- Text Size +
When we got downstairs, he smiled at my dad. "Hello again, Mr. Sean."

"No need to use the last name, just call me Steve." Dad smiled.

Then I saw my mom sitting at the small folding table. Please mom, don't make this a big scene... Aaron put out his hand for a handshake with my mom. "Hi, I'm Aaron."

"Sharon! Nice to meet you, Aaron. Hah, that rhymed!" Okay, this is officially embarrasing. "Have a seat Aaron."

"Well, you got this table set up fast." I said as Aaron and I sat down at the table. I felt like smacking my head two seconds after muttering that. How lame!!

"And the food is excellent." Aaron said, demonstrating by shoving a bite in his mouth and smiling. "Best pizza I've ever had."

"Uhh, Aaron, dear, that's from Domino's." Mom smiled. She's probably wondering if we got a smart neighbor or a not-so-smart one.

"Exactly." Aaron grinned.

"So, Aaron when can you help me paint my room?" I asked after a few minutes of semi-awkward silence.

"Oh, do your walls need painting?" Dad asked.

"No, Dad, I need painting." I said sarcastically. I turned to Aaron and was horrified to see a smirk on his face. "I mean, I didnt, I-."

"I know what you mean. Or what you don't mean." he laughed. My parents looked at each other with amused looks on their faces.

"Uhh well... Nice weather we have out here... A-anyone want more pizza?" I tried to change the subject.

"I'll take a slice..." Dad said, and I could tell he was holding back a laugh. I rolled my eyes as Aaron smirked on. I wanted to wipe that smirk off his face, but how... hmm... Kiss it? I'll have to keep that idea in mind...



"That was an awesome dinner!" Aaron exclaimed quite loudly after dinner as we were walking towards his house. I raised an eyebrow.

"What?" he questioned mischeiveously, "It was so good that I had to tell the world."

I giggled as we stood on his doorstep. "Soo...."

"So I'll help you with the paint job, as long as you give me another type of job." he smirked. What was it with him and smirks?

"You are one dirty whore." I told him, loving how the porch light reflected off his bright eyes.

"What?" he asked with mock innocence, "You were thinking it!" he exclaimed, pointing a finger at me. "That's not what I meant, anyhow."

"Then what did you mean?" I asked.

Aaron looked the other way, and I looked the same way. What did he mean? Did he have kissing on his mind too?

"Uhh...I actually don't know..." he laughed, nervosly playing with his hair.

It felt like we were standing there for an eternity. He looked like he was about to say something, but he got interrupted by a voice in the background...

"Amy!" My dad shouted, leaning out the front door, "You have to unpack your things!"

"I'm coming!" I was about to turn around and walk across the street when somthing grabbed my arm.

I turned around and looked at him... Aaron suddenly looked down, like he didn't know what to do next... I can't kiss him, it's to early! I haven't even known him for a day!

"I've gotta go," I said with a smile, "See you tomorrow." I totally suprised him with a hug.


At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to let go. It seemed to come as a little shock to him, but when I went to let go, he put his arms around me and pulled me close to his warm, soft body. I could stay like this forever.

"Thanks for today..." He whispered gently into my ear.

We both realized then how long we'd been hugging and let go. "I better get back there, or they'll wonder where I am."

"Yeah. You probably should." He said with a smile. I turned around when I got to my front door and waved goodbye to Aaron before I walked inside. I stood with my back against the door for a few moments before I was startled once again.

"Hes nice..." my dad said, smiling up at me from the box he was going through.

"You knew he lived here, didn't you?" I asked. He didn't need to say anything, the look on his face was answer enough. "Goodnight, Dad. Goodnight, Mom."

"Goodnight, honey." Dad said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and pulling me closer to kiss the top of my head. I hate it when parents do that sometimes.

"See you in the morning, honey!" Mom called from the table as she put down a box ontop of it.

I walked up a few stairs and turned around. There was Dad, sitting at the table with Mom. They were happy. They hadn't been happy in a long time. Then again, neither had I. Not this happy. I turned back around and went upstairs, back to my empty bedroom. My empty, soon-to-be-painted-by-me-and-Aaron bedroom. When I walked inside, I automatically went to sit on my bed, forgetting that we hadn't moved it upstairs yet.

"OW!" I exclaimed.

"You okay up there, hon?" Dad called from the bottom of the stairs.

"Yeah!" I stood up, dusting off my pants. "Goodnight!" I looked around and noticed a couple of blankets my parents must have put up here while I was walking Aaron home. I put the thickest one on the floor and leaned back on it, falling asleep moments after my head had hit the other folded blanket I was using as a makeshift pillow.