- Text Size +
Oh my fucking damn shity-assed-make-me-hate-you gosh. Nick was shirtless. And looked good.

Nick caught me staring at him and looked down, blushing. "Oops. I guess I forgot to put on my shirt in my hurry."

I blushed even deeper, partly ashamed at what I was thinking. "Um, yeah. Sorry about that."

"No worries," Nick said as he retreated back into the house. I followed him silently screaming at myself for agreeing to come over. "I'm gonna' go grab a shirt, why don't you pick out a movie?"

"Sure," I said. He smiled (Damn him!! ) and ran upstairs. I went over to the movie rack and looked at the selection.

Hmmmm....let's see. The Notebook, White Chicks, Closer, Wedding Crashers, The Fog, Sixth Sense, American Pies 1 and 2, American Wedding, Starsky and Hutch, The Dukes of Hazard, OH! Final Destination 3!! I haven't seen that yet!

I took FD3 from the rack and sat on the couch. I waited for another minute before calling to Nick, "Are you sure that all you're doing is getting a shirt?"

Seconds later he came down the stairs two at a time. He hopped over the back of the couch, landing almost on top of me.

"Whadya' pick?" he asked cheerfully. He took the movie, "Good choice."

"Did you call in the pizzas yet?"

"Sure did. They should be here soon. Do you wanna' wait for the food, or start the movie now."

"Uh...would you mind waiting? I haven't seen that one yet and I don't feel like pausing it to have to get pizzas."

"Yeah that's fine with me," he said. "Soo, what do you want to do for the neeext..." he took a quick glance at his watch and finished, "twenty minutes?"

"I don't know, but I need something to keep me awake," I said, trying (without success) to stifle a yawn.

"Well, I just dumped the last of the coffee, and we're out of soda..." he got up and went over to the fridge. “So basically we have. Milk, water, beer or vodka."

"Ah, what the hell, get me a beer."

He gasped, "But you have to drive home!" he joked.

"Don't worry, you can be my designated driver," I replied grinning.

"Oh heeeelll no!" he grabbed two Bud Light's from the fridge, opening both and brought them over. "For you," he said handing me a bottle.

"Thank you kind sir," I said with a fake British accent.

"A toast," he said raising his beer. "To us. Friends till the end."

"I'll drink to that," I said tapping his bottle with mine.

After drinking three or four bottles, I was as drunk as the Santa in the mall at Christmas time.

Your walls are really shiny," I pointed out, grinning amusedly.

Nick gave me a strange look. "Are you drunk?"

"No, I'm with the funk!" I shouted, slapping him playfully in the air.

"Okaayy," Nick said, grabbing the beer from out of my hands, "I'm going to get you water so we can sober you up."

He came back with the water and sat down next to me. "Here," he said. "Drink this."

I took a few sips of the water and put it down on the table. I turned to face Nick, "You look so sexy in that shirt you picked out and the cargo shorts you're wearing," I thought to myself...or so I thought.

His eyes went wide, "Wh-Wh-What?"

Suddenly I just got this wild urge to kiss him. I leaned closer and pushed him into the couch cushion. Straddling his legs I leaned in and kissed him. Nick's eyes opened wide as I continued what I was doing. And he contributed back. Things heated up a bit and Nick ended up on top of me, just like Aaron. Nick getting a shirt was pointless, because it was on the floor now anyway.

The doorbell rang and Nick jumped so high, he fell off the couch. I giggled as he went to answer the door.

"That'll be $10.45," a guy said. Nick handed him a twenty and shut the door.

He dropped the pizza on the coffee table in front of us and we went back to what we were doing. In the back of my mind, I seriously knew I shouldn't be doing this. This was wrong. This was bad. This was Aaron's friggin' brother!

I pulled him off of me, despite my body telling me not to. "Nick. I can't do this. This is wrong."

He looked at me with sad eyes. "I know," he said in an ashamed voice. "But all this time, ever since that kiss..." he trailed off.

"'Ever since the kiss...' what?" I pressed.

"I just... haven't been able to stop thinking about it... About you..." he shook his head in dissappointment. "I'm such a goddamn ass."

"No you're not," I sat up and put a reassuring hand on his back. "The same thing's been happening to me."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I mean, out of like 8 dreams I've had since then, one was about him, and the other seven..." I let his imagination finish what I couldn't quite admit. "But I love him...and now..." a tear came out of no where and fell from my suddenly moist eye. "I've done the worst thing I could possibly do." He gave me a hug and I hugged him back. Why is my life so damn complicated?! "And this whole cycle's gonna just go over again," I voiced, letting go.

Nick nodded. "I know what you mean. Damn, Amy, but I dont know what to do. You're my little bro's girlfriend. I love Aaron to death, but I'm starting to think that I love you too."

I looked down at my black flats, mixed emotions running through me. "I know. I love Aaron more than I've ever loved a guy more in my life, but then... There's you... And I keep thinking about you."

"Amy, I -" Nick started, but was interrupted by the noise of a key straddling the lock of the front door.

"Oh fuck," he mumbled. He made to jump up and go somewhere, preferably far away, but the person at the door was in the room before he could do so.

Oh fuck, I thought, copying Nick's exact words. Ms. Spaulding.

"You!" she snarled, pointing a dangerously sharp pink nail and finger at me, "You! You whore, I knew it!"

I bit my lip as she came closer. Her eyes darted from Nick to me, back to Nick. I suddenly realized that I was shirtless too, my skimpy black bathing suit top totally conspicious.

"Mom, don't-" Nick began, but was interrupted.

"No, you shut the hell up!" Ms. Spaulding snapped, now extricating her finger from my direction and pointing it at her oldest son. "I can't believe you would betray your brother like that. I expected better than that."

"Mom. What are you talking about?" Nick demanded, a drop of sweat forming on his upper lip.

"Don't play dumb with me!" she shouted, now stomping her foot and advancing even closer to me. "I saw you out there from the window, I stood there for a good twenty minutes, I saw you!"

Oh shit. "You don't understand..." I trailed off.

"Oh, I understand perfectly!" She exclaimed.

"No, Mom, no you don't." Nick said angrily.

Ms. Spaulding was near hysterics now, and each second passed with her almost running towards me. I stood stock still, shocked at being, dare I say, caught, and still inwardly feeling ashamed.

Grabbing her advantage, she grabbed my hair and looked around for a weapon to use on me. Her eyes fell on the remote.

"MOM! Let her go." Nick was trying to stay calm. Moments later, Leslie and BJ appeared in the doorway.

"Mom?" Leslie asked, more out of confusion than because she didn't recognize her own mother. "Whats going on?"

"I caught them!" Ms. Spaulding exclaimed.

"Please, Mom," BJ started, walking towards her mother.

"You didn't see what I've seen going on here!" She sounded like a raving lunatic. None of us noticed what Nick was doing.

"Ang?" Nick asked the person on the other end of his phone call.

"What are you doing?" Ms. Spauling asked her oldest son.

"Don't worry about it." Nick stated. "I'm taking care of this." Nick walked out of the room, and Ms. Spaulding let go of me as she followed Nick out of the room. "NO! I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU THINK YOU SAW, BUT I'M SICK OF YOU TREATING AMY LIKE THIS!"

"What happened?" BJ asked. I guess we were going with the "it never happened" thing. Ms. Spaulding's attempt to bludgeon me to death had actually helped sober me up.

"She barged in here calling me a whore and raving about how she'd caught us." I explained.

Nick stormed back into the room, phone still up to his ear. "All of your kids should get to hear how crazy you sound right now."

"I know what I saw!" Ms. Spaulding insisted.

"Apparently not!" Nick retorted. "Hold on." He put his hand up to silence his mother, and was listening intently to the happenings on the other end of the line. Pressing a button on his phone, he took it away from his ear and we could all now hear what was going on. Thank goodness for speakerphones.

"Mom?" Aaron said. We could all hear he was tired, and I knew this was the last thing he needed right now.

"Aaron, honey, go back to sleep." His mother told him.

"I'd love to, but I can't until I know you're gonna leave my girlfriend alone."

"But Aaron-"

"But nothing!" I could hear Angel telling him to calm down. "I'm sick and tired of you doing this all the time. Now you're trying to drag Nick down, too? I can't take it anymore." He paused to take a deep breath. "I don't care what the others decide to do, I want you to leave me and my girlfriend alone. I love ya, Mom, but I have to do this."