- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's more! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. BSB & everybody else own themselves. Clay Aiken owns the song When I See You Smile. Thank-you!
When I see you smile
I can face the world
Oh, you know I can do anything
When I see you smile
I see a ray of light
Oh, I see it shining right through the rain
When I see you smile
Baby, when I see you smile at me

“Phew! I’m exhausted!” Brian exclaimed, as him and the other four Boys left the stage they had just finished rehearsing on. They were taking a break, as they were hungry & about to collapse, as they’d had to go over a few of the routines more than once.

“I’m starved!” Nick’s voice rang out, as he made a mad dash for where they’d a table of food set up.

Howie towel dried his face, then followed the youngest member over to the food line-up, wanting to get some food soon as well.

Kevin chuckled, shaking his head. “Always about food and sleep,” he commented to his cousin and the groups’ rebel.

“Well, we’d best get some before they eat it all, don’t yah think?” A.J. said, stooping to scoop Tesia up. She’d been standing at his feet, yanking on his pant leg. “Hungry, T.?”

“Uh-huh,” Tesia nodded. “Wan’ burgers! Please!”

“Um…we’ll see what’s there, Hunny,” A.J. told her, carrying her over to the table. “Hey, look, they have hot dogs and pizza.”

“Yummy!” Tesia clapped, forgetting about her burger request. “Hot dog please J.!”

A.J. kissed the side of her head. “Sure Hunny. Bun or no bun?”

“Bun!”

“Want anything on it?”

“Ketchups!”

“Of course,” A.J. smiled. “Want mustard too?”

“Nuh-uh,” Tesia shook her head. “Pickle.”

“Ah, a pickle. Good choice, Babe.”

Tesia giggled, then looked back to beam at Kevin who was behind them. “You have hot dog an’ pickle too?”

“Sure, why not?” Kevin shrugged, grabbing up a hot dog and pickle. He also put some ketchup on his, so they’d have the same. “How’s that?”

Tesia just smiled as she was set down to eat her dinner. She sat upon the floor out of the way, munching on her hot dog and chips quietly, as she was thinking about something.

“J.? We play now?”

A.J. sighed. “I don’t think we can, T. We still hafta practice some more.”

“O’tay…” Tesia said sadly. She’d wanted to play with her brother.

A little bit later, Tesia had finished her meal and decided to sneak off. She wanted to do what she’d been told not to do all day long. She wanted to play onstage and sing and dance just like her brother.

A.J. looked up a few minutes later, not having had seen Tesia up and leave the room. “Hey, has anybody seen Tesia?”

“She was here a minute ago,” Brian answered. “I doubt she went far though, Aje.”

A.J. quickly tossed his plate into the trash and went off in search of his little sister. She knew better than to wander off, but yet she still had anyway. He was definitely going to give her, a stern talking to this time. He paused a moment though, when he thought he heard singing.

Tesia had wandered out onto the stage and with some help from Marcus, had been able to commandeer a microphone. She turned it on with his help, and began to sing into it, wanting to be just like her brother – her hero.

Marcus smiled as he watched the little girl sing into the microphone, noticing just how happy it seemed to make her.

A.J. stood backstage watching Tesia sing her heart out. Though she was only four, hearing her sing made him the happiest he’d ever been. He waited until she’d finished before walking out and joining her onstage. “Hey T… Whatcha singin’?”

Tesia whirled about, startled, dropping the microphone. “Hi….” She said tentatively.

A.J. flashed her a warm smile. “Want some music to go with it? And maybe some dancing?”

“Yeah!” Tesia exclaimed, nodding like crazy. “Backseat’s Back!”

A.J. chuckled. “Well, I guess we can sing Backseat’s Back.”

“Yay!” Tesia cheered, literally jumping for joy.

A.J. hollered for the band, whom all came scurrying out to see what he wanted. He made his request and they all nodded, agreeing to oblige for the small child who stood onstage, microphone in hand.

“Baby, let’s get you a better mic, so you can dance, okay?” A.J. suggested.

“O’tay!” Tesia grinned.

A.J. placed the microphone back on its stand, then grabbed one of the head mics and adjusted it so that it would fit her just right. “There we go. Now, can you do this?”

Tesia watched as her brother did the dance moves for the middle part of the song. “Uh-huh,” she nodded, then copied him as best she could.

“Close enough,” A.J. laughed. “Alright. One, two, three, Go!”

The band began to play, which drew everybody to the stage out of curiosity. All smiling when hey saw just why the band had gone back to work long before they had too.

“Evybody. Rock yer body. Evybody. Rock yer body wight. Backseat’s Back, alwight!” Tesia sang as she danced along.

A.J. shrugged and soon joined in on the dancing, feeling himself grin like a crazed lunatic.

A light suddenly shone down on the two then, as one sang and they both danced. It was quite the sight to see, brother and baby sister hogging the stage and loving every minute of it.

When the song ended, Tesia turned and smiled widely up at her big brother. “Tank-you, J.!” She squealed, running and jumping into his awaiting arms. She smothered him with exuberant kisses. “That fun!”

A.J. smiled back at her, loving to see the little grin that was identical to his own. “You’re welcome, Hunny.”

“Alright, who’s ready to get back to work?” Fatima asked, clapping her hands as she came out to the stage. “We’ve still a lot of work to do, boys.”

She was met by grumbling from all but the one holding the small child in his arms.

“I’m ready,” A.J. answered, though he was still looking at his sister, whom was still smiling happily at him. “I can do anything now…”