"Still," she said holding out her hands for a hug.

I abliged and sat by her feet at the end of the couch. "You don't mind if Aaron comes over for a bit do you? We just got out of a really bad fight and I haven't gotten to spend any time with him."

"A fight? Why? What happened?" she asked with a concerned look on her face.

I quickly explained the whole thing to her (leaving out the part about the abandoned hotel and just saying that they somehow got Aaron's number and called his cell) and when I finished she looked overwhelmed.

"Wow, when I was a teenager, drama was when the guy you liked made out with another girl... They sure have kicked it up a few notches since I was young..." I let out a little laugh as she rubbed her forehead. "So, Nick kissed you to get Jack away... and then you kissed him a second time?"

I sighed, "Yes mom, that's what I said."

"Oh boy, you really got yourself into a fine mess," she said. "I'm just glad you worked everything out."

"I didn't work anything out, Aaron decided to forgive me, and I'm lucky he did."

We sat there for a little while watching 'The Price is Right' when the doorbell rang.

"That's him," I said getting up. "We'll be in my room. I need to lay down."

"Okay honey, be good."

"We will," I promised.

I went and opened the door, Aaron was standing there with smile.

"Hey baby!" he said.

"Someone's a little overhappy..." I said with a playful smile.

"I'm just glad you're home." I stepped aside to let him in.

We went up to my room and I made him wait outside the door so I could change into my PJ's, Aaron had conveniently changed into a pair of comfortable shorts and t-shirt himself.

We layed down on my bed and cuddled for a bit in silence. I was in complete bliss. Aaron then broke the silence by asking...