- Text Size +
"Do you know what happens when I eat cheese?"

I turned my head towards him, giving him a sidelongs glance. "What? I mean, um, no."

"Well, it's only when I eat it alone, but when I do, I eat a whole bunch of it, like all the slices in the package, and then I fart." He turned and returned me the glance.

"You're weird," I giggled.

"I know," he grinned, "But I have to confess to you something."

I gave him another look, curiousity getting the better of me. Is this talk of cheese and farting leading to something bad? Oh shut up, Amy, you're so paranoid.

"What?" I asked cautiously.

"I just ate a lot of cheese."

"Then you can go home, cuz I'd like to rest without being suffocated by my boyfriend's farts."

"I was just kidding!!" he said as I started to push him off the bed. He quickly shuffled under the covers and wrapped his arms around my waist. He tucked his nose into the back of my neck. "Your hair smells good..."


~Later~

'Just the way she smiles,
Can cure an aching heart
Or seemingly the worst diseases
She's always my first to dial
When I'm down
for all the right reasons
...'

I woke up to the sound of somebody singing.

I looked up and saw Aaron sitting with one arm around me and the other holding my hand. He was stroking the back of it with a thumb and the singing had come from him.

"Is that one of your new songs?" I asked tiredly.

"Huh...eh...what?" he sounded nervous.

"That song you were singing, is it one of the new ones?"

"Uh...yeah, I wrote it not to long ago."

"I like it," I said sitting up to snuggle closer to his chest.

"Good, cuz it's for you," he kissed my forehead.

"Amy, honey?" my dad said knocking on the door. He walked in and froze when he saw me and Aaron in my bed. "Wh-Whats going on in here?" he asked. Well, as long as he wasn't running downstairs to grab a shotgun, he couldn't be too mad.

"Nothing, Dad." I said, throwing off my blanket so he could see we were both fully-clothed. "I swear."

"Good, lets keep it that way." he said, clearing his throat. "I have some good news for you. Both of you."

I sat up and pulled the covers back over myself. "What is it?"

"Well, a detective at the police station just called."

"And?"

"They think they've tracked down Jack and Tony."

A wave of relief came over me. "That's great!" I said, settling back into my bed.

"You can say that again," my dad agreed. "I have to take your mother to get a few things at the market, I'd prefer you two not be in the house alone."

"Oh, well Amy can come to my house if that okay," Aaron said, sounding hopeful.

My dad thought about it for a second, then said "Well as long as your brother is home, I don't mind, but we'll have to check with her mother just in case."

"Mom won't mind." I said to Aaron.

"I'd like to leave soon so, if it's not too much trouble, could you get dressed and go now?"

"Okay dad," I said.

"Thanks honey." He walked out my door and downstairs.

Aaron went ahead of me, back to his house so my parents could leave right away. I got dressed, trying to make my hair look at least half way decent, and headed out the door and across the street. I was feeling much better since I first came home and felt like going for a swim, which is why I put on my bathing suit under my clothes.

I knocked on the door and was suprised to see a very frustrated-looking Nick answer the door. "Hey, Amy." Geez, what crawled up his- "Aaron's upstairs." He pointed to the stairs, as if I'd never be able to find them on my own, them being right there and all, and walked back into the living room, where I saw a woman with light-brown hair sitting on the couch. She looked like she was pretty upset about something.

"Thanks... Is everything ok-" I started, before he interrupted me.

"Its fine, Amy." he sighed. "I'll see you later." he turned around and walked back to the living room without even giving me a chance to reply.

"O-kay..." I trailed off as I walked upstairs. "Aaron?" I asked to an empty hallway. That was effective.

Then, a door opened on the right, and Aaron poked his head out. "In here." I walked into a room not much bigger than mine. Instruments were scattered everywhere, and Aaron was sitting on the edge of a big, four-poster bed, while Angel sat on a small couch playing with a couple of small dogs.

"I just wanna apologize for anything you might have witnessed downstairs." Aaron started.

"Nick's ex girlfriend decided to make an unexpected visit." Angel finished.

"Sounds like fun," I muttered.

Angel looked up from the small chihuahua she was playing with and gave me a grim smile. "You got that right. Apparently, she's trying to convince Nick to get back together with her, and Nick obviously doesn't want to. And you'll never guess what she said."

"What?" I asked curiously. I walked over to Aaron's bed, plopping my very tired butt onto his luxuriously comfortable bed. Aaron looked deliriously happy at that aspect, and I gave him a smack on the arm to let him know where we stood. But then I gave him a small kiss just because he was so damn cute.

"He said she was pregnant. Can you believe that?" Aaron answered.

Geez, they sounded like Julie and Gina. "Is she pregnant?"

"Doubt it," Angel said in an annoyed tone. "She'll mooch off of him for a month or two, make up some lame story about how she 'tragically lost the bundle of joy' and leave."

"And Nick can't refuse her, because then she'll go to the press," I completed after putting two and two together.

Aaron and Angel both nodded.

I sat there for a minute trying to think of a way to get him out of this. Then it hit me...

"Hold on a sec..." I said with a mischevious grin.

"What are you up to?" Aaron asked curiously.

"I'm gonna help Nick out, God knows I own him one," I whipped out my cell, and - finding Julie's number in my phone book - decided it was time to put my recources to good use.