- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey y'all!!!!!! Been quite a while, eh? Sorry it took me so damned long to write this! I started this chapter like last mnoth, then got stuck, then wrote a little more, then got stuck again. Finally tonight, I was able to finish it. There should be, like, two more chapters left to this story. But, I can't tell yah when they'll appear, as I've drawn a blank for the next chapter - and I want least one more, before Tesia finally has to go home. Oye. Lol. Well, enough of my endless rambling - Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia, & story idea. A.J., Kevin, & rest of BSB & anyone associated with them own themselves. Thank-you!

 

The following day it was decided they would go out for an early dinner, and then to a movie – one that was suitable for three-year-olds – and Nick. It would be a somewhat fancy dinner, not too fancy, but not McDonald’s either – much to the dismay of some.

 

“Who’s ready to get all dressed up for dinner?” A.J. asked, as he entered the living room where Tesia was playing Mario Kart with Frick ‘n’ Frack.

 

“No,” Tesia replied, her eyes still glued to the screen where she was trying to get her turtle across the finish line before Brian, with the help of Nick.

 

“You get to have a bath first, Baby T.,” A.J. pointed out. “Don’t you like baths?”

 

“Yesth….Buts I’s pway cars now!” Tesia insisted. “Vroom!”

 

“Yes, I can see that you’re playing cars,” A.J. told her. “But we have to get ready to go out. Brian and Nicky are going to be getting ready soon too.”

 

“Yep, we are,” Brian agreed. “We want to look good when we go out.”

 

“Buts I’s wanna pways cars!” Tesia whined, as her and Nick came in second for the umpteenth time.

 

“Tesia, c’mon Babe,” A.J. stated, going over and plucking her from Nick’s lap. “We got boats and bubbles and a lone rubber duckie awaiting your arrival.”

 

“NO!” Tesia shrieked, squirming some. “I’S PWAY CARS!!!!!!!!!”

 

A.J. groaned, but managed to carry the struggling three-year-old upstairs for her bath. If he’d known letting her play Nintendo would cause her to act like this when it was time to get ready, he would’ve told Brian and Nick to not let her play. But how was he to know she’d throw a tantrum over Nintendo?

 

Tesia continued to screech and writhe about as she was stripped down for her bath. She loved baths, she did, but not when she wanted to do something else instead.

 

“NO! NO! NO!” Tesia screamed, stomping her little feet angrily upon the floor.

 

“Yes, yes, yes,” A.J. said, scooping the kicking little one up and placing her gently into the tub.

 

Tesia splashed her brother angrily, not the least bit happy to be in the tub – even though it was filled with plenty of bubbles just for her.

 

“Tesia,” A.J. warned warily. “No splashing like that; you’re going to get the floor wet.”

 

Tesia eyed her brother for a moment, before standing up and kicking her feet like crazy in order to get him wetter than what he already was from the tub water.

 

“Tesia McLean!” A.J. exclaimed. “Sit down before you fall!”

 

Tesia kept on standing there splashing him, until she slipped finally on the tub floor.

 

A.J. immediately reached out and steadied her, breathing a sigh of relief at the fact he’d caught her in time. He’d his hands on her hips to keep steady for a few moments, as she’d scared the crap out of him. He patted her bottom firmly with his fingers, but not enough for it to actually be considered a spanking. Though, that alone seemed enough to cause the little one still in the tub to cry.

 

Tesia burst into tears almost immediately when she felt her brother’s hands pat her bottom. She didn’t want for him to spank her! She didn’t mean to slip!

 

A.J. sighed heavily. “T., don’t cry, Baby. Please?”

 

Tesia just stood there, her sobs wracking her small frame.

 

A.J. sighed again, as he gently pulled her forward into his warm embrace. “Shh…..don’t cry, Hunny.”

 

“I’s sorry!” Tesia wailed.

 

“I know, I know,” A.J. soothed, as he rubbed her back soothingly. “Shh….”

 

There was a knock at the door, then a head poked in to see just what the heck was going on.

 

“Everything okay in here, McLean?” Marcus asked concerned.

 

“We’re fine Marcus,” A.J. assured him. “I just think someone really could’ve used that nap earlier.”

 

“Well, next time be sure to take one McLean,” Marcus smirked, winking at the younger man.

 

A.J. rolled his eyes and flipped him the bird without Tesia seeing. “Get out Johnson.”

 

Marcus laughed. “I’ll let everyone know the little one isn’t being killed up here like they all thought.”

 

“Gee, thanks,” A.J. replied. “Man tries to handle a temper tantrum and gets no credit for it.”

 

“Well, you’ve got it under control now,” Marcus pointed out. “So I’d say you did do a good job.”

 

“Yeah, yeah – Out,” A.J. answered.

 

Marcus shook his head as he closed the door behind him, to leave the two in the bathroom alone once more.

 

A.J. continued to rock his little sister for a while, until finally her sobs had subsided to mere whimpers.

 

“You okay now?”

 

Tesia nodded slightly.

 

A.J. kissed her forehead softly. “Now, how’s about we finish this here bath, then go dress you up like a princess, hmm?”

 

“Kay,” Tesia replied, popping her one thumb into her mouth.

 

A.J. smiled and gently set her back down, and finished cleaning her up before finally letting the water of the tub and removing her as well. Once she was wrapped up in her towel, he carried her to the room he had made hers, and set her on the bed. While she sat there, he went to pick something out of the closet for her to wear – he’d gotten her quite a bit of clothing the first day they’d met, so he’d plenty to choose from. He finally found one that was perfect for the occasion. It was dressy, but not too dressy. It was a Little Bitty Lilac 3-piece Coat Dress – it came with a three button swing coat with an embroidered collar, and little tucks at the waist. The little collar is embellished with sweet embroidered flowers. The dress is sleeveless with embroidery from the coat repeated on the bodice, and the bodice is set off with pretty purple trim. The cute little hat is also embellished with the embroidered flowers from the coat and dress.

 

“How about this one, T.?” A.J. asked, turning to face his baby sister, the dress in his hands.

 

“Oooh. Pwetty!” Tesia exclaimed, her eyes wide with excitement. She’d forgotten about all the nice clothes she’d gotten; as she’d been so busy playing the past few days. “Esia likes!”

 

A.J. smiled. “I thought you might say that. It even comes with a hat.”

 

Tesia gasped, her jaw dropping and her one hand going to her mouth, as she began to bounce excitedly on her bottom.

 

“Esia likes hats!” She squealed.

 

A.J. laughed as he made his way over to her, carrying the dress they had chosen. “I can see that.”

 

Tesia clapped happily, as she continued to bounce on the bed. “Makes Esia pwetty, J.!”

 

“Oh, I will, Baby, don’t worry,” A.J. grinned, as he lay the dress upon the bed then tickled Tesia’s sides. “You’ll like the perfect little Angel that you usually are.”

 

Tesia returned his grin, allowing him to remove her towel and get her panties that he’d grabbed for her on. “Scooby!”

 

“Yes, Scooby,” A.J. nodded. “Can’t go a day without him, now can we?”

 

“Nuh-uhs,” Tesia shook her head, her wet hair sending bits of water all over the place.

 

“Hey-Hey!” A.J. exclaimed. “No acting like a puppy with wet hair here, Kid.”

 

Tesia giggled as she stepped into her panties before allowing her brother to stick a light undershirt on her as well.

 

“There we go,” A.J. said. “Tesia’s pretty.”

 

Tesia frowned. “No she nots. Esia nots pwetty!”

 

“Oh, you don’t think so?”

 

“No,” Tesia pouted. “Esia nots in da dwess.”

 

“Well, I think Tesia is very pretty with or without the dress,” A.J. told her, kissing her nose. “But since you insist, dress it is.”

 

“Tank-you,” Tesia smiled.

 

“You’re very welcome, Baby T.,” A.J. chuckled, as he helped her into the lavender dress that lay waiting for her to put on.

 

Once Tesia was dressed and her hair was done in two pigtails, so it’d fit under her beloved hat, Marcus was called in to take the little one on downstairs while A.J. and the others could finish getting ready. Marcus carried Tesia downstairs and set her on the couch right in the middle where she loved to sit most.

 

“There we go, Hunny,” Marcus said. “You can sit there and watch Scooby while we wait on everyone else.”

 

“Kay,” Tesia nodded, reaching over to grab the Teddy Bear she’d left alone on the couch earlier. “Teddy an’ Esia watches.”

 

“Good girl,” Marcus praised, turning Scooby-Doo on for her. “Now, you stay put, okay? We don’t need you getting all dirty again.”

 

“Shh! Esia watches Scooby!” Tesia hissed, her one light purple gloved forefinger to her lips.

 

Marcus chuckled and sat down in the big Lazy-Boy chair to watch the cartoon as well, leaving Tesia to sit alone with her Teddy Bear.

 

Soon enough, everyone was dressed and ready to go to The Olive Garden. The Boys were each dressed in a nice pair of slacks and a nice shirt to match, as they all wanted to look nice for this particular outing.

 

“Hey, guys!” Kevin called after entering the living room, only to find Tesia sitting on the couch waiting for them.

 

“Yeah?” They all called back.

 

“I think I found a Princess in the living room!” Kevin shouted, a smile on his face. “I stake claim on her!”

 

“Hey! She’s my Princess!” Nick argued, running into the room then.

 

“I don’t think so Frack!” Brian argued, as he sauntered in.

 

“Must I remind you all, that she is my Princess?” A.J. asked as he came in behind them with Howie. “Nobody gets to stake claim on her but me.”

 

Tesia grinned over at them, highly enjoying them calling her ‘Princess’. “I’s weady, J.!”

 

“I know that, Baby,” A.J. chuckled, going over and scooping her up. “And so are we now.”

 

“Goods, ‘cause Esia hungwy,” Tesia told him, nodding her head to confirm her statement.

 

Everyone laughed as they all headed on out to Howie’s car, so they could be on their way – Marcus, of course, going with them. They weren’t huge in the U.S. yet, so they didn’t need a whole lot of security when home.

 

 


 

 

Half an hour later, the seven of them were seated at a table, each looking at their menus. Except for Tesia, who was colouring in the colouring book her brother had brought along for her, as well as her crayons. She was currently sitting on her knees in Kevin’s lap.

 

“So what’s everyone having?” Brian asked curiously. “I can’t decide between the lasagna and the cheese pizza.”

 

“I’m all for cheese pizza,” Nick stated. “It’s the best.”

 

“Nick, for once, why don’t you try something new?” Kevin suggested. “You can eat cheese pizza anywhere.”

 

“But I like pizza,” Nick answered.

 

“What do you want, Hunny?” A.J. asked Tesia, as he was sitting next to her booster seat that was between him and Kevin.

 

“Chicken nuggies,” Tesia replied.

 

“Baby, I don’t think they have those here,” A.J. pointed out. “What about spaghetti or lasagna? Or what about macaroni stuffed with cheese or cheese pizza?”

 

“Hey, how come she gets the option of pizza?” Nick protested.

 

“Because she’s just a baby, Carter,” Kevin remarked dryly. “And don’t go telling me you are too, because I know you don’t wear diapers, Kid.”

 

Nick scowled and slouched back in his seat, staring at his menu once more.

 

Howie chuckled. “Though, with the way he’s acting Kevin, I’d say he’s no more than five.”

 

“Agreed,” Kevin nodded.

 

Nick stuck his tongue out at them, then resumed reading his menu.

 

“Well, T.?” A.J. pressed. “What would you like?”

 

“What Evy haves?” Tesia wanted to know, looking up at the man whose lap she currently sat in. “Evy?”

 

“Kevy’s going to have the….hmm…let’s see,” Kevin trailed off. “Ah, yes, here we go. Kevy’s going to have cheese stuffed pasta with vegetables.”

 

“Esia wants!” Tesia exclaimed, looking in her brother’s direction.

 

“You want the same as Kevin?” A.J. checked. “The cheese stuffed pasta with vegetables?”

 

“Uh-huhs,” Tesia nodded, her hat sliding forward some.

 

A.J. chuckled. “Okay, Baby. We’ll get you the same thing. And chocolate milk, right?”

 

Tesia nodded once more, her tongue sticking out the side of her mouth as she resumed her colouring. “I’s makes you a pictures.”

 

“Okay, you do that Baby T.,” A.J. told her. “And J. will order your food for you.”

 

“Kay,” Tesia replied, leaning forward a bit more for better access to the page she was currently colouring for her brother.

 

“Are you all ready to order?” A waitress asked a few moments later.

 

“Yeah, I think so,” A.J. replied. “Guys?”

 

The others all nodded, and she took their orders, smiling as she cast a glance at Tesia every so often.

 

“Whose little one is she?” She queried. “She seems quite well behaved.”

 

“That’s because she’s occupied,” Howie laughed. “It’s different when she’s not.”

 

“I’s an Angel, Owie,” Tesia piped up then, her eyes coming up to give him a pointed look. “J. says so.”

 

“Yes, I do say so,” A.J. agreed. “Because you are when you want to be.”

 

“She’s yours then?” The waitress asked.

 

“She’s my kid sister,” A.J. answered. “I’m baby-sitting this week.”

 

The waitress nodded. “Cute. I love kids. Got to younger brothers myself. We should set up a play date some time.”

 

“Sure thing, Sherry,” A.J. grinned, after reading her nametag quick. Once she was gone, he leaned over and kissed Tesia’s head. “Kid, you’re my ticket to the ladies!”

 

“You don’ts needs no wadies,” Tesia told him. “You gots me.”

 

“Yes, that I do,” A.J. smiled. “You’re the loveliest lady of them all.”

 

Tesia smiled at him, then resumed her colouring once more.

 

Soon enough, their food arrived, and everyone dug in eagerly except for one little one who sat staring at her plate.

 

“Yummies?” Tesia asked skeptically, as she forked a piece of pasta.

 

“Yes, yummy,” A.J. nodded. “But it’s hot, so be careful, okay?”

 

“Kay,” Tesia nodded, blowing on her pasta after her brother had blown on the piece for her. She cautiously took a bite, then spit it back out into the plate. “Hots!”

 

A.J. gave a soft chuckle. “I told you it was, Baby T. Give it a few minutes to cool down, alright?”

 

“Kay,” Tesia replied, pushing the plate away a little bit, so she could finish up the picture she was colouring for her brother.

 

A few minutes later, A.J. glanced over at her, only to find her still colouring. “How about you put that away for now, T. Your food shouldn’t be that hot anymore.”

 

“No,” Tesia replied stubbornly. “I’s finish firsts.”

 

“No, you’ll eat first,” A.J. stated firmly, reaching over to gently take the picture she was colouring from her. “I’ll put this in a safe place for now.”

 

“NO!” Tesia screeched, immediately slamming her fists down upon the picture she’d been working on. “Esia’s!”

 

A.J. narrowed his eyes at her slightly. “Lower your voice, Tesia. There is no need for you to be yelling.”

 

“MINE!” Tesia shouted, moving the paper away from her brother.

 

“Princess, let your brother put the picture somewhere safe, while you eat,” Kevin piped up, deciding to try and help the younger man out some. “Then you can colour it again when you’re done.”

 

“Oh, she’s being a ‘princess’ alright,” A.J. muttered under his breath.

 

“NO,” Tesia insisted firmly.

 

“I’m not arguing with you on this,” A.J. said, reaching over and grabbing the paper from her. “You have to eat, Tesia.”

 

No sooner did A.J. have her drawing, than did Tesia start to shriek and fling her angry little fists at him.

 

“NO!!!! GIVES DAT BACKS!!!!!” Tesia shrieked loudly.

 

“Tesia McLean!” A.J. snapped. “Enough!”

 

Tesia ignored him, as she continued to scream and punch angrily.

 

A.J. shook his head in annoyment, and set her drawing down on the other side of his plate, before reaching over and scooping the flailing child up into his arms. “We’ll be back in a few minutes,” he told the other guys, who were watching silently, and casting nervous looks around at the other patrons.

 

The guys all nodded, and watched as A.J. headed for the door, with Tesia still screaming away.

 

Once he was outside, A.J. unlock the car door and set Tesia down in the back,, before closing the door on her so she’d be alone to throw her tantrum. He stood there with his arms folded over his chest, as he listened to his sister’s screams slowly die down. He figured she’d go silent once she realized she’d no audience. The kid loved attention as much as he did, but she had to learn how to get attention in the right way, without causing a ruckus. Soon as he was sure she was finished her tantrum, he opened the door and climbed into the backseat with her.

 

“Finished, are you?”

 

Tesia nodded, sniffling midst small whimpers, as she rubbed at her teary eyes. “I’s sorry J.”

 

“And why are you sorry?” A.J. asked calmly.

 

“Fer makin’ louds noise,” Tesia sniffled. “I’s jus’ wanna finishes da pictures.”

 

“Yes, I know that, Baby,” A.J. nodded. “But you need to eat your dinner. Dinner is a little more important right now, okay?”

“Buts it yer picture!” Tesia protested.

 

“And I appreciate that,” A.J. replied. “But my picture would be finished better once your tummy is full. All little drawers need to fill their tummies up in order to make the picture perfect.”

 

“Really?” Tesia asked, looking up at him through teary eyes.

 

“Mhm,” A.J. smiled, gently pulling her into his lap. “Whatcha say we get you cleaned up some, and we go back ant eat our dinner, then order a nice big piece of chocolate cake for dessert?”

 

“Esia loves chocolates!” Tesia smiled, as she wiped her eyes one last time.

 

A.J. brushed her remaining tears away with his thumbs, then kissed her forehead. “Alrighty then. Let’s get back in there, shall we?”

 

“Uh-huh,” Tesia nodded.

 

“And I want you to be a very good girl and eat as much of your dinner as you can, or not dessert, okay?”

 

“Kay,” Tesia agreed readily.

 

A.J. smiled as he locked the car back up, before carrying his sister inside once more and heading for the family restroom, so he could clean her face up some. Once that was done, he headed back to the table, noticing his food seemed to be hot once more as did Tesia’s.

 

“They heated them up for you when they saw you heading back in,” Howie informed him. “They didn’t want you to have to eat a cold meal.”

 

A.J. nodded as he set Tesia back down in her booster seat. “There we go. Now, how about that pasta and those vegetables, T.?”

 

Tesia grabbed up her fork and dug in immediately, soon as she realized her food wasn’t hot like before – though, it was warm, since it had been reheated. She ate as much of her dinner as she could, before finally setting her fork down, and announcing she was done.

 

“I’s fulls,” she told her brother softly. “Tummy don’ts want no more.”

 

A.J. chuckled. “Not even room for chocolate cake?”

 

“No,” Tesia pouted. “Da pasta too yummy.”

 

“Well, how about we see if we can take the rest of the pasta home?” A.J. suggested. “Would you like to have it for lunch tomorrow?”

 

“Yeah!” Tesia exclaimed loudly, then lowered her voice. “Yesth, pwease.”

 

A.J. smiled at her, then flagged the waitress down to see about getting Tesia’s remaining food boxed up to go. Once that was done, he eyed the fellas.

 

“Y’all coming back to my place, or y’all heading home after this?” He queried.

 

“I think I’m gonna head home,” Howie replied. “I have phone calls I was supposed to make earlier, that I never got around too.”

 

“Frack and I are going to go to a park and shoot some hoops,” Brian piped up. “Ain’t that right, Frack?”

 

“Yup, we’re playin’ some b-ball Frick,” Nick grinned. “Then we’re gonna go crash at one of our houses and watch some movies or play some Nintendo.”

 

“Kev? Marcus?” A.J. turned to look at them then.

 

“I’m headin’ home,” Marcus shrugged. “I haven’t been there in so long; I think I forgot what it looks like. I blame you for that fact McLean.”

 

A.J. smirked. “I’ll accept the blame – this time, Johnson.”

 

“Evy comes withs Esia,” Tesia cut in, before Kevin even had a chance to respond. “Evy wants to pways withs da blocks.”

 

Kevin chuckled. “Well, I guess I’m going home with yah Aje.”

 

A.J. rolled his eyes. “Oh, joy. Just what I always wanted – an evening with you.”

 

“Oh, you know you like it,” Kevin laughed, playfully wriggling his eyebrows.

 

A.J. clamped his hands over Tesia’s eyes. “Kev, don’t do that man! You’re gonna scar the kid for life!”

 

Everyone laughed at that, then stood up to go and pay their bills once Tesia’s dinner had come back in the box it’d been put in. they all left then, various people being dropped off at various places, as they’d all carpooled. Eventually, A.J., Tesia, and Kevin were all back at A.J.’s place and were relaxing in the living room.

 

“Hey T.,” A.J. began. “Why don’t you go get your jammies on, and then we’ll have some chocolate cake while we watch a movie.”

 

Tesia’s eyes went wide. “Cakes a’fore bed?”

 

“Yes, cake before bed,” A.J. nodded. “But it’ll be our secret, okay?”

 

“Kay!” Tesia chirped excitedly, as she began throwing her blocks back into their container. She and Kevin had been playing with them, but she was done now, if it meant she could have that yummy looking chocolate cake before bed.

 

Once her blocks were all cleaned up, Tesia ran for the stairs and headed on up to get into her jammies. She was excited about the prospect of cake, and in such a hurry, she hadn’t requested anyone go with her for once. – which she had been doing, since the break in earlier that week. She hurried into the room that was now hers, and rummaged through her pajama drawer, before finally finding the pair she wanted to wear – her My Little Pony ones. She stripped quickly – something she was good at, as she loved to streak – and yanked her bottoms on, then her top. She grumbled as she realized they were on wrong and she was now stuck.

 

“J.!” Her little voice rang out. “J.! I ‘tucks!”

 

Meanwhile, back downstairs, Kevin and A.J. were in the kitchen getting the plates of cake ready for their movie night, when they heard the small voice ring out.

 

A.J. snickered. “I bet she got stuck in her jammies again,” he commented. “She did that last night, and the night before.”

 

“I’ll go see what’s got her stuck,” Kevin told him. “You just keep getting that cake onto those plates.”

 

A.J. laughed, shaking his head at his older friend. “I’ll be sure to give you a big piece too Kev. Don’t worry.”

 

Kevin stuck his tongue out at the younger man, before jogging on upstairs, where Tesia was still in her room calling for her brother.

 

“What seems to be the problem here?” Kevin asked, as he entered the room. he chuckled when he saw she had both legs in one pant hole, and her head was stuck in a sleeve, while one arm was in the other sleeve.

 

“I ‘tucks!” Tesia exclaimed.

 

“I can see that,” Kevin laughed, going over and helping her right her shirt. “There you go.”

 

“My legs ‘tuck,” Tesia reminded him.

 

“Oh, so they are!” Kevin faked surprise. “Well, let’s unstuck them, shall we?”

 

Tesia nodded, giggling as Kevin tickled her sides, before removing her pants and helping her put them on properly.

 

“Tank-you,” Tesia smiled, kissing his cheek.

 

“You’re welcome, Hunny,” Kevin smiled, kissing her cheek in return before scooping her up and placing her on his shoulders. “Now, let’s go get some cake before A.J. eats it all!”

 

Tesia squealed as Kevin took off quickly down the hall, and hurried on down the steps. She loved rides like these!

 

“In here!” A.J. called from the living room.

 

Kevin entered the room, and smiled as he saw that A.J. had set T.V. trays up for them, so Tesia wouldn’t get too much cake on his rug – or, so he seemed to be hoping. He set Tesia down next to her brother, before sitting down on the other side of her. “Wow! There’s still some cake left!”

 

Tesia giggled into her hands, as A.J. placed an apron on her, wanting to keep her jammies clean for as long as possible.

 

“There we go,” A.J. grinned. “All set to eat some cake and watch some Chipmunks.”

 

“Yay! Chippymunks!” Tesia squealed delightedly, clapping her hands together. “Esia loves Chippymunks!”

 

“Yes, we know that you do,” A.J. nodded. “Now, eat up.”

 

Tesia giggled happily, as she dug her little fork into her huge slice of chocolate cake. “Mm….”

 

“You do know she’s going to end up all hyper, right?” Kevin pointed out, as he too dug into his slice of cake.

 

A.J. shrugged. “Oh, well. She’s allowed to be hyped up for one night. Besides, she napped in the car on the way home.”

 

“She goes home soon, doesn’t she?” Kevin asked, as he knew Tesia was paying them no mind – she was too engrossed in the Chipmunk currently playing on the television screen.

 

A.J. sighed heavily, as he nodded. “Bob called this morning. He’s coming to get her day after tomorrow.”

 

“I’m sorry she couldn’t stay longer, Aje.”

 

“Yeah, me too. But I was told maybe in a couple weeks she could come visit again.”

 

“So you’re talking to him again?”

 

“Only so I can see my sister, Kevin. I haven’t forgiven him for a damned thing – not yet. He has to prove himself to me. And right now, all that matters is Tesia and her happiness.”

 

Kevin smiled some. “Well, that’s somewhat mature.”

 

A.J. smirked. “Yeah, I know. Momma told me that earlier when I talked to her, after Bob called.”

 

Kevin shook his head, though he was still smiling. “I should’ve known.”

 

“Yes, you should have,” A.J. agreed, before the two of them were shushed by Tesia.

 

The two men shut-up then, and watched the movie quietly as they ate their cake – only talking when Tesia decided to ask them questions about what was going on in the movie. Or when she decided she needed to point out to them just how funny or silly something was.