- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
ohh thanks everyone for the reviews, i'm really really glad you all like it so far, and i'm having fun writing it, well here is chaper 3 and hopefully in the next few days Chapter 4 and 5 will be posted, keep reviewing please thanks

love Tracy
MAGGIES POV
"Aje .... Aje, don't leave me please .... I love you, I really do" Maggie cried, tossing and turning, the tears rolling down her face while she was dreaming. She woke up and felt her face stinging, "Owe" she cried out as someone pushed her off the bed, and before she could get up, he was on her side, pulling her by the hair "you little Bitch .... who the hell is Aje ... and you dont love him, you love me, you hear that .... me and only me" he screamed at her and pulled her up, "i dont want you dreaming about other guys," he shouted and pushed her back to the floor, while he started kicking her, She cried out in pain, "besides, who ever he is, probably doesn't want you, your a worthless piece of trash, you lucky i'm kind enough to let you live here, you dont do anything except annoy me," he spat at her, then threw everything out of thier closet,
"LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO" he said shooting daggers at her, she was now trembling with fear. "i'm ..... i'm sorry" she whimpered, and crawled to where the mess was, she started folding the clothes so that he wouldnt hit her again, thats when he found it ..... "Whats this" he asked, picking up the year book, he flipped through it and saw the picture of AJ, with a heart around it, and in her writing I love you Alex Josh started laughing, "is this who you dreaming about, that stupid gay guy from Fagstreet Boys?" he tore the pages out of the book threw it at her, then kicked her again and walked out, "that stuff better be cleaned up and you better be making my breakfast by the time I get back or there will be more trouble." he threatned as he stormed out of the appartment.

She lay there quietly in pain, she wanted to get out so bad, but was terrified, what if he's right she thought frantically what if no-one will ever love me again, she collapsed on the floor in a fit of tears, she needed, Alex but she knew he would never forgive, why would he, she was selfish, and would regret telling him that she loved him, for the rest of her life, Joshua was the best she was going to get, she thought sadly to her self, she curled her self up in a ball and cried her eyes out.

She lay silently listening to the rain outside, the radio was playing softly, as she heard that song ... she smiled thinking of Alex, he had always been supportive of her, she had never met anyone who belived in her the way he did .... all she wanted was to be away from here .... him ... New York, she wanted more then anything to be wrapped up in Alex's arms once again.
There's a hero
If you look inside your heart
You don't have to be afraid
Of what you are
There's an answer
If you reach into your soul
And the sorrow that you know
Will melt away

And then a hero comes along
With the strength to carry on
And you cast your fears aside
And you know you can survive
So when you feel like hope is gone
Look inside you and be strong
And you'll finally see the truth
That a hero lies in you

It's a long road
When you face the world alone
No one reaches out a hand
For you to hold
You can find love
If you search within yourself
And the emptiness you felt
Will disappear

And then a hero comes along
With the strength to carry on
And you cast your fears aside
And you know you can survive
So when you feel like hope is gone
Look inside you and be strong
And you'll finally see the truth
That a hero lies in you

Lord knows
Dreams are hard to follow
But don't let anyone
Tear them away
Hold on
There will be tomorrow
In time
You'll find the way
And then a hero comes along
With the strength to carry on
And you cast your fears aside
And you know you can survive
So when you feel like hope is gone
Look inside you and be strong
And you'll finally see the truth
That a hero lies in you

I smiled and looked down to a photo that had just fallen out of the year book, it was BJ, Alex, Brad and I at our high school prom, I grinned at the memory, it was the most perfect night, and even though it could have become ugly, Alex still made it absolutely perfect. Alex and the guys were on tour, so I went with Brad, the sexiest guy in our school, when the guys let us know they could make it, I already had a date, so BJ and Alex went together.

***THE PROM***

BJ and I had decided to get ready togeather at her house, "BJ, MAGGIE" Jane shouted up the stairs, We took a deep breath as we finished our make up, we examined ourselves in the mirror and slowly started to decend the stairs, I had chosen a thin strap black dress, it was tight in all the right places, and flared down towards the bottom, I had a silver crown type thing on, with the neckless and matching earings that Alex and given me, the dress was glittery and made me feel like a princess. BJ's dress was similar, except it was red, and just straight down with a slit at the bottom, she had her hair put up in curls, then half was tied up, while the rest just hung low, she looked amazing, As we started going down the stairs I felt everyone watching us, I was so nervous, thinking of what Alex was going to say, when we got to the end I looked up at him, he had this look, "WOW" he breathed, looking BJ and I up and down, the let out a low whistle, I grinned just the response I was hoping to get, "you look ..... amazing" Brad said with a smile as I took his arm, we stayed for a few minutes and took photos, Nick wasnt there as he went to fetch his date.

When we got to the hall it was stunning, all decorated in Silver and black, I smiled as we took our seats, the whole night I felt AJ's eyes on me, but I also noticed that Brad wasnt really paying attention to me, "im just going to the bathroom" he whispered, I nodded and sat talking to Nick and AJ about the tour, after about an hour, I noticed Brad hadn't come back, so I went searching for him, and thats when I found him ... kissing his ex-girlfriend. I know what you all thinking, "who cares. Aj's the one she likes" but I had come to the realisation along time ago that AJ would never love me like that, and I really started to like Brad, he seemed so sweet and thoughtfully, "Brad" I whispered as the tears came to my eyes, "Maggie" he said, when he looked up and saw me standing there, I ran out of the hall and outside, it almost seamed like the perfect night, the hall was on a hill, and over looked the town, the waves could be heard crashing gently against the shore, and the stars were shining brightly, I fell to the floor, not caring about my dress, why didn't anyone love me, was I that horrible.

"Maggie" AJ whispered as he ran up to me, and pulled me into a hug, "I saw Brad and ....." he trailed off not wanting to upset me anymore, I clung to him and cried, "Whats wrong with me,?" I cried, he pulled away from the hug, and liffted my head to look at him, "sweetie, there's nothing wrong with you ... you an amazing, strong, and independant women, any guy would be lucky to have you" he whispered as he wiped the tears away, "its the last dance of the night, shall we?" he asked as he bowed and took my hand, I giggled a little then followed him into the hall, Mariah Careys song hero started blasting through the speakers, as he pulled me closer to him, his strong, tattooed arms wrapped tightly and protectively around my waist, as wrapped my arms around his neck, and we gently swayed to the music, "I love you" I whispered to him, he grinned at me, "love you too, little sis" I smiled at him and stayed in his arms until the end of the song, wishing I could stay there forever.

***BACK TO THE PRESENT***

she lay quietly humming to herself, as she listened to the lyrics that Mariah Carey was singing, and suddenly a little voice started talking to her, and she realized she was a strong independant women, as long as she made Joshua stop putting her down, she sat up a little and as quickly as possible she packed her bags, grabbed her money and wallet, and headed to JFK Airport.

***hero by mariah carey***