- Text Size +
"Maybe I will go in, now that I'm up I mean," he gave me a coy look before I went to get dressed.

Phew! This kid doesn't get it does he? I'm taken. Case closed. Then again, he doesn't seem to care about that... or does he? As I got dressed, I thought about it. Things were finally good again for me, did I really wanna risk it?

"Actually," I called out the window to him, "I'm starting to feel sick again. Sorry... Maybe tomorrow."

He grinned, "Okay. See ya later, Alligator."

I left the window and cruised back to my safest place to...sleep: My bed.

But then a thought hit me.

What the fuck? Alligator? Who says that?

Before I closed my eyes and went back to sleep, I called Julie an asked her to pick up my work for me if she could.

"Sure! Feel better, Amy." She replied.

"Thanks. I will. Bye." Click.

Aaron walked over to me across the red aisle of Target, dressed up in fancy black and white apparel, and stooping before me.

"Amy, will you marry me?"


I woke up shivering, yet I was covered in sweat. What was that? Breathing fast, I tried to recover the meaning of that dream. What did it mean? Don't these kinds of dreams mean the opposite of what they look like? I think my brain is moving a little too fast, here... I'm 17!

Maybe I just need some breakfast, I thought to myself as I went downstairs. When I got into the kitchen poured myself a bowl of Reese's Puffs. Mmmm.

'Oh I can't wait to get next to you
Oh I just can't leave you alone
Boy you stay inside my mind ain't no denyin' that
'

My phone rang just as I sat down to eat. Damn.

"Hey!" Aaron said on the other end of the line.

"Hey what's up?"

"Nothing, I guess you aren't going to school?"

"Not today."

"Awesome, you should come over then."

"Don't you have work to do today?"

"Nah, I can take the day off when I want to." Liar, I can hear him smirking from over the phone.

"Oh?" I said coyly, spooning the cereal quickly into my mouth.

"Yeeppppp," Aaron drawled out in a very long, long syllable. I smiled as I walked upstairs, where I shrugged on my Taking Back Sunday hoodie. Well, I need sunshine, I told myself guiltily. "Soo, how about it? You can come over, we'll pop in a movie and promptly ignore it while trying to top last night."

"You do remember I have 3 days left to go on my antibiotics, right?" I asked as I walked out my front door.

"Yeah, I know, I'm counting down the days," he said with a sigh.

I kinda' felt bad, but at the same time a little nervous...he was taking things pretty fast...

"Aaron," I said, walking across the street - of course after looking left and right - and standing on the doorstep. "I have something to tell you."

Aaron opened the door right one cue, took my hand, leading me into the living room.

"What?"

"I'm sorta a virgin. Not counting what happened with Jack." I confessed.

"Oh." He said. Oh? That’s it? That’s all? Oh?

"My point...I have zero experience...none, nada," I said as we went over to the couch. Wait a minute! The couch !?

"I understand..." he replied, kissing my cheek.

"So, um, what do you usually do on days off?" I asked.

"I like to bang!" Aaron cried melodramatically.

"Aaron!" I said reproachfully, playfully hitting his arm again.

"You know I was joking baby. I'm all eyes for you." He kissed my cheek again.

That made me thinking about his fans... most of them girls...

"Aaron..?"

"Mm hmm..?"

"How many of your fans are girls?"

"Probably like ninety-seven percent. Why?"

"Oh...uh, just wondering." I stared at my lap, not wanting to make eye contact with him.

"Why are you staring at my lap?" Aaron asked, smirking.

I threw another punch at him, laughing. "Gosh, you better watch your mouth!"

"I don't want to..!" he sounded like a child that did want to do what he was told.

"I'm not gonna ask you what you want, because I want to watch the movie" I said in the same childish way as he had said it

We decided to watch Wedding Crashers. Aaron put in the movie and came to sit close to me.

His arm felt warm and a bit shaky as he laid it over my shoulder, but I dismissed it as we watched Owen act crazy on the TV screen.

But halfway through the movie, it was still shaky, if not more.

"Aaron, you okay?" I asked.

He raised his eyebrows. "Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

I shrugged, "I dunno, you're just sorta shaky."

"It's nothing," he dismissed it evasively. "I'm just a bit sick."

He doesn't look sick, I though to myself. "What’s wrong?"

"Huh?"

"You said you where sick…"

"It's nothing," he said again, but I didn't buy it.

Even as we continued watching the movie, his arms became shakier and shakier, his breathing shallowly constricting, until I grabbed the remote and switched the TV off, turning to Aaron.

"Aaron, what's wrong? Do you need some water, or medicine or something?" I grabbed his hand and looked into his brown eyes. Even they became lighter.

"It's nothing," he slurred. He became paler.

"I'm gonna go call Nick," I said, rushing upstairs to go find him.

I found Nick in his room, watching TV.

"Nick something’s wrong with Aaron!" I said, getting scared.

He turned off the TV and hopped out of his bed, "What is it?"

"I don't know, but he's getting really really pale."

Nick just ran past me and down to the living room.

Once we got downstairs, Aaron was slumping over on the couch. Nick sat on the couch and looked at him, his eyes were half closed.

"Aaron... Sit up." Nick tried to help him steady himself, but it didn't work.

"I'm-I'm..." Aaron trailed off.