- Text Size +
The girls went out to lunch, to discuss a possible trip to Europe with the boys. Lexy smiled at herself as she reached across the table with her left hand-“Um…could some one pass the salt please.”
The other three girls looked down at her hand, Marley was the first to react-“OH MY! Is that what I think it is?”
Toni grabbed Lexy’s hand-“Lexy did Nick?” Lexy nodded with a huge grin, Toni continued-“OH my God that’s great! How exciting! Congratulations ”
Lisa reacted-“Wow! This is great! We have to celebrate. We need an engagement party!”
Lexy laughed-“Guys, calm down. I have something to tell you…we don’t wanna wait more that three months. We know we are ready for this, so why not get it over with, sooner than later!”
Marley’s eyes lit up-“OH, this is gonna be the fastest wedding we have ever planned.”
Lisa sighed then nodded firmly-“Right…well then we have a lot of planning to do. We must get started right away!”
Lexy clapped, then hugged her friends-“OH I love you guys!”
Lexy went back to the apartment, to find Nick. She wanted to tell him how supportive the girls had been, she found a note that said he had headed over to Sandy’s apartment to pick up Emma. She picked up her cell phone and called him-“Hey baby, are you still at Sandy’s?”
Nick smiled-“Yes, we are talking. Maybe you should head over here so we can both tell him the good news.”
Lexy laughed-“Alright, I’ll be over there in a few minutes.” She hung up the phone then headed upstairs to put her hair up in a pony tail. Then headed out to her car, she started heading to Sandy’s house. The radio was on, a BSB song came on the radio. She laughed as she found herself doing the moves to the song. Then she heard a siren behind her, looked like it was firetrucks. She pulled the car over, to let them go by. She continued her way to Sandy’s apartment, her heart started pounding loudly when she realized she was following the firetrucks. Her fear was being revealed, she pulled up to firetrucks surrounding the burning apartment complex. She froze looking at the overwhelming fire hovering over the apartments. It looked like it had been going on for hours when really it was just minutes. Lexy got out of the car and ran to the nearest fire fighter, a knot in her throat, making it hard to talk. She grabbed his arm-“Where are the people who were evacuated from this fire?”
The man looked at her-“Ma’am do you live here?”
She grabbed his jacket-“WHERE ARE THE PEOPLE EVACUATED??” Startled, he pointed to a crowd watching in horror as their homes went up in flames. Lexy searched the faces, some were darkened by ashes, some where just flat out pale. She looked from face to face to face to face...finally she came across a familiar face. She threw her arms around his neck-“OH Sandy I’m glad you are ok?” She looked around him, her eyes narrowed-“Where’s Nick and Emma?”
Sandy shook his head-“There was an explosion, I bumped my head and passed out. When I woke up, I was out here and they weren’t. I’m sorry.” She ran to the front of the yellow line and watched as more fire fighters came out with people. She searched for Nick or Emma, finally she saw Nick come out. She ran to the ambulance they took him too to make sure he was ok. He stood up and hugged her tightly, she looked up, tears flowing down her cheeks-“Where’s my baby?”
Nick shook his head-“I don’t know, they wouldn’t let me find her. They said they were going to.” Just then there was an explosion, flames shot out everyone ducked. Pieces of burning debris floating in the air, landing on the ground. Lexy ran towards the burning building-“NO!” She was stopped by two strong arms holding her by the waist, they were Nick’s. She struggled at first wanting to break free so she could go in there and find Emma.
She could hear him grunting as he also struggled to keep his grip on her-“Lexy Stop, you are gonna get hurt too. Please baby, stop.” She fell to the floor, he was covering her body with his. Just then, they looked up as a paramedics with a stretcher ran towards the building. There was a firefighter running out with a child in his arms. Lexy and Nick stood up, she could see the blonde hair. She realized Nick had loosened his grip, so she ran-“MY baby!” She reached the man and saw it was Emma, she was unconscious. Lexy ran with the stretcher, petting the girl. One of the paramedics told her what hospital to be at, then loaded her in an ambulance. She stood there as the ambulance drove off with her hand at her mouth crying.
Nick softly pulled on her arm-“Baby, give me the keys, lets go.”
They drove to the hospital, talking about what had happened. Lexy cried-“Oh I hope she is ok, Nick I swear I don’t know what will happen to me if she is not ok.”
Nick reached over and grabbed her hand, he kissed it-“She’s gonna be fine ok?”
They reached the hospital, she ran to the lady at the front desk-“Where’s the little girl from the fire?”
The lady chewed her gum like she was a cow as she said-“Are you the girls parents?”
Lexy rolled her eyes-“YES! Where is she??”
The lady held up a hand in defense-“Chill...she is in operating room?”
Lexy was about to go off on her when Nick grabbed her shoulders and pulled her away-“Thank you.”
They stood in the waiting room for a while, then a doctor came out-“Hello, are you the parents of the little brunette girl from the fire?”
Lexy looked at the doctor-“No, we are the parents of the little blonde girl. Why did she have to be operated, is she ok?”
The doctor looked confused-“The little blond girl wasn’t operated, who told you that?” He glared at the receptionist who was hiding behind some paperwork, then continued-“The little blonde girl has minor burns, but she did get a blow in the head so she is still unconscious. When she comes to again, she can leave the next day. Come on, I’ll lead you to her.”
Nick wrapped his arm around Lexy’s shoulder as they walked into the room-“See baby, she is gonna be ok.”
The doctor nodded-“When and if she wakes up.”
Nick glared at him, then walked into the room.