- Text Size +
I looked over to see a pair of strappy black stillettos tapping on the driveway. Looking up further, I saw a girl with long, dark blonde-ish hair - who looked none too happy to see me and Aaron making out on the ground, might I add - with her hands on her hips. In her right hand she had big manila envelope. Aaron sat up next to me and in a second was up on his feet, sticking his hand out to help me up.

"Claire," He said, out of breath still as he pulled me up off the ground, "Hi."

She gave me a disgusted look, one of those "He-could-do-way-better-than-you-seeing-as-he-has-before" looks. How I got all that from a look, I can't explain. But I did. Then she looked back to Aaron, a big, fake smile on her face. "The results are in on my-" she cleared her throat, apparently trying to make it clear she didn't want to say "pregnancy test" in front of me. "-Well, you know."

He rolled his eyes. "Amy knows whats going on. I told her."

"You TOLD HER our PERSONAL BUSINESS??" she shrieked. "Aaron, how could you??!"

"She's my girlfriend, Claire, she has a right to know whats going on in my life."

"Yeah, your life! Not our life!"

"There is no 'our life' anymore, Claire!" He squeezed my hand, and I could tell she was getting on his nerves. "We're over. I've moved on."

"Yeah, but if this baby is yours, it'll have to be our life!" she shrieked, clearly outraged that Aaron was showing no intention of falling back down to her feet.

His hands tensed and squeezed my hand harder, cutting off most of my circulation to my hand. "Aaron," I muttered under my breath, "My hand."

"Sorry," he hissed back into my ear, glaring at Claire as she tapped her stakes-glued-under-a-piece-of-platform heels impatiently. "It's just I'm really stressed about -"

"It's okay. I'm sorry." I cut him off. He did look stressed. No longer rosy cheeked from where we were, er, doing something earlier, his face turned gray, ashen.

"Are you going to tell me or not?" Aaron finally asked, directing his words at Claire.

She nodded with a smug look. "Yeah."

"...And??" Aaron asked impatiently. Claire once again gave me a dirty look.

"In private?" she nodded to me.

"You don't have to leave, Amy." He looked at me, desperation in his eyes.

"No, its okay," I pulled him into a deep kiss, just to make it clear to Claire that she didn't intimidate me and I would stay with Aaron no matter what, "The sooner we get this whole problem settled, the better." I turned back to Claire and gave her a fake smile as I walked back into the house.


I sat in the dining room and watched nervously through the window as Aaron and Claire exchanged words while sitting at the patio table near the pool. God, I wish I can read lips.

"Hey Aime," Angel said, walking over and sitting next to me, "Whats up?" She frowned when I didn't answer. "Amy?"

I didn't even realize she'd sat down next to me until she tapped me on the shoulder. "Oh! Sorry, hey Ang."

"Whats going on?" She looked out the window and a look of confusion came across her face. "Whats Claire doing here?"

I shrugged. I knew it wasn't my place to tell her what was going on, she'd already dig into Aaron for Claire being there in the first place, I could tell by how she'd said the girl's name. "She said she wanted to talk to him. I got sick of getting the death stare, so I came in here."

"Don't worry. Claire's a bitch, none of us could stand her by the time they broke up. Even Aaron."

"I'm not worried. My hand started to turn blue, he was squeezing it so tight."

Angel laughed as we watched what was happening outside. "Yeah... She does that to him. The last time she tried to do this, he almost left a hole in the wall."

I frowned as I saw him slam in his chair angrily. He was waving his arms and screaming at her. "Get the fuck out of my life already!" was what I could swear he shouted at her. She picked up the envelope from the table and put the paper she'd taken out of it back inside. She tried to grab his arm, but he jerked it away from her reach as fast as humanly possible and pointed her away from the house. She stormed off, stopping to scream something at him before disappearing from our sight. He slammed in the chair she'd been sitting in as he marched back to the house, slamming the sliding back door shut as he plopped down in one of the dining room chairs.

I cautiously walked over to him after silently asking Angel with my eyes to give us some time alone together. He stared angrily at the pictures lining the mantlepiece and didn't make any notion to speak as I sat down at a loveseat next to him.

After a few moments, he spoke abruptly, harsh anger lining his voice so terse that I almost backed away. Instead I brought my right pinkie to my teeth, gnawing nervously. "She's a bitch."

Well, that I knew already. "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to," I said gently.

He looked at me and must've saw my frightened expression because his face broke into a feeble smile to assure me, I guess, that it wasn't me who he was mad at.

"I want to tell you. I love you, and you're my girlfriend."

I nodded. "And...?"

"...Shes not pregnant."

I heaved a deep sigh of relief, then frowned when I realized he was still mad. "Okay, so why are you still mad?" I cringed as I realized that might have been a bad question to ask.

"She had the nerve to try and get back with me." he growled.

"Wh- what??" I asked incredulously.

"Yeah! I know!" He exclaimed. "She said," he cleared his throat, then spoke in what I assumed was supposed to be an impression of her, "'Baby, its okay, we can try again... I still love you...'" He saw the worry on my face and grabbed my hand. "I told her I was in love with you, that nothing she was gonna say could change my mind, and that she was stupid for thinking I'd get back with her after what she did. I told her to get out of my life and that I never wanted to see her again. Ever. Then she yelled something about me regretting it someday and stormed off, but I'm sure you saw that." he smiled.

"But you won't ever regret it, right?" I asked quietly, biting my lower lip.

"Well...Lemme think about it.."He looked up at the ceiling for a moment, like he was actually considering it.

I gasped, not even knowing when I did so.

"I'm just joking!" He cracked a facetious smile at me, but my heart didnt stop it's racing pulse.

"Aaron..." I said.

"Baby," he leaned over and kissed me. "I won't regret it. Ever. I swear."

I looked at him, almost doubtfully. "Pinky promise?"

He nodded and grinned again, standing up and leaning over the sofa I was sitting on, with his hand curled into a fist under his mouth.
'And I will love you 'til forever
Until death do us part we'll be together
So take my hand and hold on tight
And we'll get there
This I swear
'

I giggled at the end of his performance. "You sound like we're getting married or something."

Apparently he hadn't thought of that. "Well, maybe someday we could..." he smiled.

As far away a day as I knew that would have to be, it didn't sound like that bad of an idea. Wait a sec... "You're not proposing to me, are you?"

Smirking, he answered, "Well, we are living together now, so..." he laughed when he saw the shock on my face. "Amy, I'm kidding. Neither of us are ready for that."

"It's okay. Kissing you and all that is enough for me to handle right now, plus all the family drama." I leaned up and tilted my head back. "Kiss me now?"

"Just kiss you?" He pouted.

"Well, yeah, you said you were tired earlier, didn't you?" I stood up and wrapped my arms around his waist, nuzzling and kissing his neck.

"Yeah," he said, whispering in my ear, "Keyword were. Past tense." He stretched his arms as I pulled away from his neck. "I think I'm getting my second wind..."

"Second?" I joked. "More like fifth."

"Anyways, I don't wanna do it right now. That's all we ever do anymore, besides today." I ducked under his arm and headed into the kitchen. "Wanna eat some cookies instead?"

"Cookies?" His face turned blank. "Oh shit!"

"You burnt them?" I asked with a laugh.

"No, I forgot we had them." He smiled.

"Which means.." I couldn't even finish my sentence before being blasted by a rush of air; Aaron had run past me and into the kitchen. I walked there slowly, smiling, and 30 seconds later, Aaron was at the table, stuffing a whole cookie into his mouth.

"Aaron!"

He spit his mouthful of cookie onto a paper plate sitting on the table. "Wha...?"

I sat down next to him and grabbed a cookie from the tottering pile on a big platter in the middle of the table. "Never mind."

"These are really good." he said, muffled by the cookie still in his mouth.

"Thanks!" Angel said, leaning over and picked one up from the plate as well. "So, what was that all about before?" She asked, taking a bite of her cookie.

Aaron and I exchanged looks; I gave him a look that told him it was his own volition.

"Claire was over." Aaron stated, breaking a cookie into halves and quarters on his plate.

"That I know, wise one. What else?"

"She wanted to get back together with me." Aaron stated. He wasn't lying, he just wasn't telling the entire truth.

"Again, not surprised." Angel sighed, rolling her eyes. "What'd she say this time..."

Aaron cringed, knowing that his sister's reaction wouldn't be a pleasant one. "She uh... She said she was pregnant."

"She WHAT?!?!?" Angel exclaimed, dropping what was left of her cookie on the table.

"But she wasn't! She was lying, calm down," Aaron made circular motions with his hands to indicate to his twin that she should take breaths. "She was lying." he repeated.

"That little-" Angel started, interrupted by the last person to enter the room.

"Whats going on in here?" Nick asked, standing in the doorway to the kitchen.