- Text Size +
I jumped onto the highway and was doing at least 20mph over the speed limit. I was finally past my breaking point. After every little frustrating thing that happened to me over the past couple of weeks, every little bit of anger just welled up inside me, like filling a balloon with air, just waiting for it to burst. And it finally did.

It was like I just relived every aggrivation that had ever happened to me all in a matter of two minutes. A car horn brought me back to my senses and I realised I was going close to 90mph in a 65mph zone.

I slowed down as fast as I could - without causing an accident - and got off the highway at the closest exit. It was late and dark now, so downtown - where the exit led - was packed with the party crowd.

I took out my cell and called Gina.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Hey it's me."

"Oh hey, what's up?"

"Nothing really, hey listen do you want to go to a club tonight?"

"Is that seriously a question!? Of course!" She asked Julie if she wanted to go, but she refused, claiming that she 'didn't like those dingy clubs'. "Which one?" Gina asked into the receiver.

"Meet me at Ultra, I here it's easy to get into."

"Okay, I'll be there in ten."

We hung up and I found a parking spot. Screw Aaron! I said to myself. I don't need him or Nick! Tonight, I'm going to forget all about the damn Carters and have fun.

What - what am I saying? Its not their fault their mom is a bitch. I'm mad at her, not them. I don't wanna end up doing something I'll regret.

I picked up my phone again and dialed. Again.

"Hello?" Gina answered again. "We're still getting ready."

"Well stop. I changed my mind."

"What?"

"I don't want to go out, I hope its okay." I sighed. "I think a girls night in will do me some good."

"Sure." She said. "We can catch up on whats been going on with you!"

~An Hour and a Half Later~

As we sat on Gina's bed, I told them everything, from the kiss, to Jack and Tony kidnapping Aaron, to the gonhorrea. Not to mention, the recent Ms. Spaulding incident which led me here.

"And all this happened since the other day?" Julie asked, amazed. I nodded.

"Okay, enough drama talk, lets watch a movie!" Gina turned on her TV and DVD player and the movie started.


~An hour later~

'Luke, I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.'

'What does that make you to me?'

'ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!'


I was laughing so hard, I was crying for the bazillionth time in the last few days. A movie like "Spaceballs" can do that to you.

After the movie we were all laughing our asses off.

"[Dark Helmet]'Well what about him?'" Gina quoted. "[Col. Sanders] 'He's an Asshole too, sir.'
[D.H.]'How many Assholes do we have on this ship??'
[Entire ship]'YO SIR!'
[D.H.]'I knew it, I'm surrounded by Assholes.'"

We all started laughing again. This is exactly what I needed, it's a good thing I got over my anger, but I was still a bit mad at Nick for letting his mother do that to me in his own house...and at the same time I couldn't blame him or Aaron for not standing up to her...she was one scary mom.

'That I don't know what I'm doing anymore
I'm feeling like a little girl
Caught up in emotions
I'm out of control
Isn't it obvious?
'

I heard my cell ringing (though just barely) over our laughing. Signaling Gina and Julie to keep it down I answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Amy! Thank God you're okay!!" It was Aaron.

"Let me guess, your mom is gone," For some reason I was still a little mad at him.

"Yeah..." he sounded ashamed. He paused for a minute as if trying to figure out what to say. Then he started ranting "I've been trying to call you for the past two hours, but you haven't answered any of my calls. I must've left you like fifty messages. I've been worried sick, I heard someone pull out of your driveway and I looked out the window and saw you speeding down the street so I called your house your dad said you weren't home and he thought we got into a fight, and he had no idea where you were. Your mom is worried too. I was trying to think of where you'd be, I tried to call Gina and Julie but they didn't answer either. So I thought you must be at a club with them and I was trying not to think of what you'd be doing at the club but I did anyway and I-"

"Aaron!" I inturrupted. "Breathe!" I heard him take a deep breath and I continued. "We didn't go to a club. I wanted to at first, but I changed my mind," I heard him let out a sigh before going on, "I've been at Gina's house in the basement, Julie's here, too, and we've been watching a really funny movie and talking and stuff, I couldn't hear my phone."

We sat there for another few seconds before he said, "Amy...I'm really sorry about my mom. She's never really liked my girlfriends but this is the first time she's ever been all out rude to one," he had adopted the ashamed tone once again and I could picture him running his fingers through his hair, trying to think of what to say. "I was a total ass...I should've been by you, but I just sat there and let her talk about you and insult you and embarass you...I'm so sorry. But if it helps, I started getting really edgy after about an hour of calling and you not picking up, and then my mom called you something and I just totally flipped on her. I just started yelling at her to stop talking crap about you and that you were my girlfriend and-"

"BREATHE!" I reminded him again. "Look, I'm sorry I worried you. I'm going to head home now. Just come on over when you see my car, if not, I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"No, I'll wait."

"Okay I'll see you soon then, love you bye." I hung up and got out my parents' keys. I said bye to the girls, and started the drive home.

~Ten Minutes Later~

As I pulled into the driveway and got out of the car, I saw Aaron standing on my doorstep, a big bunch of flowers in his hand.

"Flowers mean 'I'm sorry', right?" he asked, handing them to me.

"I have no idea..." I looked at the colorful bunch, "But they're beautiful." I kissed him on the cheek. "You didn't have to do this."

"Yeah I did," he said looking at the ground. "I'm really sorry."

"Now that you've apologized for the thousandth time, it's my turn to say sorry."

"You have no reason to be sorry."

He put a confused look on his face and I explained, "I didn't peel out of my drive way because I don't know how to drive. I knew you'd hear it and would get worried. That's why I did it...and when I had first wanted to go to the club...I wasn't exactly planning on 'being good.'"

His expression went from soft to a bit grim. "So if you had gone to the club, you would've..." he trailed, probably wanting me finish the sentence.

I sat down on my front step and said, "If I had gone to the club I probably would've had a few drinks and grinded with a bunch of guys. But I would've never cheated, no matter how pissed off I was."

Relief washed over his face, "That's good to hear." He sat down next to me and took my hand in his. Looking up at the sky he sighed. "Mom's really pissed at me."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be." he kissed my cheek and squeezed my hand. "Its not your fault. I wasn't gonna let her keep insulting you, I shouldn't have let her start in the first place. I wasn't gonna lose you because of her."

The light next to our front door went on and my dad opened the door.

"There you are," he said. "We've been looking all over for you."

"Sorry I didn't call or pick up my phone. I was at Gina's and we were watching a movie."

He nodded and saw that Aaron and I were holding hands. "Everything alright now?" he asked.

I looked at Aaron and smiled, "Yeah, never better, Dad."

"Good." Dad replied. "By the way, are you planning on going to school tomorrow?"

School. Duh. Completely forgot again. "I don't know..."

"You don't have to, you've had a lot going on these past few days." Dad added.

"I'll let you know later, okay?" I told him. He nodded and walked back inside the house. "So..."

"So..." Aaron repeated.

"Your mom's not coming back tomorrow?" Please say no, please say no...

"I doubt it..." He sighed again. "I think Nick said something to her about going out to surprise BJ and Leslie after I blew up at her. I wasn't listening at that point."

"Oh. Sorry." He smiled and kissed my lips.

"We need to stop apologizing so much..." I nodded in agreement, and we both started laughing.

We sat there for a little longer, still hand in hand. I didn't want to go, but if I did decide to go to school tomorrow, I needed to get some sleep.

"Aar, I gotta' get to bed," I said regretfully.

"Oh, right," he said getting up and stepping off the step. "Uh..I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Definately," I said with a smile. I walked over to him and he just kinda' stared at me. So I whispered, leaning in to get right next to his ear, "This is the part where you kiss me goodnight."

I backed away and he shuddered. "Okay, goodnight," he gave me a quick peck on the cheek and turned around to walk back to his house. What the hell? I watched him quickly walk back to his house and he started jogging when he got to his lawn.

I went back into my house feeling a bit dejected. I wonder what that was all about. I said goodnight to my parents and when upstairs to sleep. Maybe I should go to school tomorrow, I thought. So I set my alarm to its usual time and got in my PJ's. I wonder how much I've missed.