- Text Size +
It had been two weeks since Lexy’s wedding day. She walked into the apartment after Nick dropped her off to go to the store. She saw the light on in the living room, she looked around-“Hello?”
She walked into the living room and saw Ioan sitting on the couch-“Well...your home.”
She looked at him, he looked different angrier-“Ioan...I...”
He shook his head-“No...I think you did enough talking.”
She walked towards him-“Ioan no, I didn’t you know, I didn’t. I’m sorry I never meant to hurt you. But did you really think that life would be fine and dandy if we got married? I wasn’t ready to get married!”
He laughed-“You weren’t ready to get married? Or you weren’t ready to get married TO ME?”
She stopped-“That’s not fair. MY decision had nothing to do with Nick.”
He got close to her face-“Tell me something, if Nick wouldn’t have come back...would you have gone through with the wedding? Yes right?” She looked into his eyes, then looked down, he nodded-“I thought so. I knew you would have married me if he hadn’t showed up.”
Lexy shook her head-“I’m sorry.”
He smirked again-“Yea I know. I came back to get my ring.”
She looked at him, hurt that she had hurt him so badly. She went upstairs to get his ring. When she came back he was by the door. She handed it to him-“Ioan...I’m really sorry.”
He nodded and walked out the door. She sat on the stairs and sighed-“Wow, well at least he’s gonna be happy with who ever he finds.” She then walked into the kitchen and started cooking some spaghetti-“I did the right thing right? Well I’m sure I could have gone over there and told him I didn’t want to get married.”
Nick stood at the door and smiled-“Wow...are you talking to yourself?”
She got startled and spun around-“Oh...Nick. Yea I’m talking to myself...but you know I am insane.” She pouted as she walked towards him and wrapped her arms around his waist-“Cuz I answered myself.”
He laughed as he wrapped his arms around her shoulders and looked down at her-“It’s ok...I like my women crazy.” He leaned down and kissed her.
She pulled away and playfully shoved him-“Thanks! Now...did you bring the RAGU?”
He nodded as he pointed to the bag on the counter, she grabbed it and went to the stove. Then he sat on a stool and leaned on the counter-“So...is it just you and me tonight?”
She turned to him and grinned-“Sure if Emma is at Brian’s again. I think she likes it over there more than here. Wow I don’t think it’s been that way for a while!”
Nick smiled-“Good, I like it this way. I’m gonna go upstairs and shower.”
She nodded as she continued cooking her spaghetti and chicken Parmesan. When she finished, she left it on the stove, with it off, to keep it warm then went upstairs to take a shower too. When she came out she saw a black dress laying on the bed. She looked around then picked up the note next to it: Get dressed, then meet me on the roof. She giggled, then got dressed. When she was done, she threw her hair up in a high clip and applied her make up, then earrings. She put her black heels on and headed out of the apartment complex to the roof. When she got up there, she saw a man with a violin. He saw her and started playing, Nick then walked up to her. He was dressed very nicely. She looked at him in surprise-“Babe wat’s going on?”
Nick held out his arm so she could take it. She looked at him and took his arm, smiling the whole time. He led her to a small table, where there was candles and dark red rose petals on the table. He pulled her chair out for her, then pushed her in. He had set up their dinner plates infront of their places. She grinned, he had not said a word the whole time, until then-“Your dinner my lady.”
She looked around, the sky was clear, the violinist was in tune, the food smelt great-“This is so beautiful Nick. Thank you.”
He looked at her and smiled-“We deserve this.”
She nodded-“Oh yea we do!”
They ate their dinner while talking, Nick nodded to the violinist. She looked at both of them, then looked at Nick who was standing up-“Nick, what are you doing?”
He held out his hand to her, she looked at him and took it. He pulled her close placing an arm around her waist while hold her other hand close to his chest. The violinist started playing You and Me by Lifehouse. Lexy looked at Nick, he had remember that they danced to this song a while back. She smiled as she leaned her head on his chest. She could hear his heart beat start getting faster, she pulled her head away and looked up at him. He was thinking, looked more like pondering. He sighed-“Lexy, you know how the other day I said all those things about me being the one that should be at the end of the alter waiting for you?”
She looked up at him-“Yea.”
He looked down at her-“Well I meant every word. I love you Lexy.”
She smiled-“Oh Nick, I love you too!”
He chewed on his lip, then shook his head as if making up his mind-“Ok, Lexy what I’m trying to say is...” He stepped back and got down on one knee, her hand immediately went to her mouth. Her eyes widened with excitement. He could see it, and smiled as he pulled out a small black box-“Alexia...will you marry me?”
She felt a knot in her throat, she was so excited. She didn’t care for the tears so she let them roll down as she nodded. She couldn’t speak, she just smiled as he took her hand and placed the ring on it. He then stood up and hugged her tightly. She kissed him, then finally spoke-“Oh Nick... I love you I love you so much!”
He smiled-“I love you too Lexy. You have made me the happiest man alive!”
They hugged each other for little longer then continued their night. She looked down at her hand and smiled as the light caught the diamonds. After while, Nick went over to the violinist, then came back. The violinist left, Lexy smiled at him as he waved. Nick blew out the candles, then took Lexy’s hand to lead her to the an area where he had laid a quilt on the floor. She looked at him-“What’s this?”
He looked at his watch-“Well, if you lay down you we can snuggle under this big blanket and look up at the stars.”
She smiled as she sat down, removing her heels-“Oh? So the fact that there is gonna be a meteor shower tonight has nothing to do with this?”
He looked shocked-“Really? I didn’t know that. Well then, that only makes this much better.”
She smiled as she laid on her back, he sat up on his elbow facing her. He kissed her, softly. She smiled-“Um...Nick the stars are over there.”
He shook his head as he removed a strand of hair off her face-“Oh no baby...I am looking at my shining star.”
She blushed and pulled him closer to her as they kissed had a truly magical night under the stars.