- Text Size +
Ring. Ring. "Hello?" Julie's familiar - and still overly perky - voice answered.

"Hey, Julez, are you busy?" I prayed that she wasn't. Please, please, please!

"Oh my God! Amy! Hi!!" she said exstaticly. "I haven't talked to you in forever! Of course I'm not busy!"

"It's been two days," I said with a grin. "Listen, I don't have time to explain, but I need a HUGE favor."

"Anything girl, you know I got your back."

I could hear Gina in the background telling Julie to say hi to me for her. I ignored the comotion and went on with my explination, "I need you to call Paulo."

"That actor guy my mom's dating?"

"That's the one," I comfirmed.

"Why?"

"Just tell him that he's got his first live performance, and it's a biggie."

"Uh... Okay, uh... I need time, place, and detail of the role..."

I gave her Nick's address and told her to have him here by six o'clock. I also gave her exactly what Paulo would need to know for his big role as Doctor Palliotta.


~ 5:15 ~


"Okay so here's what's going to happen," I sat down in front of Aaron and Angel to explain my ingenious plot. "I'm going to pretend to black out and you have to call 'My doctor-"

"That Paulo Polliota guy right?" Aaron asked.

"Right. Anyway, he's gonna come in a couple minutes after I wake up, and declare that I just need to lay down. If Nick's ex - Kerry did you say her name was? - is as much of a brown noser as you say, then she'll be all over me asking if I'm alright and if I need anything and all that, for one reason: she thinks Nick likes me."

"Wait-what!?" Aaron exclaimed.

"Think about it Aaron," I began. "Why do you think she's even here?" When I saw the blank expression on his face I countinued, "When she saw the article in that magazine talking about mine and Nick's 'fling' she saw her window of opportunity closing, and now that it's plain to see that you and I have made amends, she'll be the first to hop aboard the 'moochy ho' express."

"Ohhhh," Aaron and Angel echoed.

"So anyway, while she's all 'worried' about me I'll say something like 'No, you should really take it easy, what with the baby and all' then 'Dr. Palliotta' will come in and ask her all sorts of questions about pregnancy complications, symptoms, and stuff like that, stuff that she'll never be able to know even if she did get pregnant."

"But how is that dude supposed to know all that?" Angel asked.

"Why do you think I gave him all day to research the part, I'm paying him extra for the short term notice."

"No, I'll pay him," Aaron said. "I'm not gonna' let you pay for my family's problems."

"We'll settle that later, right now we have to get ready for the show."


Six o'clock came around and Paulo called my cell to tell me he was there and in position. I watched Aaron walk down the stairs going to get me a glass of water. He was out of my sight when Nick stopped him, "What are you doing?" he asked coldly.

"Amy's not feeling well, I'm getting her some asprin and a glass of water," he explained.

"She okay?" Nick asked, his mood momentarily lifted due to his awarness of my condition.

"Yeah I'm sure she-" that was my cue I let myself fall down half the steps, being sure to fall with 'dramatic accuracy' as my half insane excuse for a drama teacher used to say(that was when you fell in such a way that you'd be sore, but not hurt after the fall). I landed perfectly at the bottom of the stairs.

"AMY!" Nick and Aaron yelled at the same time. I had to admit, Aaron's acting wasn't half bad.

The rest of the plan went smoothly, Angel came down all worried and called "my Doctor" and we were just waiting for him to show up.

Paulo came in right on time and impressed everyone with his medical knowledge. He was much better than I expected. And sure enough Kerry started to act all motherly towards me, asking if I needed a drink, some food, a blanket...

I replied with, "Don't even think about it, I should be the one helping you. What with the baby and all."

Genuine worry replaced the fake on her face at the mention of pregnancy in front of what she thought was a real doctor. And as if it couldn't have gotten better Paulo asked "Pregnant? Really? How long are you into term?"

"Two and a half months," Angel answered for her. "That's what you said right?"

"Oh no, no, no, no, no," Paulo said with a laugh. "There no way you could be almost three months in."

"No she is," Aaron said. "She told us about ten times."

"Well," she said nervously. "I have been able to hide it well."

"Ahh, yes. Women, they're amazing," he said with a smile. He then went off on an amazing rant of questions and inquiries about a pregnancy and how the mother should feel, not to mention a gruesome part about diseases and infections that have been linked to child birth and pregnancy, this boy definitely did his homework.

When he was finally done Kerry looked like a cow staring at an oncoming train. "Uh..wh-what?"

"You mean you didn't know about the risks of infection during pregnancy? But that's common knowledge for any pregnant woman!"

She shook her head in confusion. "Y-You know what..." she said finally coming out of the shock of some of the graphic detail he'd just described. "Maybe I better try that pregnancy test again...I mean, it could've been wrong, you know how unreliable generic brands can be...I'll uh....talk to you later Nick," she got her purse and all but sprinted for the door. I couldn't help laughing at her.

"You're welcome!" I said happily, all but leaping off the couch once Kerry was out of sight.

Nick was lost. "What?"

"I'm fine." I paused, he still looked lost. "Fake fall."

"Fake doctor." Paulo added, holding out his hand. Nick shook it, still completely confused. Do I really have to spell it out for him?

Aaron and Angel beat me to it. "We knew Kerry was lying to you." Angel started.

"Again," Aaron added. "So we decided to save you the trouble of putting up with her for four more months, and call her out now."

"Like I said, you're welcome." I finished. Finally, some signs of recognition.

"Thanks... I owe you guys." Nick said.

"Actually... Someone really does owe me." Paulo chimed causing us all to laugh.

I payed Paulo so that he could leave and we all sat on the couch to watch some TV.

"How the hell did you come up with a plan like that in such a short time?" Aaron asked me.

"I have no clue, I'm just that good I guess," grinning I snatched the remote from his hand and put on MTV.

"That was all you Amy?" Nick asked. "I seriously owe you."

"No you don't," I said. "You helped me out with my ex, so I was just returning the favor."

Nick laughed. "All I had to do was kiss you, you had to hire a professional actor, and by the looks of that wad of money you handed him, NOT a cheap one, and fall down the stairs."

"Ah details, who needs 'em."

I cuddled up next to Aaron and we all relaxed and watched TV thankful that - for now - there was no drama in our lives.