- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here y'all go. This better last yah a couple days. I didn't get a chance to nor feel like writing today. And tomorrow I might not get a chance to write either; stuck vaccuuming the house (as per usual *glares*) & doing people's laundry. Anyways...Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. BSB & everybody else own themselves. Clay Aiken owns the song When I See You Smile. Thank-you!
Baby there’s nothing in this world that could ever do
What the touch of your hands can do
It’s like nothing that I’ve ever knew
And when the rain is falling, I don’t feel it
‘Cause you’re here with me
And one look at you baby is all I’ll ever need
Is all I’ll ever need

The Backstreet bus pulled up to yet another motel, just as it started to rain. It was late afternoon, and by some miracle they were off the rest of the night. How they’d scored that they didn’t know, nor did they really care. All that mattered was that they’d finally gotten the break they so deserved.

“Man, I was hoping we’d beat the rain,” Nick whined somewhat. “Now my Nintendo is gonna get all wet.”

“Put it in a plastic bag or your suitcase, Frack,” Brian told him. “That should keep it dry until we get in there.”

Nick nodded and did as suggested, wanting to hurry and get inside to play his beloved games. “We’re still having our marathon, right Frick?”

“Yes, Frack,” Brian answered, grabbing up his duffel bag. “I don’t break my promises, if I can help it.”

Nick flashed his best friend as grin as he grabbed up his stuff and they headed for the bus doors. They both paused on the steps, as they watched the sight before them, both giggling at it.

“Hey, guys!” Brian called. “Y’all better come see this!”

Two came to see what the two were giggling about, and smiled themselves at the sight.

“Well, will you look at that,” Kevin commented, as he watched in amusement.

Howie just laughed as he peered out the bus window at the two outside in the rain. “I knew he was a softie when it came to her, but I never thought he’d be this much of a softie.


A.J. had been getting ready to head into the motel when he’d noticed his sister was missing and had gone looking for her. Imagine his surprise when he found her outside in the parking lot next to the bus playing in the rain.

“That girl,” he muttered. “She’s going to give me gray hair long before I’m due.”

He stepped off the bus hearing her giggles and squeals of delight long before he even neared her. She was running about and twirling around in circles with her tongue hanging out.

“Tesia,” he spoke, watching her immediately come to a halt.

Tesia heard her brother and froze. She knew she wasn’t to ever get off the bus without one of them, and yet she had. She slowly turned to look at him as her hands immediately went to cover her bottom.

“What are you doing?” A.J. asked calmly, not wanting to scare her any. Though, he hadn’t missed her hands moving to try and cover her bottom.

“Playin’…” Tesia replied softly.

“Are you s’pose to be out here alone?”

Tesia shook her head, her eyes starting to well up with tears, as she figured she was in big trouble.

A.J. sighed, and finally gave into the smile that wanted to escape his lips. “Are you a puppy now?”

Tesia cocked her head to the side, looking up at him confused.

“Well, you were running about with your tongue out,” A.J. reminded her. “Don’t puppies do that? Run with their tongues out.”

Tesia smiled some now. “I’s eatin’ da rain.”

“Ah, eating the rain,” A.J. repeated, nodding. “Does it taste good?”

Tesia giggled and ran over to him. “Wanna plays J.?”

“Play what? Puppies?”

Tesia giggled even more. “Uh-huh.”

A.J. scooped her up and playfully blew raspberries on her tummy, listening to her squeal with laughter. “Sure thing, Babe.”

Tesia took off running the moment he’d set her back down upon the ground. She was giggling uncontrollably as her brother chased her about in the rain.

A.J. laughed maniacally as he chased the little girl around their section of parking lot, completely oblivious to the fact that they were being watched.

“Gotcha!” He exclaimed, grabbing her up off the ground quick, then setting her down again. “You’re it!”

Tesia quickly turned and began to chase her brother. “Rawr!”

A.J. laughed. “Rawr? Are you a lion now, T.?”

Tesia replied with another roar. “Rawr!”

“Ahhh!” A.J. yelled playfully as he ran from her, though he didn’t run all that fast.

Tesia finally caught up to him, tackling his legs and latching on tight.

A.J. scooped her up once more laughing. He stuck his tongue out at her, and she did the same back. “Let’s eat some rain, shall we?”

Tesia nodded through her giggles.

The four Boys still on the bus watched as A.J. spun both of them in circles, their tongues hanging out trying to catch the falling rain drops.

“They’re going to catch pneumonia,” Kevin stated finally. “Let’s head in fellas.”

The other three all grumbled a bit, but then ran out into the rain, quickly heading for the front entrance.

“Alex! C’mon!” Howie called out to his crazy friend. “You’re getting wet!”

“Am I?” A.J. said, looking perplexed. He’d been so busy playing with Tesia, he’d almost forgotten it was raining, though they were ‘eating’ it at the moment. “I don’t feel it.”

“You don’t feel your clothes sticking to your body yet?” Brian chuckled. “C’mon Bone. Y’all are soaked.”

Kevin came out of the bus then, carrying his bag as well as A.J.’s and Tesia’s. “C’mon you two. Get inside before you catch your death.”

“Aww, Kev,” A.J. whined playfully, making the little one giggled which caused him to smile wide. “We’re just eatin’ us some rain.”

“More like the rain’s eating you,” Kevin replied. “Now, get inside Alex. She’s going to get sick if you don’t.”

“Sure, ruin our fun,” A.J. told him, as he headed for the door with a now pouting child.

“Buts J.!” Tesia whined. “We’s playin’ doggies!”

“Kevin’s being a meanie, Hunny,” A.J. replied. “So we hafta go inside.”

Tesia cast Kevin a cold glare, now angry with him, though her eyes were starting to get teary. “Meanie!”

Kevin sighed, shaking his head. He didn’t want her mad at him, but he also didn’t want for her to catch cold. He followed the others all upstairs to their rooms after they’d gotten the keys.

“Finally!” Howie exclaimed as they reached their floor. “I get a room to myself!”

Brian and Nick both grinned. “We’re off to play Nintendo in our room!”

A.J. rolled his eyes, as he realized Kevin was going to be bunking with him and Tesia again.

Howie disappeared into his room, as Brian and Nick disappeared into theirs.

Kevin unlocked the door for them, then went in and tossed their bags onto the floor, not wanting to get the beds wet. “You better get out of those wet clothes, Alex.”

“Yes, dad,” A.J. replied sarcastically.

Kevin gave him a Look. “You can’t afford to get sick, and I don’t think you want Tesia to get sick either.”

“Whatever,” A.J. waved him off.

“Alex,” Kevin said warily.

“Kevin, I’m not a little kid! I can take care of myself!”

“Then at least take care of your sister!” Kevin snapped, seeing Tesia squirm down and run off. “If she doesn’t get dry, she’s going to get sick!”

“I’m not stupid Kevin!” A.J. growled. “I know enough to get her dry!”

“Then why don’t you shut-up and go do that?”

“Why don’t you just shut-up!”

Tesia had run off to grab her Teddy Bear, though she was now getting him wet seeing as she was soaked. She heard the two she loved best arguing and started to cry softly, though neither of them heard her.

A.J. and Kevin continued to argue, until they heard a lone wail and A.J. felt someone grab hold of his pant leg. Both men looked down, their hearts breaking at the sight.

“Hunny, what’s wrong?” A.J. asked, immediately crouching down to her height.

“You’s fightin’!” Tesia wailed. Fighting scared her, as it was all her parents ever seemed to do. And usually when they fought, if she was near, her mother would spank her, even if she hadn’t done anything wrong. Though, her Daddy would snuggle her later and bring her cookies and chocolate milk to make her feel better.

Kevin crouched down, and reached over to move her wet hair from her face. “Hunny, we didn’t mean to scare you.”

Tesia clung tightly to her Teddy Bear as she sobbed.

A.J. scooped her up into his lap as he maneuvered to sit on the floor, Kevin across form him now also sitting cross-legged. “Shh…It’s okay, Baby.”

Tesia hiccupped as she snuggled close, burying her face half into him and half into her Teddy Bear.

A.J. rocked her a bit, but frowned when he felt her shudder. “Let’s get you out of these wet clothes, T.”

Kevin quickly took Tesia from her brother. “I’ll get her undressed. You get out of those wet clothes yourself.”

A.J. went to argue, but stopped when he saw the look on Kevin’s face. Instead, he nodded and stripped down to his boxers.

Kevin got Tesia undressed completely and wrapped her up in a towel that happened to be lying on one of the beds. He snuggled her close until her brother was in nothing but his underwear, then passed her back to him.

Tesia snuggled into her brother once more, having calmed down some while being undressed.

A.J. kissed her head. “Let’s get you into the tub, Hunny.”

“Duckie,” Tesia mumbled softly, as she was lifted up as her brother stood.

“Kev, can you bring him in while I run her a bath?”

“Sure,” Kevin nodded, also getting up now.

“Thanks,” A.J. smiled, taking Tesia into the bathroom to get her into a warm bath.

Kevin entered the bathroom a few minutes later, smiling as he saw the little one splashing about in the tub filled with bubbles.

“Enough bubbles, Alex?” He asked, handing Tesia her rubber duck.

A.J. chuckled. “Well, the bottle kinda slipped Kev. ‘Sides, makes her happy.”

“I can wash her, if you wanna go steal somebody’s shower to get yourself warmed up,” Kevin offered.

“Eh. I’ll risk it,” A.J. shrugged.

“Comes in J.!” Tesia insisted, wanting him to come in and play.

A.J. glanced at Kevin. “Is that allowed?”

“Well, it’s not like you’re naked,” Kevin told him. “And she is still just a baby.”

A.J. shrugged, then gave Tesia smile. “Alight. Move over, T.”

Tesia cheered and quickly moved so that her brother could get in.

A.J. sighed as he felt the warmth hit his body. “Ah…”

Tesia giggled and tackled him carefully, leaning on him now, since she was standing.

“Hey, hey, no standing silly,” A.J. chuckled, kissing her forehead and giving her a quick squeeze.

Tesia immediately sat back down and began to play once more.

Kevin chuckled as he watched the two, play with the bubbles in the tub. “Yanno, I’m not sure who the kid is now. You’re both covered in bubbles.”

“Ah, shaddup,” A.J. told him.

Tesia giggled as they played, eventually allowing her brother to wash her and hand her over to Kevin, so he could enjoy the tub a little longer.

Kevin scooped the little one up, wrapping her in the fluffy white towel once more. “C’mon Hunny. Let’s go get you into some clothes.”

“Kay,” Tesia agreed, snuggling into him.

“I’ll toss some in for you if you want. Alex.”

“Thanks,” A.J. said. “Now, git! So I can shower.”

Kevin chuckled, shaking his head as he carried Tesia out of the bathroom. He got her dressed in some warm flannel pajamas, then tossed some pants and boxers into the bathroom for A.J.

“Thanks!” A.J. called out, over the roar of the shower.

Kevin shook his head, then flopped down on the bed that he’d left Tesia upon.

Tesia immediately climbed atop Kevin and smiled down at him, giggling as he tickled her sides.

A.J. emerged from the bathroom minutes later, only to find Kevin and Tesia tickling one another as they lay upon the one bed.

“Hey, isn’t somebody s’pose to be asleep?”

“Nah,” Kevin laughed. “I’m wide awake.”

A.J. rolled his eyes. “Not you, you doofus. I meant the little one giggling like a lunatic.”

“Comes lie withs us, J.!” Tesia insisted. “Please!”

“Alright, alright. You’ve twisted my leg,” A.J. smiled, going over and flopping down next to Kevin.

Tesia peered down at her brother, as she remained atop Kevin’s chest, sitting there giggling. “You’s clean?”

“Yes, I’m clean,” A.J. replied, smiling. “C’mere, Hunny.”

Tesia immediately switched to her brother’s chest, patting it as she sat there. “You’s my brudder.”

“Yes, I’m your brother,” A.J. agreed.

“Kevy mine too,” Tesia informed him. “I’s a marry Kevy.”

A.J. laughed, as Kevin choked. “What’s wrong, Kev? Girls your age aren’t good enough?”

“Shaddup,” Kevin told him.

“Time to go to sleep, Baby,” A.J. said finally, running his fingers through her hair. “You look sleepy.”

“I’s am,” Tesia admitted, flopping forwards on him to lie down, ignoring his ‘oof’ of protest. She snuggled into him, calming down immediately as he rubbed her back and patted her bottom gently every so often.

Kevin smiled at the two. He knew they loved one another, but he was always amazed by just how much.

“Sings please….”

Both Kevin and A.J. eyed one another then began to sing softly, as Tesia began to doze upon her brother’s chest.

“If I don’t have you, to hold onto, I can’t go on in this world alone. Baby it’s true, if I don’t have you. If you said good-bye, Girl I would die. I’m a star with no light, a day with no night, if I don’t have you…”

A.J. stared down at her as they sang, knowing she was all he’d ever need, if he could have nothing else in life.