- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This one's kinda short, but still good. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. BSB & everybody own themselves. Clay Aiken owns the song When I See You Smile. Thank-you!
Sometimes I wanna give up, wanna give in, wanna quit the fight
Then one look at you baby, can make everything alright
Make everything alright

“I’ve had it!” A.J. yelled storming to the back of the tour bus they all shared. “I’m sick and tired of them telling me what to do and how to act! I’m nineteen years-old, dammit!”

“Alex, calm down,” Howie told him. “You’re going to wake Tesia.”

“I - ” A.J. paused a moment, then spoke again, but without the shouting. “I’m about ready to up and quit and go home, D. They had the nerve to tell me off for having Tesia on tour with us. They then had the nerve to tell me to ship her home or I’m out of the group. Well, newsflash! I’ll quit before I send her home! I will!”

“Alex, don’t go acting on anger,” Howie said gently. “Wait until you’ve calmed down, then think about it rationally. I know you’re impulsive and all, but don’t go making any rash decisions while angry. It won’t do anybody – especially you or Tesia – any good.”

A.J. sighed, running a hand over his face as he flopped down onto the couch in the back. “I’m just so sick of this D. I mean, I love the music, I love the fans, I love to perform. But I’m sick of being told what to do twenty-four/seven and am sick of being told to send my little sister home. I mean, they let Nick have Aaron tag along, so why not Tesia?”

Howie sat next to his friend, patting his leg. “Because Aaron is a boy and is making them money. He also has his mother or father with him when he’s around to keep an eye on him. Nick isn’t the one watching him.”

“So it’s my fault my mother doesn’t tour with us to watch over a kid that’s not even hers?”

“Would you prefer your father or step-mother tagged along?”

“Hell no,” A.J. snapped. “I’d rather shave myself bald and walk on hot coals before that happened.”

“Well then?”

“But she’s not Mom’s responsibility. She’s mine,” A.J. pointed out. “I said I’d look after her and keep her safe and all that. It’s my job, Howie.” Howie sighed. “Then I don’t know what else to tell you, Alex. But I’m sure if you asked him too, that Marcus would gladly keep an eye on her like he has before. You know how much he adores her and her him. And it’s not like he ever goes far from you anyway, as it is his job to protect you.”

“I know, I know,” A.J. said, sighing heavily. “I just don’t want to share her. I don’t want to pawn her off on anybody either.”

“Alex, you’re already sharing her. Every times she runs off for Kevin, you’re sharing her,” Howie pointed out. “And you’re not pawning her off on anybody. We all love to be around her, so long as she’s behaving. And you know she’ll listen to Marcus, because she knows he’s not afraid to spank her bottom should she need it.”

A.J. nodded. “True. I think he’s the only one who’s the guts too. The rest of us are too soft,” he chuckled a bit. “But she’s just too damned cute.”

Howie smiled. “Don’t I know it.” He stood then, getting up to head for the bathroom. “Now, relax Alex. You need it. Besides, we’ve a long ride ahead of us anyway.”

A.J. nodded again. “Alright. Thanks D.”

“Anytime,” Howie replied, steadying himself after being jerked forward when the bus started to move again.

A.J. got up and headed towards the bunk area where he knew Tesia was sleeping. He pulled a curtain back and smiled as he stood there watching her sleep. She was an angel - his angel – and he’d do everything he could to keep her with him, as well as safe from harm.

Tesia stirred slightly as she felt someone lie down next to her. She cracked an eye open slightly, smiling sleepily when she realized it was her brother. “You gonna naps too, J.?”

“Yes, Baby,” A.J. smiled back. “I’m going to nap too. Go back to sleep, Hunny.”

Tesia nodded, closing her eyes once more as she rolled atop him to sleep on his chest like always.

A.J. rubbed her back as she lay upon his chest with her Teddy Bear clutched tightly in one hand, and him in the other. He stared up at the ceiling of the bunk after closing the curtain once more.

“Sings…” Tesia mumbled tiredly.

A.J. though a moment, then obliged her request. “‘Cause I’m holding on, with a love so strong. And I can’t face the day without you by my side….Girl don’t stop, the sun from shining down on me. ‘Cause I can’t take another day without your smile. Oh, your pretty smile….”