- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Yes, I know I haven't even finished Little Sister - or technically, The Secret - but I heard this song & just had to write this fic! I blame Clay Aiken for it, seeing as he sings this song - When I See You Smile - on his new album. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. BSB & everybody else owns themselves. Clay Aiken owns the song When I See You Smile - far as I know anyway. Thank-you.
Sometimes I wonder how I’d ever make it through
Through this world without having you
I just wouldn’t have a clue
And sometimes it seems like this world’s closing in on me
There’s no way of breaking free
And then I see you reach for me

Alexander James McLean – also known as A.J. McLean of the Backstreet Boys – sat on the couch in the room they were to have their meeting in, watching a little girl play. The little girl was his four-year-old sister, Tesia Lenore McLean. For some reason, he’d been granted permission to take him along on tour with him for a bit, though he wasn’t complaining. In fact, it was just the opposite. He was quite thrilled to have her there with him, even if she was a bit demanding – though, no more demanding than their record label and managers were.

“Careful, T.,” A.J. told her, as he saw the little girl trying to climb up onto a piece of furniture. “You don’t wanna fall.”

“I’s careful,” Tesia told him, then insisted, “I’s big girl now.”

“Yes, you are getting to be a big girl, aren’t you?” A.J. smiled, as she turned to flash him a grin. The little one had just turned four not that long ago, and was struggling to be able to speak as correctly as possible, wanting to be a big girl.

Tesia nodded in agreement, then cheered as she’d finally managed to pull herself up onto the chair. No sooner had she squirmed about and had her bottom sitting on the seat, than was she picked up off the chair and tackled with kisses.

“Hey Princess!” Kevin exclaimed grinning widely.

Tesia squealed in delight. “Evy!!!”

Kevin chuckled as her little arms tightened around his neck in a hug. “You forgot the ‘K’, Hunny. Can you say K-evy?”

“K-K-Evy. Kevy!”

“There yah go,” Kevin said proudly. “You got it.”

“Kevy! Kevy!” Tesia shouted, giggling like crazy. “My Kevy!”

“Yes, you’re Kevy, Little One,” Kevin smiled, kissing her cheek affectionately. “Always your Kevy.”

Tesia beamed, then squealed again as the other guys began to file in. “Nicky!!! Bri-Bri!!! Owie!”

“We really need to come up with something better than ‘Owie’,” Howie told her, ruffling her hair. “Otherwise, people are gonna think you’re hurt.”

“Nuh-uh,” Tesia replied, shaking her head. “You’s Owie.”

Howie shook his head in return, then took his seat, knowing their meeting was to begin soon.

Brian and Nicky said their hellos to the little one in Kevin’s arms. They then sat upon the couch with A.J., only to wrestle with one another for a bit.

A.J. chuckled. “Are we sure Tesia’s the only kid in here?”

Kevin smirked. “Well, with the way Frick ‘n’ Frack act, I’m not really sure anymore.”

Brian and Nick stuck their tongues out at the other guys in unison, then resumed their couch wrestling match.

“Ahem,” a voiced said, clearing its throat. “Let’s get started.”

Kevin sat in the chair Tesia had been climbing on, and set her in his lap. “Shh…You have to be quiet now, Hunny.”

Tesia nodded her understanding, and snuggled into Kevin, her thumb set in her mouth. She’d left her Teddy Bear over next to her brother, but knew he was safe as she could see him.

“Now, the next few days will be quite busy,” Johnny Wright told them. “We have interviews, photo shoots, press conferences, concerts, and meet ‘n’ greets.”

“Yeesh. When do we sleep?” A.J. muttered softly.

“When you’re done fulfilling your commitments,” Johnny answered. “Plus, you have to finish writing your thank-you letters for the new album. They’re due the day after tomorrow. Plus, somewhere in between all this, we have to put in practices for the shows.”

“Aw, man,” Nick whined. “That leaves no time for our Nintendo marathon.”

“What’s more important Nickolas?” Johnny snapped. “Making music, or playing some silly game system?”

“Music,” Nick squeaked, shrinking in his seat some. He hadn’t realized he’d spoken aloud.

“We do get breaks for lunch and stuff, right?” Howie checked.

“No, we’re going to starve you boys, Howard,” Johnny replied sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

“Well, you don’t have to be rude about it,” Kevin commented. “We’ve a right to ask questions.”

“Not stupid ones,” Johnny remarked.

“Owie nots stupids,” Tesia piped up quietly.

Johnny glared at the small girl in the eldest band member’s lap. “What’s she doing in here? Alex! I thought you were told to find a baby-sitter!”

“She’s fine,” A.J. growled. “And I can’t exactly hire somebody to watch her while we work. I want her with me at all times, if possible, anyway.”

“You’re risking your career, Alexander,” Johnny stated.

“Then so be it,” A.J. snapped. “Now, get back to running our lives.”

“We’ve a photo shoot in an hour,” Johnny continued, deciding to ride A.J. harder than the rest today, as punishment for mouthing off.

Tesia listened and watched, deciding it was best if she remained silent like Kevin had told her too. She hadn’t meant to get her brother in trouble. And now he looked upset and it was all her fault.

Kevin felt Tesia squirm, and gently set her down upon the floor, keeping an eye on her as she quickly ran for her brother.

A.J. was half-listening, half-complaining to himself, when he felt a little hand pat his leg. He looked down and couldn’t help but smile when he saw a little face staring up at him expectantly, her arms outstretched signaling she wanted to be held.

Tesia snuggled into her brother after he’d picked her up. She wanted to make him feel better, though seeing him smile made her feel better.

A.J. kissed her head, and held her close, tuning out what was being said as he leaned to whisper into her ear. “Thank-you…”

Tesia looked a bit confused, not knowing what he was thanking her for. She flashed him a smile and kissed his cheek though, as it felt right. She then grabbed up her Teddy Bear and leaned into her brother as she gave a tired yawn.

A.J. snuggled her close, trying to remember what life had been like before his sister. He sighed somewhat, as he realized he couldn’t remember. And part of him wasn’t so sure he wanted too.