- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Yes, I know Halloween is over. But I'd started this before Halloween, and just now finished it. Lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia, & story idea. A.J., Kevin, & rest of BSB own themselves, as does Marcus. Thank-you!

Tesia stood in the living room of her brother’s house, twirling about in circles just because she could. She also loved to spin, as it was fun! Even if it did make her really dizzy in the end.

A.J. stood in the doorway watching her, chuckling to himself. Finally, he spoke up.

“Hunny, you wanna go shopping?”

Tesia stopped spinning and plopped down on her bottom. “Shops fer toys?’

“No, for special clothes, Baby T.”

“’Pecial cwothes?”

A.J. nodded. “Yup. Special clothes.”

“Kay!” Tesia exclaimed, attempting to get up, though failing to do so.

A.J. went over and scooped the dizzy little one up into his arms. “Let’s go get you ready. The guys are coming too.”

“Yay!” Tesia cheered, loving the other guys. They were fun and made her laugh lots.

A.J. chuckled as he set about getting her ready to go out. “You bringing Teddy with you?”

“C’n I?” Tesia asked, looking up hopefully. “Pwease?”

“Sure, Baby,” A.J. nodded. “We’ll just put his special coat on him.”

Tesia smiled and helped her brother put her Teddy’s coat on him. It was special because it had her name on it, so nobody would think she was stealing him.

A.J. finally finished dressing the Teddy Bear – with her help – and handed him over to the little girl whom was waiting for her friend. “There we go, he’s all ready now.”

Tesia hugged the Teddy bear tightly, then slid off the bench she was sitting upon. She grabbed hold of her brother’s hand once he’d his shoes and jacket on, and smiled wide as they headed out the front door. She was happy and shocked to find the other boys all outside playing football while they waited. She hadn’t seen them at all that morning, as they’d been gone when she’d woken up. But she hadn’t known they were just outside playing without her.

“EVY!” Tesia shrieked, immediately running for him.

Kevin quickly dropped Nick and the football, and turned just in time to scoop the toddler up into his arms. He twirled her about, chuckling as she giggled wildly.

“Hey!” Nick protested. “That hurt!”

“Serves yah right for trying to tackle him, Frack,” Brian laughed, as he came over to help his friend up. “Y’all ready to go now?”

“Yup,” A.J. nodded. “Now, off to the Batmobile!!”

“Whoot! I’m Batman!” Brian shouted, running off for the car with his jacket wide open and held out by his arms.

“Batman! Wait for Robin!” Nick yelled, quickly running after him. “You need your sidekick!”

Howie looked at A.J. shaking his head, smiling as he listened to the two blonds. “They’re both as crazy as they come.”

“I’m not so sure it’s a good crazy,” A.J. smirked, causing Howie to laugh and wink.

“You never know, Alex.”

A.J. draped his arm over his best friend’s shoulders. “So, shall we stake claim on the front? I mean, it is your car we’re taking.”

“Mine? Why mine?” Howie asked.

“Because you’re the sensible one, who bought a family sized car,” A.J. replied. “Besides, Batman and Robin are all ready standing on the hood.”

“Hey!” Howie exclaimed. “Get off my car!”

Frick and Frack both giggled, as they jumped down off the hood of the car. “We were scooping out enemies!”

“Kev! C’mon!” A.J. called back.

Kevin stopped spinning himself and Tesia, and stumbled over to where the others were, laughing. “Okay, we’re ready to go. We’ve wound ourselves up, haven’t we Hunny?”

Tesia nodded through her hysterical giggles. Spinning with Kevin was much more fun than spinning by herself!

Soon enough, all six were piled into Howie’s car. There were three seats in front and three in back. A.J. and Brian sat up front with Howie, who was driving; Kevin sat in back with Nick, and Tesia who was in her car seat.

“I get front on the way home!” Nick proclaimed.

“Hey, us skinny butts get the front!” A.J. argued.

“I’m skinny!” Nick insisted.

“I meant skinnier!” A.J. riposted.

“Guys! Figure it out later!” Howie told them. “I’m trying to drive!”

Nick scowled, then resumed making faces at Tesia, whom was watching him and Kevin both. It felt good being able to make faces without being yelled at for them.

A.J. shrugged and turned to talk to Brian about something he’d seen on T.V. that he needed an opinion on.

Eventually, they reached the mall and all filed out of the car quickly, wanting to get in and get their shopping done soon as possible; they hadn’t brought security, so if fans spotted them, they were doomed.

Tesia was sitting high upon Kevin’s shoulder, looking around and down at everybody. “Where’s we goes firsts?”

“To the special clothes store,” A.J. answered. “You’ll like it. Trust me.”

“Kay,” Tesia said, deciding to mess Kevin’s hair up a bit.

Kevin shook his head, smiling as he heard the little one laugh. “I better not look funny, Princess.”

“Nuh-uhs,” Tesia answered. “You wooks han’somes.”

Nick snickered behind his hand, but wisely kept his comments to himself. He knew better than to say anything, unless he wanted to be smacked for it.

Brian nudged Nick, and smirked at him. “Looks like an owl, doesn’t he?”

Nick burst out laughing, and quickly took off after grabbing hold of Brian’s hand.

A.J. raised his eyebrows. “What’s with them?”

Howie smiled. “Maybe they saw what Tesia did to Kevin’s hair.”

A.J. looked and laughed. “Kev, man. If only you could see yourself now.”

“Shaddup,” Kevin replied. “She’s happy, and that’s all that matters.”

“You say that now,” A.J. told him. “Just wait until you see your hair.”

Tesia frowned down at them. “Evy pwetty,” she insisted.

A.J. snorted. “Yes, Kevy’s pretty. Very pretty,” he assured her, then whispered to Howie. “Ugly.”

“Alex!” Howie exclaimed, jabbing his friend in the ribs. “Shut-it! You’re going to make her cry.”

A.J. stifled his laughter and smiled up at Tesia, who was watching him carefully. “Looks good, Hunny. Maybe you can do my hair later, okay?”

“Kay!” Tesia chirped excitedly, immediately going back to messing Kevin’s hair. “I’s makes pwetty wikes Evy.”

“Lord, help me,” A.J. muttered softly to Howie.

Howie shook his head at his friend, knowing that in the end A.J. wouldn’t care what Tesia did to his hair. He was always styling it weird anyway.

Finally, they reached the Halloween store, all smiles – except for one who suddenly screamed. All eyes darted to Tesia, who amazingly was still sitting on Kevin’s shoulders, pointing to the werewolf midst giggles.

“Frack, what’s wrong?” Brian asked, suddenly knowing just who had screamed.

Nick’s face immediately turned pink. “Nothing…” he answered softly, trying to avoid the gaze of the evil gremlin in the window.

Brian spotted what Nick was eyeing warily and draped his arm over the younger boy’s shoulders. “C’mon Frack. Let’s go see if we can find some good costumes,” he smiled, then whispered to him. “And I won’t let the gremlins get yah, I promise.”

Nick leaned into Brian a little bit. “Thanks Frick,” he whispered back. “But what if they get you?”

“Nah, they won’t,” Brian assured him. “They know I’m Kevin’s cousin, an’ they don’t wanna face the wrath of an angry Kevin.”

“Can you blame them?” Nick replied. “I know I sure don’t wanna ever face the wrath of an angry Kevin again.”

“Then don’t mess with his stuff when pulling pranks,” Brian smirked, leading Nick back to where the costumes in their sizes were.

Nick shrugged. “Not my fault he can’t take a joke.”

Brian laughed. “He can – just not your jokes.”

“Shaddup,” Nick giggled, hugging his older friend tight just because.

Brian smiled as he kissed the side of Nick’s head affectionately. “Alright, Frack. Let’s find us some costumes.”

Meanwhile, the others were standing before the children’s costumes, so that Tesia could pick one out.

“Dese ‘pecial cwothes, J.?” Tesia asked.

“Yes, these are the special clothes,” A.J. nodded. “They’re for Halloween or whenever you feel like dressing up.”

“Esia haves?”

“Yes, Tesia may have a costume of two,” A.J. answered.

“Or five,” Howie teased.

“Shaddup D.,” A.J. replied, giving his friend a playful Look.

Howie smiled. “I’m sure she’ll sucker you into it. And if not you, then the rest of us.”

A.J. chuckled, knowing his best friend was right. They’d only known Tesia for a couple of days, yet she’d wrapped them all around her finger easily.

“Turtles!” Tesia exclaimed suddenly, pointing to a Ninja Turtles costume. “Wan’ dat one!”

“Ah, you want to be a ninja turtle, eh?” A.J. smiled. “Which turtle do you wanna be, Hunny?”

Tesia thought a moment, then smiled as her whole face lit up. “Esia be Waphie!”

“Raph, huh?” A.J. chuckled. “Why Raphie?”

“‘Cause J. be Donnie!” Tesia chirped excitedly. “An’ Evy be Weo. An’ Owie be Mikey!”

“Um…maybe Nicky should be Mikey,” Howie suggested. “He’d be better at it.”

“Nuh-uhs,” Tesia shook her head. “Icky Wobin.”

“Nicky’s Robin?” A.J. repeated, then thought a moment. “Oh! Batman’s sidekick, right?”

Tesia nodded. “Bwian Batsman!”

Kevin chuckled. “Well, she seems to have decided for all of us.”

Howie shook his head. “I still don’t think I’ll make a good Michaelangelo.”

“Yesth you wills,” Tesia insisted, smiling at him.

Howie smiled back. “Alright. If you insist.”

“Uh-huhs,” Tesia nodded.

“She does,” A.J. smirked. “Looks like you’ve no choice, D.”

Howie shrugged, not really minding all that much. Saved him the hassle of trying to figure out what to be himself.

“Frick! Frack! Where yah at?” A.J. called. “T.’s decided what we’re all gonna be!”

Brian and Nick suddenly appeared then, both wearing the scariest masks they could find – but nothing that resembled a gremlin, of course.

Tesia shrieked and practically dove off Kevin’s shoulders for her brother. “J.!”

A.J. quickly caught her and held her close. “Way to go guys,” he said sarcastically.

“Sorry,” they mumbled, both taking the masks off to reveal who they truly were.

“Look, T. It’s just Brian and Nicky,” A.J. told her. “Nothing to be scared of.”

“Dey scarwy monsters!” Tesia declared. “No monsters!”

“Baby, look at them,” A.J. said softly. “I promise you, they’re not monsters.”

Tesia peeked out and scowled when she realized Nick and Brian were the ones who’d scared her. “Meanies!” She declared, sticking her tongue out at them.

“Tongue in your mouth, please,” A.J. told her. “And they wont’ do it again, Hunny. I’ll kick their butts if they do, okay?”

“Kay,” Tesia whimpered, snuggling into her brother. They really had scared her with those creepy looking masks they’d found.

“So, what are we gonna be?” Nick asked, suddenly remembering why they’d been called over.

“We’re the ninja turtles,” Kevin told them. “And you two, are Batman and Robin.”

“Sweet!” Frick ‘n’ Frack exclaimed together.

“We were just looking at those costumes!” Brian laughed, as Nick giggled. “C’mon Frack. Let’s go try them on!”

Kevin shook his head as he watched the two run off again. “I swear they’re still little kids.”

“I agree,” Howie nodded. “I sometimes wonder what they think about all day long – but then I wonder if I really want to know.”

A.J. chuckled as he pulled the Raphael costume off the rack for Tesia. “You wanna try this on, T.?”

Tesia nodded. “Uh-huhs. Pwease?”

A.J. smiled and took her to try her costume on, knowing it should fit as he was sure he’d found the right size.

Eventually, they’d all found and paid for their costumes; Tesia having had managed to get about ten different ones – two from each boy. They were all now back in the car and headed for home. They had to get ready if they were going out trick or treating later that night. Also, they had to make the yard look spooky to people passing by and trick or treaters. It’d been arranged so that one of their security members would hand out the hoards of candy they’d bought for the trick or treaters.

Later on that night, once the yard was all set up and they were all dressed and ready to go, they stood on the front steps each holding a pillowcase. Tesia had a pillowcase and a little pumpkin basket – it’d been decided when the basket got full, they’d dump it into her pillowcase.

“Yanno, I haven’t been trick or treating in a while,” A.J. stated, as he stuck Tesia’s Teddy Bear onto her back – he’d gotten her a baby doll carrier her for him.

“We’s gets candy?” Tesia asked, hoping the answer would be what she wanted to hear. “Teddy too?”

“Yes, we’re going to get candy,” A.J. smiled. “Lots of candy.”

“Esia wikes candy,” Tesia smiled back.

“I’ll bet she does,” A.J. chuckled, adjusting his little sister’s red bandana. “There yah go. Now you’re really Raphael.”

Tesia beamed widely. “Teddy Fwankin.”

“Yes, your Teddy makes a very good Franklin,” A.J. agreed. He’d been conned into buying her stuffed friend a Franklin costume, so that he too could be a turtle.

“Have no fear, Batman is here!” Brian exclaimed, jumping up out of nowhere suddenly. “Let’s go! Robin and I desperately need some candy!”

“Yeah!” Nick shouted, jumping up out of no where as well. “Let’s go!”

“I’m beginning to think Batman and Robin were already into the candy,” Kevin said dryly.

Howie laughed. “Knowing them? Oh, probably.”

Brian and Nick glanced at one another, then took off running down the driveway laughing like a couple of maniacs that’d suddenly been let loose.

A.J. shook his head, as he took hold of Tesia’s hand, after nodding to Marcus, who’d dressed up as a Teddy Bear – he was passing out the candy for them. “Let’s go, shall we?”

“Yeah!” Tesia cried, trying to drag her brother along excitedly. “Candy! Candy! Candy!”

Kevin laughed. “Sounds like someone else got into the candy too.”

“Nuh-uhs. Nots Esia!” Tesia insisted, as they finally reached the sidewalk. “Esia no eatteds candy ‘less J. say yesth.”

“That’s right, Hunny,” Kevin. replied. “No eating candy, unless J. says it’s okay.”

They reached the first house and walked up to the door. A.J. lifted Tesia up, so that she could be the one to ring the bell. The door opened and a chorus of voices rang out.

“Trick or treat!”

The older woman smiled at them and gave them each some candy. “I think it’s cute you’re all taking the little one around,” she commented. “Reminds me of my brothers and sisters and I when we were small. We had such fun on this night. Well, have fun!”

“Thanks!” They all chorused once more, before leaving her yard and heading onto the next house.

After a while, Tesia wound up on Brian’s shoulders, insisting Batman had to be the one to carry Raphael and Franklin around. Of course, Batman obliged willingly.

Tesia squealed delightedly as Brian ran off down the sidewalk with her bouncing around atop his shoulders. She felt as though they were flying, and this amused her greatly.

Nick was quick to run off after them, not wanting Brian to leave his side for a minute. Who knew when the Gremlins would finally decide to attack! Besides, with Brian near, he wouldn’t have to explain to anyone why some of the creepy stuff scared him – Brian would already know the answer and hold him close when he saw the need too – it didn’t matter how old either of them were, he’d always be there to protect his Frack.

“I swear, they’re all crazy!” A.J. said, shaking his head. “Though, in a moment, I just might join them.”

Kevin smiled at Howie, then smirked at A.J. “And what’s stopping us?”

“Us?” A.J. repeated, turning to look at the older man. He surely hadn’t expected that.

“Yeah, us,” Kevin nodded. “Why should they have all the fun tonight? It’s not like we’re going to be easily recognized or anything.”

A smile slowly formed it’s way onto A.J.’s face. “Race yah!” He shouted, before taking off down the street after Frick ‘n’ Frack and Tesia.

Kevin and Howie both glanced at one another briefly, before quickly joining in on the chase. They all laughed as they took turns passing one another, as well as dodging each other; they were playing their own little version of Halloween tag. Besides, they’d already been up and down this block and had plenty of time to get to the others.