- Text Size +
~Half an hour later~

"I'll talk to you soon, they do let us make phone calls here." Aaron said, my face in his hands as he wiped away a tear that had come down my cheek.

"I know... I'm just really gonna miss you." I kissed him one last time. At least, one last time for the next few months. Unless I decide to visit...

"I love you."

"I love you, too." I sniffled. "Bye..." I said, still holding onto his hand as I pulled away from him.

"Bye..." he said, kissing my hand before I was too far away and our hands let go. Angel and I walked with one arm around the other's shoulder as we made our way back to Nick's car. I looked back at Aaron and smiled one last time as he began to look smaller and smaller and the distance between us increased.


~Three Months Later~


"What do you mean you're delayed?!" I demanded into the reciever under my tight grip.

"Baby, I'm sorry," Aaron answered quickly, "It's just that one of the patients somehow smuggled some drugs in, and they have to clean and check up the whole place now!"

"You didn't touch any, right?"

"Nope, I swear. Anyways, it's only a couple of hours," he continued, "I'm sure we can wait that long...."

"I'm not sure," I sank back down on a sofa in Aaron's living room, where I'd been eagerly waiting to jump in the car with his family. I gave Nick a look; He looked disappointed at the news as well.


~Four hours later~


I waited anxiously on the visitor's bench for Aaron to come through the doors with all of his bags, ready to go home.

It had been, without a doubt, the longest three months of our lives, but it was definitely worth every second. One of the assistants there told us that Aaron did excellently the entire time. I was with him a lot when the withdrawels started, but eventually they went away.

My foot began to subconsciously tap against the tile floor. I was getting more and more antsy by the second. When is he coming??! I thought to myself impatiently.

Finally, after what seemed like ages, he came walking through the double swinging doors with his suitcase and a big grin on his face. He looked better than ever, and from the looks of it even sported some brand new clothes.

Everyone ran up to him and gave him hugs and kisses and congratulations that he made it so far, I stayed behind, unable to think of what to do, I'd been waiting so long to see him like this and now that I have, my legs wouldn't budge.

"Thanks guys, but if it wasn't for you, I would probably be in some random country right now," he said returning all his families' hugs and kisses. He parted his family members so he could look at me. I'd gone all out for today, make-up, hair, clothes, everything. I looked like I was about to go on our first date again.

"Wheres the party?" he joked, pulling me into his arms. He looked so happy I could have sworn he was gonna lift me up in the air right then.

"Right here." I said, kissing him on the lips.

"Ooh lala," he grinned into my lips, "Let's have a fiesta then."

"You can have your personal party later," Nick commented, quickly glancing back at his dad and stepmom - who was holding Kanden. Aaron pouted, then grinned again; He was obviously happy that his older brother, his so called role model, was now happy with him. Nick picked up one of Aaron's suitcases and walked in front of us. "Come on, lets go home." he said.


~Back at the Carter House~


Everyone sat around the table all with full plates and smiling faces. Aaron was at one end of the table and to his left were Angel, Nick, and Leslie. Bob was at the other end and Kanden was sitting in his high chair next to him. Going from Aaron's right it was me, BJ, and then Ginger.

In the middle of the meal, Aaron stood up and got everyone's attention.

"I'd like to make a toast," he said, raising his water glass. Everyone followed suit. "To everyone who stuck by me, helped me get through everything that was holding me back, and who helped me take the first step into starting a new life... CHEERS!"

Everyone clinked glasses and took a sip of their water. I smiled at Aaron and mouthed an 'I love you', he blew a kiss in return and I knew right at that moment that from here on out, my life would only get better...

THE END